Thread: 11H of priority screening and lost of "first reg"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 11H of priority screening and lost of "first reg"

Hello,
    today it's happening something strange. I got a new Laudamotion reg (OE-LOJ) and I uploaded it as I came back home from the airport. The photo went immediately "currently in screening" but I'm still waiting, 10:30H later, for the screening result.... but I got one result!!
    Someone uploaded it 4 hours later and I lost my "first reg badge" because of this never ending "currently in screening".
    Now, you may think that I don't care if I get the badge or no, that I just care about the uploaded photo; that's wrong. This morning I went to the airport (80km) JUST for taking this new reg. And what I got? That someone got it while my photo is still in the "currently screening"? If you wanna cross-check the times I uploaded the photo at around 12:45 and at that time the aircraft was flying from VIE to VLC, without any photo ofc.
    If my photo has some problem why just don't reject it immediately and so I fix and send it again and gain my badge? I would have spent all the 20 slots to get it.
    It may seems a childish complaint but that badge was mine as I did everything to get it and YOU just "ignored" it and gave it to someone else.
    I really feel robbed now.

Regards,
    Tombarelli Federico

It's happened to me before too, I feel your pain. Sucks, but not much you can do about it other than double check your photo for any little flaws before uploading to have the best chance of it getting accepted quickly. I'm still working on that!

Quote Originally Posted by wamozart View Post
    Hello,
    today it's happening something strange. I got a new Laudamotion reg (OE-LOJ) and I uploaded it as I came back home from the airport. The photo went immediately "currently in screening" but I'm still waiting, 10:30H later, for the screening result.... but I got one result!!
    Someone uploaded it 4 hours later and I lost my "first reg badge" because of this never ending "currently in screening".
    Now, you may think that I don't care if I get the badge or no, that I just care about the uploaded photo; that's wrong. This morning I went to the airport (80km) JUST for taking this new reg. And what I got? That someone got it while my photo is still in the "currently screening"? If you wanna cross-check the times I uploaded the photo at around 12:45 and at that time the aircraft was flying from VIE to VLC, without any photo ofc.
    If my photo has some problem why just don't reject it immediately and so I fix and send it again and gain my badge? I would have spent all the 20 slots to get it.
    It may seems a childish complaint but that badge was mine as I did everything to get it and YOU just "ignored" it and gave it to someone else.
    I really feel robbed now.

Regards,
    Tombarelli Federico
    Hi Tombarelli Federico,

I’m sorry to hear that you feel bad about a photo stuck in queue for 11h. We are always happy with people contributing to expand the JP database and that’s why we have the hot-photo queue. The opinion of our screening crew is also that the main goal of spotting should be: fun. In our opinion the main goal should not be: go to the airport, photograph a new aircraft and drive home as quickly as you can to be the first to upload a hot photo. That’s a bit what I taste in your explanation but I can be wrong.
    Your particular photo was sent for senior review because the first screener was unsure about it. Since we have far less senior screeners than regular screeners it can take some time (and please don’t forget we are all volunteers).
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-09-2019 at 08:13 AM.

I agree with Sandra: fun first of all. I believe, however, that if your photo was uploaded before, if accepted, it should be first and therefore worthy of the badge.
    Sorry for my bad english
    Ciao Federico.

First of all I wanna thank you all for your reply.
    The fact isn't that this is a "competition" and I'm not having fun in taking photos, if I could I would spend every day at the airport. I live near Bologna that is an airport without any great surprises or different movements, it's quite always "the same". So as I saw the possibility of taking a new reg I just felt good and wanted to take it cuz I like very much the badge system and this encourage me more in going and find some new regs, also for the DB growing.
    Again, this isn't an offensive post or whatever, I know that you screeners are people and not robots living in front of the screen looking at the thousands and thousands photos, but I feel a bit betrayed with that long waiting queue and I lost the small joy that having that badge, that in fact I deserve, would have gave me.
    So, I ask if you can give it to me and we close here the discussion. In my opinion it will be right, I hope you can understand.

Regards and keep up the good, hard work
    Federico

Ok, I understand your point, however - put yourself in place of photographer who got the badge you are asking for...
    How could he/she could known that someone else uploaded the hot pic already? First accepted new reg gets the badge, not first uploaded to the queue. As Sandra mentioned - if screener gets any doubts - he may send the pic to Seniors - who - as separate screening process - review the picture in question. Now - with thousands pics screened per day - imagine that there are several pics in senior screeners review and it is not monitored constantly. All of us screen in our free time, voluntarily, it's not the primary and only job for any of us. Seniors also have lots of additional tasks around JP.
    Hope you understand that.
    We are all here because we love aviation and photography. Let's keep it as fun and hobby, not competition. I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to get a badge, we have few of them
    Cheers!
    Tom

I don't agree. Just reject it with the doubt and I will upload it again with the correction needed/mentioned by the screener.
    Mine photo wasn't the first accepted BUT IT SHOULD BE, the fault isn't mine, it's YOURS. You reject, I upload again, maybe I use all my slots? It's fine. I'll try again and again to get it. This time you just delayed my photo and I lost the badge. So why put the priority queue?
    "put yourself in place of photographer who got the badge you are asking for...", this would never happen if you just treat a priority screening like it should be treated.
    So, what can we do now? Ask for the other photographer if it's fine for him to just give me what I deserve?
    "We are all here because we love aviation and photography. Let's keep it as fun and hobby, not competition." You are just ignoring this. YOU are making this a competition with your delays. The badge is mine. STOP.