Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 01 - Sigma 170-500mm

Hey all,

A bit of a strange question but maybe someone may know of an answer or solution. About a month or so ago I bought a Sigma 170-500mm for aviation photography however whenever I use it on my Canon 7D MK1 it throws up the ERROR 01 code if used between the 170-350mm focal length, if used between 350-500mm the lens works absolutely fine.

To top it off I have used the Sigma on another DSLR body (Canon 1300D) and all focal lengths actually work fine on there. Also no other lenses used on my 7D have ever or currently have this same error/issue

Any ideas or suggestions to what the cause is before I bring it to a camera repair shop would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers and Kindest Regards,

Jordan W

I think your best bet is to give Sigma, or Canon a call. If it can’t be fixed, I would ask for a refund.
    Or, if the lens is under warranty, you might get another one if it’s a lens fault.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154010489@N04/
    https://www.instagram.com/crosswind_...ography/?hl=en

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Williams View Post
      Hey all,

A bit of a strange question but maybe someone may know of an answer or solution. About a month or so ago I bought a Sigma 170-500mm for aviation photography however whenever I use it on my Canon 7D MK1 it throws up the ERROR 01 code if used between the 170-350mm focal length, if used between 350-500mm the lens works absolutely fine.

To top it off I have used the Sigma on another DSLR body (Canon 1300D) and all focal lengths actually work fine on there. Also no other lenses used on my 7D have ever or currently have this same error/issue

Any ideas or suggestions to what the cause is before I bring it to a camera repair shop would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers and Kindest Regards,

Jordan W
      I think it's a problem with some of the older Sigma lenses and newer Canon bodies with to my knowledge no easy solution.

Comment

Originally posted by CrosswindPhoto View Post
        I think your best bet is to give Sigma, or Canon a call. If it can’t be fixed, I would ask for a refund.
        Or, if the lens is under warranty, you might get another one if it’s a lens fault.
        Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately its an older second hand buy off of eBay and I don't think the model is supported by Sigma anymore

Originally posted by NeilA330 View Post
        I think it's a problem with some of the older Sigma lenses and newer Canon bodies with to my knowledge no easy solution.

http://butterflybikers.cz/index.php/...old-sigma-lens
        I had a Feeling it may be related to the compatibility between the lens and the body, unfortunately may just mean its limited in the focal length in which it can be utilised, will keep that in mind with older Sigmas when lens shopping in future!

Thanks both of you for your help! Greatly appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
        X