Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obstacles by deicing pics

Hi,

these three pics were all rejected for obstructing objects/foreground clutter .

Of course the deicing vehicles are before the a/c. But how shall I present deicing shots without the deicing vehicles?

By this exactly the same pic there were no problems to get it accepted.
    Early morning deicing after a little snowfall. D-ASTV. Airbus A321-211. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Brgds

Rainer

In Portugal there is no need to deicing, so these photos are of great value to me, so should also be appreciated by photographers or aviation enthusiasts from tropical countries, africa, etc. I really like the photos.

Comment

Item 3.5 of the upload guidelines specifically refers to obstruction by de-icing equipment being acceptable if it is in-use and forming part of the image motive. Admins, he can only appeal one image at a time. This should be dealt with ?
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Hi,
        I've just rejected the Etihad appeal. As explained in the appeal message, the image isn't really showing anything which would make the obstruction acceptable. De-icing needs to be in motion and show actually something interesting motive wise, with light effect and so on. The Easyjet above is a bit more interesting with the de-icing fluid effect but still, not much visible of the deicing itself. Imo they were all 3 correctly rejected.

The Alltours 321 is a much rarer catch compared to an Etihad 330 and probably got a green light for that reason.

Way more action involved on pics like these ones (and also less obstructed)

OE-LGL. Bombardier Dash 8-Q402. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

D-AEAO. Airbus A300B4-622R(F). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

N433UP. Boeing 757-24A(PF). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

SP-TVZ. Boeing 737-8BK. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HA-LPO. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Hope it helps
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

thank you for your reply which I sadly cannot accept!!

Your rule says" Exceptions may be made if the equipment forms part of the motive of the shot, such as in use de-icing equipment,...." Your dercision is based on a personal opinion and is so very subjective. The rule doesn't say how attractive the deicing has to be. In all three of my pics the deicing vehicles are in use. And that's what the rule requieres. Nothing more!

The pics you have mentioned cannot help in the most cases because in these is no deicing vehicle in front of the a/c at all. (Only slightly by the DASH Pic) Some pics have even no obstacles at all. So the comparison with my pics doesn't work at all.

The alltours a/c was standard at the time of upload. And were are the many decing pics of Etihad a/cs in the db?

So I really ask you neither to adjust your rules more clearly to avoid misunderstandings and dissatifaction or either recheck if my pics can be accpeted.

Best regards

Rainer

Comment

Originally posted by comet1 View Post
            Your dercision is based on a personal opinion and is so very subjective.
            80% of rejection reasons are subjective. I wouldn't make that the basis for your argument.

The rule doesn't say how attractive the deicing has to be. In all three of my pics the deicing vehicles are in use.And that's what the rule requieres.
            They are not rules, they are guidelines.

The pics you have mentioned cannot help in the most cases because in these is no deicing vehicle in front of the a/c at all. (Only slightly by the DASH Pic) Some pics have even no obstacles at all. So the comparison with my pics doesn't work at all.
            They in fact are excellent examples as the equipment is partially blocking the aircraft (but to a much lesser extent than in your images), but still adding to the motive.

I realize this will likely not do much to change your opinion, but you do need to accept that for such subjective matters, others might not see things the same way as you. I would have rejected the EasyJet and Etihad as well, so it's not a minority opinion on the crew.

Comment

Hi dlowwa,

thank you for your reply.

Well, if you want us to argue about the terms rules and guidelines... But this would lead to nothing. Only because these are guidelines only they cannot be taken serious?

But yes, I have to apologize for my intention to share pics like these. I thought that pics which were partly top of 24 hrs in another important db would be good enough for you. My fault.

But it is your db.

So I will continue uploading exciting 90degrees sunny obstacle free shots to avoid rejections und disappiontments.

You all have a good day!

Rainer

Comment

Hi dlowwa,

thank you for your reply.

Well, if you want us to argue about the terms rules and guidelines... But this would lead to nothing. Only because these are guidelines only they cannot be taken serious?

But yes, I have to apologize for my intention to share pics like these. I thought that pics which were partly top of 24 hrs in another important db would be good enough for you. My fault.

But it is your db.

So I will continue uploading exciting 90degrees sunny obstacle free shots to avoid rejections und disappiontments.

You all have a good day!

Rainer
                I think your attitude speaks for itself. My point was that there is no black and white acceptable/unacceptable way of judging such things, especially when there is a large group of people involved, but it seems there is for you.

Comment

Hi dlowwa,

I agree, that it is senseless to argue much more due to too much different points of view.

If I'm right brianw999 is kind of your moderator in this forum. It was him, who pointed on this guideline telling me that there could have been something gone wrong in that specific screening process.

As uploader for much more than a decade and prescreener in another major db I know a little about the subjectivity in the screening process which should not be led too much by the personal taste of a screener. And imo that's why guidelines are written to have at least a bit homogeneousity. And as you can read above in the thread of member RUI cardose these kind of pics can find friends.

Best greetings

Rainer

Comment

how shall I present deicing shots
                    Rainer, I'm just curious, I'm not going to debate on the matter you adressed.
                    The position of your camera seems to be perfect for those parked aircraft.
                    Your night shooting skills seem to be excellent as well (my non-pro, non-screener view).
                    Was there no window for a picture before or after the deice such that you could upload without deice equipment 'round the aircraft?

Comment

Hi bleuair,

thank you for your kind reply.

Yes, there was a window for pics without the deicing vehicles. But then you have a quite boring and inatractive shot in difficult light conditions. I made these shots but didn't regard them worth to be shared instead. For me the decing process with the colored retardant is the interesting thing in the pics.

In the past pics like these were no problem to be accpted as you can see here with uploads from last year.
                      Obviously the guideline is handled more strictly now. Why ever!

See:

B-8386. Airbus A330-343. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

After waiting many hours at the deicing position due to closed airport be deiced finally for takeoff.. D-ABOA. Boeing 757-330. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The moment of beginning of deicing.. HB-JJF. Boeing 767-316(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Best greetings

Rainer

Comment

In the past pics like these were no Problem to be accpted as you can see here with Uploads from last year.
                        Obviously the guideline is handled mor strictly now. Why ever!
                        this is clearly wrong and like I told you in the PM, you don't see the pics similar to yours that get rejected, and that's a main point here. Those were correctly rejected, we need to set up a limit (actually it's more about being lenient on obstruction) and this limit is that those vehicles need to really add something to the shots which isn't the case here, opposite to the polish shots I've posted above.

cheers
                        Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

probably we can keep on arguing till doomsday. We both will keep our very different point of views. Such is life!

But I still don't get the clue why in my accepted pics shown above the vehicles are more attractive than in the rejected shots. Only the light conditions are better but this is not the point here if I understand right.
                          I'm no talking about the pics you showed yesterday. They are very different indeed.

But now I know and will stop upload deicing shots like these and share them somewhere else. I can live with it.

Best greetings

Rainer

Comment

Hi,

is there any chance to get this scan from 1999 with this nice scene getting accepted despite the obstacles?

Brgds

Rainer

Comment

Would be acceptable to me

regards
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X