• Show
Clear All

• BOAC Livery editing advice

Click image for larger version

Name:	B744 BAW G-BYGC BOAC 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	552.2 KB
ID:	1045901

I have had some trouble getting this (and a few others) to have enough contrast to be accepted. I would appreciate any advice on how to rectify this.

Many thanks in advance.

Originally posted by TheNo10 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21913[/ATTACH]

I have had some trouble getting this (and a few others) to have enough contrast to be accepted. I would appreciate any advice on how to rectify this.

Many thanks in advance.
    Contrast is a bit flat due to the (slightly?) overcast conditions. You can try boosting it a bit, but don't think you'll ever get it perfect (doesn't need to be perfect to be acceptable for here though).

Comment

Thanks for the swift response.

This version of the photo has the contrast setting on Lightroom at 60. The attached version has contrast of 85, though it appears dark IMO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B744 BAW G-BYGC BOAC 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	569.2 KB
ID:	1033025

Would the attached version be acceptable, or would it require more editing?

Many thanks.

Comment

This version of the photo has the contrast setting on Lightroom at 60. The attached version has contrast of 85, though it appears dark IMO.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21915[/ATTACH]

Many thanks.
        I'd say still pretty good chance that would be a contrast/dark rejection.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21915[/ATTACH]

Many thanks.
          Hi, I was the screener who left you a note about the contrast rejection reason yesterday.

When the aircraft landed on the 27 rwy at LHR on the 18th around 10am, the light (what there was of it) was coming from the other side of the aircraft which if the sun had been out would have led to a backlit rejection.

Unfortunately, it was lousy weather, the airframe was poorly lit and what light there was, was coming from the other side.
          Regards T

Comment

Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
            Hi, I was the screener who left you a note about the contrast rejection reason yesterday.

When the aircraft landed on the 27 rwy at LHR on the 18th around 10am, the light (what there was of it) was coming from the other side of the aircraft which if the sun had been out would have led to a backlit rejection.

Unfortunately, it was lousy weather, the airframe was poorly lit and what light there was, was coming from the other side.
            Regards T
            Is this likely to be salvageable at this point? (this would have been nice to know before attempting to upload it five times)

Thanks

Comment

Hi, one for the personal collection.
              My screener remarks to you where, on your 5th attempt to upload the image as “hot”. Colleagues had previously rejected the image for contrast. I try to leave constructive feedback when I can. You appealed my decision and a senior screener left you feedback when rejecting your appeal.

You then came to the forum.

The forum is a great place for advice, if it was me I’d have come here before resubmitting the image Five times and appealing
              Last edited by 777MAN; 2019-02-20, 15:45.

Comment

Working...
              X