Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial colorblindess - rejections because of cast / hue

Dear All

I am opening this thread because I have had consistant problems with photos being rejected because of a RED / BLUE / CYAN cast on some of my photos.
    I am being honest here, due to a partial colorblindness I cannot see these casts / hues which are very subtle. I am not colorblind (I do not see the world in black and white ) but I cannot see the cast / hue which generates these rejections.

I would like to see if any of you have the same problem and if some of you know how to resolve this problem with Photoshop or some other tool.
    I cannot resolve this problem with my eyes. I need some tool that either shows me the problem in another way or fixes the problem 100%.

For example I have tried using the LEVELS adjustment layer in Photoshop.
    Here I can use the eyedropper (either black, gray or white) and select an area of the plane I know is one of these colors.
    But here is the problem. First of all I cannot see the starting problem.
    If I use the black eyedropper tool on the tires which are 99% of the time pure black - oddly enough a new color cast comes into play when Photoshop adjusts (obviously I cannot see this new cast).
    If I use the white eyedropper tool on the fuselage somewhere which I think is pure white - if by luck I nail a pure white spot, problem resolved (though someone needs to tell me) - but if I nail a spot which is particulary affected by the original color cast, it spreads the color cast even more creating a stranger hue.

So... as you can see it demoralises me not being able to solve the problem with some tool that can be 99% effective.
    Any help out there is most welcome. As Princess Leia says in Star Wars, "Obi Wan you are my only hope"...but where is the Obi Wan of color blindness?

Hope this help:
    In PS go to Filter--> Camera RAW filter. In the new window, at the right side and just under the histogram you can find something like this:

R: ---
    G: ---
    B: ---

Then move the mouse pointer over a white part of the photo, you will see the values of the three RGB channels corresponding to that part indicated by the pointer.
    If this part is pure white then R,G and B channels will have the same amount. Ie:
    bright white:
    R: 246
    G: 246
    B: 246
    Clipping white:
    R: 255
    G: 255
    B: 255

Red cast:
    R channel value is bigger than G and B channel values
    R: 255
    G: 235
    B: 235

And so on. You can correct the white balance by using the sliding bars named "Temperature" and "Tint"

Comment

Working...
    X