mplace - Screening and Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Alex!

That was strange for me. I don't know what I touched to make it compressed in Lightroom. Is this a better one to try out. Again, I am still worried about how soft it is and it it is recoverable. Thank you all for your help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	B-18917try.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	507.7 KB
ID:	1041070

Comment

I am still looking for some advice from my post yesterday (7/22/19), but I would also appreciate some guidance on these other photos that I took from that day as well. Thank you so much!

Name:	N641NK.jpg
Size:	485.9 KB
ID:	1041094

Name:	N931WN.jpg
Size:	503.2 KB
ID:	1041095

Name:	N328FR.jpg
Size:	499.2 KB
ID:	1041096

Comment

Originally posted by mplace View Post
        I am still looking for some advice from my post yesterday (7/22/19), but I would also appreciate some guidance on these other photos that I took from that day as well. Thank you so much!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26637[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]26638[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]26639[/ATTACH]
        All three borderline dark, and the first also a touch soft.

Comment

Hi again! I would liked to have this photo pre-screened. I am worried about the horizon and the contrast in the photo and whether this is acceptable or can be edited for JP. Thank you for your help!

Name:	B-6076.jpg
Size:	681.0 KB
ID:	1043221

Comment

Hi again! I would liked to have this photo pre-screened. I am worried about the horizon and the contrast in the photo and whether this is acceptable or can be edited for JP. Thank you for your help!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29174[/ATTACH]
            Horizon is ok, but almost certainly a color/contrast rejection as it is. Color probably fixable, contrast possibly. Would need to see the final edit before saying whether it was acceptable.

Comment

Thanks for checking it out. Here is another edited version of the aircraft where I changed the color and contrast. I assumed that the white balance was a little too blue on my previous post. How else can this photo be improved? Thank you for helping me out!

Name:	B-6076-9839.jpg
Size:	636.0 KB
ID:	1043242

Comment

Thanks for checking it out. Here is another edited version of the aircraft where I changed the color and contrast. I assumed that the white balance was a little too blue on my previous post. How else can this photo be improved? Thank you for helping me out!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29197[/ATTACH]
                Color is better, but contrast is still quite poor. Not sure you can fix it with editing given the overcast light.

Comment

Hi! I just had this photo rejected in the queue for it being underexposed and the horizon being un-level. I won't argue that the photo is underexposed, but I am pretty sure it is level looking at the verticals in the picture. Before I go and submit an edited version of this, would you help me figure out how much and where the direction of rotation needs to be, if at all, to fix the horizon on this photo? Thank you!

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7669100

Comment

Hi! I just had this photo rejected in the queue for it being underexposed and the horizon being un-level. I won't argue that the photo is underexposed, but I am pretty sure it is level looking at the verticals in the picture. Before I go and submit an edited version of this, would you help me figure out how much and where the direction of rotation needs to be, if at all, to fix the horizon on this photo? Thank you!

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7669100
                    I agree with you, a bit underexposed, but the horizon looks acceptable.

Comment

Hi screeners,
                      I would like to submit these photos to the database but I would like your input to see if they are worthy/correctable before I actually hit upload. I appreciate your help! Hope you all are staying safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Name:	N13MS.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	940.2 KB
ID:	1085967

Name:	N771UA.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	518.0 KB
ID:	1085968

Name:	N778UA.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	830.1 KB
ID:	1085969

Name:	D-AIXI.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	599.2 KB
ID:	1085970

Name:	N45905.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	551.5 KB
ID:	1085971
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi screeners,
                        I would like to submit these photos to the database but I would like your input to see if they are worthy/correctable before I actually hit upload.
                        1. contrast
                        2. borderline dark/contrast
                        3. heat haze
                        4. borderline contrast
                        5. ok

Comment

Hi again! I have come back for a few more photos to be pre-screened. I would appreciate your help to know if these would be acceptable at all. Thank you!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I am not sure if my last post (#42) got through or not. I was hoping to get some pre-screening advice on five photos in my last post. I would greatly appreciate some input on whether these would be acceptable or not. Thank you very much!

Comment

Hi, I am not sure if my last post (#42) got through or not. I was hoping to get some pre-screening advice on five photos in my last post. I would greatly appreciate some input on whether these would be acceptable or not. Thank you very much!
                              All have issues with contrast/harsh light; first and last might be acceptable as they are, but the others would likely need adjustment before being accepted.

Comment

Hi again! If I could get these four photos pre-screened, I would greatly appreciate it!

Name:	N144PA.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	782.3 KB
ID:	1105965

I am also wanting to know more on how contrast and exposure is assessed when screening photos. This was my second attempt at submitting this photo. The first time, I was rejected for "over processed, underexposed, and contrast. When I appealed, my request was denied because the contrast was too harsh. I was told to "ignore the overexposed/dark rejection, [because] it was from a screener in training." I went back to reduce the contrast and took the screener's word to ignore the exposure. As you can see on my second attempt, I was rejected for the same reasons.
                                I have been successful at keeping most of the humps in the center of slightly right of center in the histogram when uploading to the database. From previous attempts at similar photos with dark back drops and late afternoon lighting, the histogram of this photo looks similarly spread out compared to some of my accepted photos. I understand each screener has different eye, but what am I missing when evaluating the exposure and contrast of my photos.

I was on a long streak of getting photos accepted and today and was especially surprised to see these two rejections. I am not blaming the screeners for "striking me out," but I just want to learn from my mistakes.

Thank you!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X