Hot photo query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot photo query

Would having the wheel spats permanently removed on a Cessna count as a hot photo?

Originally posted by NZDN_spotting View Post
    Would having the wheel spats permanently removed on a Cessna count as a hot photo?
    a) technically yes, any permanent change to equipment counts as hot
    b) is it abundantly clear this is permanent and not just temporary change?
    c) even if the answer is the former, do you really need to take advantage of the system to have your photo skip the queue? Is there some pressing need to to have this newer image displayed that can't wait the ~ 9 days it would otherwise take?

The hot system was created to get the latest liveries/newest aircraft for commercial fleets, but was made to include private aircraft for simplicity's sake even though there is no real demand for the most up to date images of such aircraft. You can submit it as hot if you still feel the need, but try to consider your other photographers who have images already waiting in the queue.

Comment

I'll leave it in the main queue. However, in the past a hot photo of a C-130 which had just been upgraded to the 8 blade props was called not hot by a screener and a head screener when I appealed it. I thought that that would be a far more important change than the spats.

Comment

Originally posted by NZDN_spotting View Post
        I'll leave it in the main queue. However, in the past a hot photo of a C-130 which had just been upgraded to the 8 blade props was called not hot by a screener and a head screener when I appealed it. I thought that that would be a far more important change than the spats.
        Can you really tell the difference between 4 & 8 blades when it's flying? I'd think not as easily as you can between spats and no spats.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
          Can you really tell the difference between 4 & 8 blades when it's flying? I'd think not as easily as you can between spats and no spats.
          The aircraft was shut down on the ground, they have a very different look and sound

Comment

Working...
          X