Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Pre-screening please

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBison View Post
    Hello, please pre-screen this photo, thank you!!
    Attachment 24066

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Hi, I am not a screener, so wait for official word.

I am pretty sure your photo will be rejected for soft, horizon, and maybe contrast/exposure too.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not sure why this showed up in my new posts feed, apparently the last post was more than a week ago.

Hello,
    I've been working on my photography skills recently, and I've been learning a lot. Thanks to everyone who's helped me along the way!
    Please pre-screen these photos, thank you!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1416-2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	360.5 KB 
ID:	24597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1910-4.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	230.7 KB 
ID:	24598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1827.jpg 
Size:	347.0 KB 
ID:	24599

Thanks,
    Andrew

Hello,
    I've been working on my photography skills recently, and I've been learning a lot. Thanks to everyone who's helped me along the way!
    Please pre-screen these photos, thank you!!

Name:	IMG_1416-2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	360.5 KB 
ID:	24597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1910-4.jpg 
Size:	230.7 KB 
ID:	24598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1827.jpg 
Size:	347.0 KB 
ID:	24599

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Hi. As usual, obligatory disclaimer that I'm not a screener.

I think your photos are looking better than before in terms of sharpness, crop, and horizon. But on numbers 1 and 2, you may get flagged for contrast and on all three it looks like they may be backlit.

Wait and see if an official screener replies, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jvdl View Post
    Hi. As usual, obligatory disclaimer that I'm not a screener.

I think your photos are looking better than before in terms of sharpness, crop, and horizon. But on numbers 1 and 2, you may get flagged for contrast and on all three it looks like they may be backlit.

Wait and see if an official screener replies, though.
    Hello, yes I know.

Thanks for taking a look! I knew the lighting was a bit harsh, especially on 1 and 2, but I thought they might've still had a chance.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Hello, yes I know.

Thanks for taking a look! I knew the lighting was a bit harsh, especially on 1 and 2, but I thought they might've still had a chance.

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Please take a look at the upload guidelines here: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ES-New-version

Pay special attention to points 5.1 (backlit) and 5.2 (contrast). Backlit photos was something I really struggled with initially.

Again, I don't have the expert eyes of a screener, it's just something that I suspect you may get flagged on. It's your choice to queue them up or not.

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Unfortunately Andrew doesn't seem to want to follow the spirit of the Feedback Forum, so he might not be getting too many replies from the crew.

Andrew, even after you private messaged me yesterday promising you would listen to our requests about using the forum from now on, just a few hours later you would go a disregard another.

On the Suggestions when asking for editing advice page, which you have been asked to read multiple times, we clearly ask that you come to the forum for advice before appealing, to see if an appeal is actually called for.

Still, you immediately appealed the rejection of your Kalitta 747 yesterday, despite again, 1) our request that you ask for help in the forum before appealing, and 2) at least one of the rejection reasons being objective, i.e. something that can't be overturned on appeal. If you had posted here asking advice first, you would have saved all parties involved time, and you may have actually gotten a response from the crew again. Now, I just don't really see that happening, at least from me.

Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Unfortunately Andrew doesn't seem to want to follow the spirit of the Feedback Forum, so he might not be getting too many replies from the crew.

Andrew, even after you private messaged me yesterday promising you would listen to our requests about using the forum from now on, just a few hours later you would go a disregard another.

On the Suggestions when asking for editing advice page, which you have been asked to read multiple times, we clearly ask that you come to the forum for advice before appealing, to see if an appeal is actually called for.

Still, you immediately appealed the rejection of your Kalitta 747 yesterday, despite again, 1) our request that you ask for help in the forum before appealing, and 2) at least one of the rejection reasons being objective, i.e. something that can't be overturned on appeal. If you had posted here asking advice first, you would have saved all parties involved time, and you may have actually gotten a response from the crew again. Now, I just don't really see that happening, at least from me.
    Hello, I'm not arguing with what you're saying, however, I never asked about the Kalitta 747 in the forum because I wasn't expecting to receive a reply from a screener, particularly you..

Thanks,
    Andrew

I wasn't expecting to receive a reply from a screener, particularly you..
    Andrew, snide remarks will get you nowhere. You will really benefit a lot from the screeners' expertise. They're not being vindictive.

Try to follow this workflow for your photos.

Name:	JP.jpg 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	24622

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Hello, I'm not arguing with what you're saying, however, I never asked about the Kalitta 747 in the forum because I wasn't expecting to receive a reply from a screener, particularly you..

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Point is, you didn't even bother trying because you thought you were right. If you had checked the rejection reasons thoroughly before appealing (or asked here - anyone, not just me - could have told you the same), you would have seen there was no chance at acceptance as your image is well below the minimum accepted size ratio, something that no appeal would have ever overturned. Anyway, my point about you only seeking advice when it suits you, and disregarding it when it doesn't has only been reinforced.

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Andrew, snide remarks will get you nowhere. You will really benefit a lot from the screeners' expertise. They're not being vindictive.

Nice chart, though I would amend it around the rejection/appeal stage - 'Accepted by screeners? -> No -> Check in forum if rejection was justified...'

Asking your friends other photographers is nice, but they won't be the ones handling the appeals. In my experience only about 10-20% of appeals are accepted, so the chances are the rejection was justified, and it would be best to find that out before appealing - thus our request to use the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Nice chart, though I would amend it around the rejection/appeal stage - 'Accepted by screeners? -> No -> Check in forum if rejection was justified...'
    I didn't bother, because in the majority of cases (especially for beginners, like myself and Andrew) appeals are not upheld, nor justified.

Nice chart, thanks for sharing!

Thanks,
    Andrew

Nice chart, thanks for sharing!
    Follow it and heed the advice of the screeners.

Hello,
    Please pre-screen these three photos, thank you!

Name:	IMG_0940.CR2-2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	322.2 KB 
ID:	24677Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1722.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	315.5 KB 
ID:	24678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2039.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	24679

BTW, the spots on the bottom of the photo on #3 is part of a fence, that I tried my best to crop out..

Thanks,
    Andrew

Hello,
    Please pre-screen these three photos, thank you!

Name:	IMG_0940.CR2-2.jpg 
Size:	322.2 KB 
ID:	24677Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1722.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	315.5 KB 
ID:	24678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2039.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	24679

BTW, the spots on the bottom of the photo on #3 is part of a fence, that I tried my best to crop out..

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Hi Andrew. Again, not a screener and not an expert either, but here goes.

1) The aircraft looks a little soft towards the nose for me. You could try to use a narrower aperture (f/8 or f/9 maybe) in future to get more of it in focus. Your aspect ratio on this one is not correct. Your photo is 1280 x 725, and it should be 1280 x 720 to make it a 16:9 ratio.

2) Aspect ratio: it's not 16:9, so it won't be acceptable as far as I'm aware. Your photo is too wide, with not enough height. You should be able to tell Lightroom to crop to a specific, standard aspect ratio. May need a very slight CCW rotation when looking at the verticals and a screener would need to judge the lighting and contrast. I think it's decent in terms of sharpness, though.

3) Same issue with the non-standard aspect ratio. It's not 16:9, 3:2, or 4:3. It's too wide and "squashed". There is a lot more space on the right than the left, so the crop needs work. Some softness towards the tail, and maybe a bit of chromatic aberration / colour fringing? Lighting and contrast should be judged by a screener.

Hi Andrew. Again, not a screener and not an expert either, but here goes.

1) The aircraft looks a little soft towards the nose for me. You could try to use a narrower aperture (f/8 or f/9 maybe) in future to get more of it in focus. Your aspect ratio on this one is not correct. Your photo is 1280 x 725, and it should be 1280 x 720 to make it a 16:9 ratio.

2) Aspect ratio: it's not 16:9, so it won't be acceptable as far as I'm aware. Your photo is too wide, with not enough height. You should be able to tell Lightroom to crop to a specific, standard aspect ratio. May need a very slight CCW rotation when looking at the verticals and a screener would need to judge the lighting and contrast. I think it's decent in terms of sharpness, though.

3) Same issue with the non-standard aspect ratio. It's not 16:9, 3:2, or 4:3. It's too wide and "squashed". There is a lot more space on the right than the left, so the crop needs work. Some softness towards the tail, and maybe a bit of chromatic aberration / colour fringing? Lighting and contrast should be judged by a screener.
    Hello, this photo was rejected for:
    Photo cropping/edges/Size ratio
    But I don't understand how, becuase in Lightroom, I set it to a 16:10 ratio when the file is downsized to 1280 pixels.
    I'm posting to see whether or not I should appeal, or if I can fix it, and re-submit it?

Name:	IMG_1138-3.jpg 
Size:	403.4 KB 
ID:	24725
    UPDATE: I releazied that the ratio was messed up in Lightroom, and I didn't know that it didn't make the photo at the correct ratio. I just re-submitted the photo with a 16:10 ratio. Thank you!

HERE'S THE NEW AND IMPROVED ONE WITH A 16:10 RATIO: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1138-4.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	450.8 KB 
ID:	24726

Thanks,
    Andrew

Hello, this photo was rejected for:
    HERE'S THE NEW AND IMPROVED ONE WITH A 16:10 RATIO
    Please read the upload guidelines.

You clearly have not read them as it lists 3 acceptable ratios and 16:10 is not one of them. Do not skim the guidelines - set aside 30 minutes of your day and work through them like you would for a textbook.

You can choose to keep ignoring the guidelines, but at some point the screeners are just going to limit your upload queue to 1 photo every 2 weeks.

Please read the upload guidelines.

You clearly have not read them as it lists 3 acceptable ratios and 16:10 is not one of them. Do not skim the guidelines - set aside 30 minutes of your day and work through them like you would for a textbook.

You can choose to keep ignoring the guidelines, but at some point the screeners are just going to limit your upload queue to 1 photo every 2 weeks.
    Oh, OK. Thank you! I deleted the photo, and made it a 4:3 ratio, and then re-submitted the photo. Thank you!

Thanks,
    Andrew

Oh, OK. Thank you! I deleted the photo, and made it a 4:3 ratio, and then re-submitted the photo. Thank you!

Thanks,
    Andrew
    You may have way too much empty space and foreground clutter with that ratio. Why not crop to 16:9?

You may have way too much empty space and foreground clutter with that ratio. Why not crop to 16:9?
    Good point, deleted and re-uploaded with a 16:9 ratio. Thank you!

Thanks,
    Andrew