No announcement yet.

Breaking news: Ethiopian Airlines flight has crashed on way to Nairobi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump orders 737 MAX to be grounded: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47562727

Comment

• Trump just announced grounding of the 737 max fleet in US.

Comment

• I am fed up of "we have evidence", "there is new information", "new data suggests that"...

Why sin't anybody saying clearly this, this, and that suggest that this incident can be related to MCAS?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by pierpp View Post
          Trump orders 737 MAX to be grounded: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47562727
          So it's official: a 13 years old kid typing on his keyboard "this plane felt down for the same reason of previous one" is enough to cause billions dollar of consequences.
          It's terrifying.
          We are doomed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
            I am fed up of "we have evidence", "there is new information", "new data suggests that"...

Why sin't anybody saying clearly this, this, and that suggest that this incident can be related to MCAS?
            Just because nobody knows anything, but everybody is typing.

Comment

• I really hope the real root cause will be different from MCAS and that Boeing will sue every single person in the world which typed it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                Evan, please keep this into mind:

You WILL SEE AND HEAR the trim wheel spinning. You cannot miss that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pPRuFHR1co
                This is a 737 classic Gabe.

Comment

• Originally posted by jumpjack View Post
                  I really hope the real root cause will be different from MCAS and that Boeing will sue every single person in the world which typed it is.
                  So you think there is no virtue in erring on the side of caution when people's lives are at stake? I think there is and I also think in that respect we have come a long way since Comets broke up in flight, DC-10s lost cargo doors and engines, or Lockheed Electra wings fluttered beyond the breaking point...

Comment

• Originally posted by jumpjack View Post
                    I really hope the real root cause will be different from MCAS and that Boeing will sue every single person in the world which typed it is.
                    The world would be doomed if you ran it.

Comment

• I just read (or heard on TV) that Germany can't review the Max black boxes because they are a new type and they do not have read-out equipment.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                        I know, but the trim wheels are the same in the NG and MAX. It was to illustrate how conspicuous the look and noise of the wheels is when spinning.

Let me find you another video with the NG and the MAX.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
                          I just read (or heard on TV) that Germany can't review the Max black boxes because they are a new type and they do not have read-out equipment.
                          My understanding is that although the airline has indicated possible review locations are the UK, France or Germany, the Ethiopian authorities are on record as stating they want the boxes to go to the UK. Apparently "to ensure that U.S. experts won’t have undue influence in the probe of the American-made plane".

U.S. authorities are eager to help, but Ethiopian officials want to avoid any appearance of undue influence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                            The NTSB is an independent agency that is not linked to the FAA (besides also being a U.S. government agency).
                            Am very well aware of that, Peter, but the NTSB is also only in a position to make recommendations, which may or may not be accepted by the FAA. The latter agency takes action and makes the decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                              You just described EVERY US airline. thank you.
                              Not remotely. I hold no brief for US carriers, but I think you have to make a distinction between business/economic priorities and safety culture. In the latter arena the US is second to none.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                                JustPlanes in the Cockpit of the Aeromexico Boeing 737MAX (XA-MAK) operating flight AM902 from Mexico City to Monterrey.During the final approach you will se...

Look immediately before and after the go-around (I would say from 1:50 on)

Comment

Working...
                                X