Riojako - Prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by riojako View Post
    would this be acceptable for a 1600px image? As far as processing, sharpness and exposure? [ATTACH=CONFIG]25618[/ATTACH]
    Sharpness ok, but obstruction on the nose wheel, and looks like some kind of filter was added to the sky.

Comment

• I noticed the taxi light there, but I used a gradient on the sky. It does not produce any halos but would it still be a overprocessed rejection if I applied something like that to any of my other photos?

Comment

I noticed the taxi light there, but I used a gradient on the sky. It does not produce any halos but would it still be a overprocessed rejection if I applied something like that to any of my other photos?
        Definitely yes!
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I noticed the taxi light there, but I used a gradient on the sky. It does not produce any halos but would it still be a overprocessed rejection if I applied something like that to any of my other photos?
          Gradient filters are considered manipulation/overprocessing, and will not only result in a rejection, but possibly a warning on your account as well.

Comment

• I have removed all photos with gradients from the queue and I have re-edited them. Is this just too soft for a 1600px image?Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska 1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	750.0 KB
ID:	1040214

Comment

I have removed all photos with gradients from the queue and I have re-edited them. Is this just too soft for a 1600px image?[ATTACH=CONFIG]25644[/ATTACH]
              Sharpeness should be ok.

Comment

• Is the centering acceptable here? Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4527.jpg
Size:	713.3 KB
ID:	1040310

Comment

Is the centering acceptable here? [ATTACH=CONFIG]25746[/ATTACH]
                  Looks a bit high.

Comment

• Dana,

What are the minimum acceptable dimensions for a 1600px image?

Comment

Dana,

What are the minimum acceptable dimensions for a 1600px image?
                      900-1200 (16:9 - 4:3)

Comment

• Is this photo acceptable for a night shot? Please Pre-screen it. I shot it wide open at 1.8 with a 35mm prime lens. Also, there seems to be some weird "fringing" around the nose gear for some reason. Click image for larger version

Name:	166847 JP.jpg
Size:	506.9 KB
ID:	1040475

Comment

Is this photo acceptable for a night shot? Please Pre-screen it. I shot it wide open at 1.8 with a 35mm prime lens. Also, there seems to be some weird "fringing" around the nose gear for some reason. [ATTACH=CONFIG]25933[/ATTACH]
                          Image would be rejected for underexposed.

Comment

• Dana,

Is Jetphotos hiring by any chance? If so I'd be interested in working for you guys.

Please let me know.

Benji Gordon

Comment

Dana,

Is Jetphotos hiring by any chance? If so I'd be interested in working for you guys.

Please let me know.

Benji Gordon
                              If only we were paid

If you meant you were interested in joining the screening team, we'll always accept any new applications, keeping in mind:

1. we're not actively looking to add to the team at the moment
                              2. new applicants should generally have at least 500 images accepted on the DB with an acceptance rate of around 80% (or better) to be considered seriously

If you think you'd still like to apply, you can send an email to admin explaining why, with a link to your profile/stats.

Comment

• I'll keep that in mind. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X