Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 206

Thread: Riojako - Prescreening request / editing advice

  1. #161
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    109

    Default

    I'll give it a try. Thanks so much for all your help. It's always appreciated.

  2. #162
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Dana,

    I've spent some time trying to get this one right. The rotors are obviously cut off and I'm a little unsure about the contrast. How does it look to you?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2536-2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	532.4 KB 
ID:	25258

  3. #163
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riojako View Post
    Dana,

    I've spent some time trying to get this one right. The rotors are obviously cut off and I'm a little unsure about the contrast. How does it look to you?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2536-2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	532.4 KB 
ID:	25258
    Crop is fine. Contrast borderline acceptable.

  4. #164
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Just a quick question for you, what editing software do you use?

  5. #165
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riojako View Post
    Just a quick question for you, what editing software do you use?
    Myself? Photoshop.

  6. #166
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Is this just too dark and not acceptable?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC3648.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	385.2 KB 
ID:	25358

  7. #167
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riojako View Post
    Is this just too dark and not acceptable?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC3648.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	385.2 KB 
ID:	25358
    Dirty, borderline overprocessed/color.

  8. #168
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Hows this for color/processing?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC3648-3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	352.2 KB 
ID:	25366

  9. #169
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riojako View Post
    Hows this for color/processing?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC3648-3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	352.2 KB 
ID:	25366
    Color fine and don't see any halos.

  10. #170
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Does this need contrast?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC3129.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	331.9 KB 
ID:	25398

  11. #171
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riojako View Post
    Does this need contrast?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC3129.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	331.9 KB 
ID:	25398
    Wouldn't hurt to add a bit.

  12. #172
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    109

    Default

    In your honest opinion, would this be a contrast rejection?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-AIXD JP.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	344.4 KB 
ID:	25518

  13. #173
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riojako View Post
    In your honest opinion, would this be a contrast rejection?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-AIXD JP.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	344.4 KB 
ID:	25518
    Yes.

  14. #174
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    109

    Default

    What could I do to improve it? I've tried a number of things and I just can't seem to nail it.

  15. #175
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riojako View Post
    What could I do to improve it? I've tried a number of things and I just can't seem to nail it.
    Contrast is very washed out (among other issues). To start with, you'd need to really strengthen the darker tones.

  16. #176
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    109

    Default

    This is most definitely an improvement, but I cant tell if there are any halos though. Let me know what you think. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-AIXD JP.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	574.1 KB 
ID:	25522

  17. #177
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riojako View Post
    This is most definitely an improvement, but I cant tell if there are any halos though. Let me know what you think. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-AIXD JP.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	574.1 KB 
ID:	25522
    Contrast is improved yes, and halos are not an issue, though as I said, there appear to be other problems as well. Aircraft actually appears a bit blurry to me.

  18. #178
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    109

    Default

    I tried using smart sharpen on photoshop and I exported this as a JPG @1279px in bicubic sharper. Is there any improvement?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-AIXD 2 JP.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	608.2 KB 
ID:	25528

  19. #179
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riojako View Post
    I tried using smart sharpen on photoshop and I exported this as a JPG @1279px in bicubic sharper. Is there any improvement?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-AIXD 2 JP.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	608.2 KB 
ID:	25528
    No, since unlike softness, you can't really fix blurry with more sharpening.

  20. #180
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    109

    Default

    would this be acceptable for a 1600px image? As far as processing, sharpness and exposure? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N493AS 1600.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	25618

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •