Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescreening request - Ben Long

Hi all,
    So I've been having trouble with a photo lately.
    First of all I'll start of by asking if anyone knows why a L-39 doesn't count as "warbird/vintage". The aircraft's production started before 1970 and the aircraft that I was uploading is an ex-military aircraft now under a civilian registration. These are both criteria that an aircraft needs to meet to be Warbird/Vintage. However my most recent upload of this photo was rejected for being put in this category. It makes no sense to me but I'm sure some one can help explain it to me as I'm rather confused

Anyhow, I've uploaded this image twice now and has both times been rejected for being "dark/underexposed"
    On the most recent upload attempt the screener stated that the shot needed more highlights, thus I have adjusted the histogram to show that.
    I would love to know if any of the screeners on here would believe that this shot (most recent edit after rejections) will be accepted. I don't want to mess this one up as it's a new rego and my final queue slot (I have 9 photos accepted on the db so I'm hoping to get to 10 to get 20 upload slots).
    Image attached below.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	L-39.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	1045949

Originally posted by Ben Long View Post
    Hi all,
    So I've been having trouble with a photo lately.
    First of all I'll start of by asking if anyone knows why a L-39 doesn't count as "warbird/vintage". The aircraft's production started before 1970 and the aircraft that I was uploading is an ex-military aircraft now under a civilian registration. These are both criteria that an aircraft needs to meet to be Warbird/Vintage. However my most recent upload of this photo was rejected for being put in this category. It makes no sense to me but I'm sure some one can help explain it to me as I'm rather confused

Anyhow, I've uploaded this image twice now and has both times been rejected for being "dark/underexposed"
    On the most recent upload attempt the screener stated that the shot needed more highlights, thus I have adjusted the histogram to show that.
    I would love to know if any of the screeners on here would believe that this shot (most recent edit after rejections) will be accepted. I don't want to mess this one up as it's a new rego and my final queue slot (I have 9 photos accepted on the db so I'm hoping to get to 10 to get 20 upload slots).
    Image attached below.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]22677[/ATTACH]
    The L-39 has been built until 1999. That's why it is not vintage or warbird.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Understood.
      Any thoughts on the image?

Comment

Pre-screening request

Hi all,

Attached is an image that has twice been rejected for being "dark/underexposed"
        The most recent time it was rejected the screener suggested that I added more highlights.
        I have tried to properly expose/brighten the image and have attached it below. Do you think it will be accepted, if not what are some possible rejection reasons?
        I do want to try and get this image accepted as it is my final queue slot and my last photo until I get 20 queue slots (it will be my 10th shot on the db).
        Thank you.

Regards,
        Ben Long
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi all,

Attached is an image that has twice been rejected for being "dark/underexposed"
          The most recent time it was rejected the screener suggested that I added more highlights.
          I have tried to properly expose/brighten the image and have attached it below. Do you think it will be accepted, if not what are some possible rejection reasons?
          I do want to try and get this image accepted as it is my final queue slot and my last photo until I get 20 queue slots (it will be my 10th shot on the db).
          Thank you.

Regards,
          Ben Long
          Still a bit dark, but would be acceptable for me.

Comment

Prescreening request - Ben Long

Hi all,
            I've collated some of my photos from my travels over the years (Frankfurt, Zurich, Berlin, etc), re-edited them and was looking to try and get some of them on JP.
            If I could have your thoughts on whether they will be successful, that would be awesome!

Name:	777.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,008.7 KB
ID:	1033780Click image for larger version

Name:	A320.jpg
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1033781Click image for larger version

Name:	A320 2.jpg
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	1033782Click image for larger version

Name:	A320 3.jpg
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1033783Click image for larger version

Name:	A320 4.jpg
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1033784

Cheers,
            Ben Long

Comment

Hi all,
              I've collated some of my photos from my travels over the years (Frankfurt, Zurich, Berlin, etc), re-edited them and was looking to try and get some of them on JP.
              If I could have your thoughts on whether they will be successful, that would be awesome!
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]22810[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22811[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22812[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22813[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22814[/ATTACH]

Cheers,
              Ben Long
              1, 3, 4: look OK
              2 looks slightly leaning to the right, judging by the post in the background
              5 is a wee bit soft and lacks a wee bit contrast

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                1, 3, 4: look OK
                2 looks slightly leaning to the right, judging by the post in the background
                5 is a wee bit soft and lacks a wee bit contrast
                Thanks for that.
                I've attached the "corrected" version of images 2 and 5, would love to know if they would get accepted. Cheers! Click image for larger version

Name:	A320.jpg
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1033812 Click image for larger version

Name:	A320 4.jpg
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	1033813

Comment

Thanks for that.
                  I've attached the "corrected" version of images 2 and 5, would love to know if they would get accepted. Cheers! [ATTACH=CONFIG]22844[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]22845[/ATTACH]
                  Both borderline soft, but would be ok for me.

Comment

Pre-screening request

Hi all,
                    I've found a few more photos from Europe and would love your opinion on whether they would get accepted!

Name:	A320 5.jpg
Size:	637.4 KB
ID:	1033817Click image for larger version

Name:	F18.jpg
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1033818
                    I've tried my best to keep them at Jetphotos-standards, but if there are any issues that may result in a rejection I'd love to know to improve my editing style!
                    Cheers,
                    Ben Long

Comment

Hi all,
                      I've found a few more photos from Europe and would love your opinion on whether they would get accepted!
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]22849[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22850[/ATTACH]
                      I've tried my best to keep them at Jetphotos-standards, but if there are any issues that may result in a rejection I'd love to know to improve my editing style!
                      Cheers,
                      Ben Long
                      I merged your two pre-screening threads. Please always the same topic, thanks.

Comment

My apologies. I'm still new around here...
                        Any thoughts on the images?

Comment

The BA looks acceptable - Light on the F/A-18C is too dark and dull. Meiringen in winter is an issue as the light is completely hidden on the base during 10 weeks or so...

Regards
                          Alex

Comment

Yeah, it sure is. I'm keen to return to Meiringen in some better light one day since it's a truly amazing airbase. Anyway, cheers for your help.

Comment

Pre-screening resuest - Ben Long

Hi all, I had a great flight recently with Virgin Australia between OOL-ADL and got a few quick pics, and were wondering if you think they would get accepted into the Jetphotos database. Thanks!Regards,Ben Long
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X