Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French registration confusion

Bonjour,

I upped F-JSWM shot and got a rejection for similar which was a screeners misperception I think: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=7183481 is similar to which image?

And it said bad info. Just because someone changes the rego to this weird french ultralight airport codes. I uploaded the previous shot under F-JSWM and got it in, google still remembers. Some one changed it and now I get a rejection ��

Whats the policy here, Jetphotos? i have plenty of other shots of french UL with their rego F- in the database but zero with this strange code thingy...

My appeal was rejected and the reject note says „left a note“ which he did in the wrong field which does not come through in the e-mail.

So, dear Admins, could you please define a strategy whether it should be the registration F-JSWM or not, make sure others just take the rego out if it were correct and please also tell me about the comment which came not through. Thanks for adopting a clear strategy and letting me and other know.

Cheers!
    Last edited by bleuair; 2019-03-23, 16:05. Reason: Link

Registration is clearly 05-NJ and the similar image is this one.. https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8916495
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thank you Brian for your response.

I asked for a strategy on french UL registrations.

So what you claim being the reg is a code for the airport where the aircraft has its registered homebase. And all just because someone changed the reg on the image I uploaded before with the registration.

And the similar rule applies for the same location, not for different locations, I guess this is also something JP needs to clarify quickly. I had this case before and your answer is very unsatisfying as it is likely wrong. Brian, if you spot M-YBUS sideon in London and in Phuket, do you really get one shot rejected for similar? I doubt.

So please I ask for official answers on my questions, thanks.
      Last edited by bleuair; 2019-03-23, 18:08. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by bleuair View Post
        Thank you Brian for your response.

I asked for a strategy on french UL registrations.

So what you claim being the reg is a code for the airport where the aircraft has its registered homebase. And all just because someone changed the reg on the image I uploaded before with the registration.

And the similar rule applies for the same location, not for different locations, I guess this is also something JP needs to clarify quickly. I had this case before and your answer is very unsatisfying as it is likely wrong. Brian, if you spot M-YBUS sideon in London and in Phuket, do you really get one shot rejected for similar? I doubt.

So please I ask for official answers on my questions, thanks.
        Upload guidelines, chapter 2.6 (https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ES-New-version)
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

these are 2 different location so there's absolutely no way those 2 shots are similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
            these are 2 different location so there's absolutely no way those 2 shots are similar.
            You beat me to it Alex. I didn’t notice that the location is different.

As for the registration I found this on PPrune....

as previously said, the 11-XX code is composed of
            11 : Two numbers of the "department" (used right now for cars, but cars registration will change by April 15)
            You can find the list on this webpage Departments of France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departments_of_France)

XX : Two letters

This is the real registration of the aircraft

Some ULM's are equipped with a radio. In this case, they are assigned a callsign like airplanes which are F-J??? (F for french and J is the letter for ultralights, as G and H are used for Civilan Aircrafts and M are used for military aircrafts)
            This callsign is assigned to the radio equipment and none to the pilot or the ultralight. If the radio equipment is switched to another aircraft, the callsign will follow the equipment.
            There is some trouble about the legislation, but the french administration say that this callsign should not be printed on the aircraft itself (but it is seen on some ultralights radio equipped).

Comment

Thanks Brian, we're getting there.

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
              the real registration of the aircraft
              While I agree with what you came up with, it's also about terminology.
              There's no "registration" at all in France.
              • F-GXYZ is called "immatriculation".
              • 00-XY is called "identification" and refers to the homebase of the aircraft. I did and do question its uniqueness regarding the mathematical maximum of 676 combinations...
              • F-JXYZ is called "radio call identifier" only applying to aircraft equipped with radios.

JP has accepted the radio call identifier on other instances on my uploads. Hence I uploaded as I did before (even the same aircraft, which someone changed afterwards), but now got a rejection for this. If there is a strict policy - and that's really what I'm looking for - it should be IMHO always the identification, and JP should reject ALL images with just a radio identifier F-J***, or accept the identifier only if visible on the airframe, or any other policy to their discretion.

I have contacted Frence Civil Aviation Authority to get clarification on this issue, especially if a) 00-XY is individual per airframe and if b) F-J*** of one airframe changes if the radio equipment changes. Will report back and help you guys getting a proper information base on this. (y)

Comment

The French word “Immatriculation” translates into English as “Registration”.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                  The French word “Immatriculation” translates into English as “Registration”.
                  Thank you Brian, 100 points, of course it does. Only that we're not talking of the F-GWTF aka Immatriculation aka Registration but on the Identification aka 00-WB.

And I forgot to say/repeat/emphasize, I'm not looking to establish what is what.
                  I ask JP to adopt a strategy.
                  Either use the Identification of the aircraft's homebase or it's radio call sign.
                  But please NOT both at the same time without proper user guidance.

However, eventually, I'm also happy if JP officials tell me, no, we don't have clear guidance for our dear site users here, no worries
                  Last edited by bleuair; 2019-03-24, 22:26. Reason: clarification on the topic's purpose

Comment

Working...
                  X