Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Histograms

Hey everybody...
    I have a question... I have noticed that the histograms here on jetphotos.net (namely those made available with rejected photos) look different from the ones I get for the same photo on my Photoshop Elements. Can anybody help me out there and maybe explain what causes these differences?
    Thanks in advance for your help...

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
    Hey everybody...
    I have a question... I have noticed that the histograms here on jetphotos.net (namely those made available with rejected photos) look different from the ones I get for the same photo on my Photoshop Elements. Can anybody help me out there and maybe explain what causes these differences?
    Thanks in advance for your help...
    I can't help you but I can add that the JP.net histograms also look different than the ones in GIMP and RawTherapee. I'm referring to luminosity histograms across all three.

Alex

Comment

I've noticed that too. It could be that the histogram in your editing software is not showing one of the color channels. I'm not certain on this but it's a possibility.

Comment

I don't think there's much of a difference when using luminosity histogram in both platforms, either Photoshop or the JP tools.

HAN HPH VII VDH HUI DAD UIH CXR DLI SGN PQC KUL KCH SIN BKK CNX PNH RGN MNL CEB HKG CAN PEK NKG HGH NNG PVG WUH ICN GMP PUS CJU TPE NRT HND ITM
        B78X - B789 - B788 - B77W - B773 - B772 - B744 - B739 - B738 - B737 - A388 - A359 - A333 - A332 - A321 - A21N - A320 - A20N - A319 - E190

Comment

If you're using Lightroom or Photoshop and Editing a RAW file, drag the Saturation slider to -100, that will make the histogram look like the one on JetPhotos.
          View me on JetPhotos

Comment

Working...
          X