Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DominicHall View Post
    Good Evening,

I have another few I'd be grateful if you'd pre-screen. Im generally concerned about softness in them and contrast also with the Virgin Atlantic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28301[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28302[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28303[/ATTACH]

Many Thanks
    Maybe a touch soft on the first two, but would be ok for me. Contrast would be ok for me as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Maybe a touch soft on the first two, but would be ok for me. Contrast would be ok for me as well.
      Thank you

Comment

• Good Afternoon,

would be grateful if these could be pre-screened

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3939.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	474.1 KB
ID:	1042595
        Thinking this one is possibly soft, especailly around the tail and the left hand wing tip. Maybe a little dark as well.

Name:	IMG_3390.jpg
Size:	510.8 KB
ID:	1042596
        Exposure aound the area rear of the rear door is concerning me

Name:	IMG_3395.jpg
Size:	509.3 KB
ID:	1042597
        Colour and contrast with this one. This livery in particular causes me headaches.

Name:	IMG_3408.jpg
Size:	565.5 KB
ID:	1042598
        Softness around the nose

Name:	IMG_3425.jpg
Size:	557.7 KB
ID:	1042599
        Worried the bus roof in the corner might be cause for rejection? I think this one is ok otherwise.

Thanks

Comment

Good Afternoon,

would be grateful if these could be pre-screened

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28441[/ATTACH]
          Thinking this one is possibly soft, especailly around the tail and the left hand wing tip. Maybe a little dark as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28442[/ATTACH]
          Exposure aound the area rear of the rear door is concerning me

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28443[/ATTACH]
          Colour and contrast with this one. This livery in particular causes me headaches.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28444[/ATTACH]
          Softness around the nose

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28445[/ATTACH]
          Worried the bus roof in the corner might be cause for rejection? I think this one is ok otherwise.

Thanks
          1. soft, particularly right side
          2. ok
          3. borderline dark/contrast
          4. borderline soft
          5. ok

Comment

1. soft, particularly right side
            Thanks fot the advice, do you think this one is fixable, or a lost cause?

Comment

Thanks fot the advice, do you think this one is fixable, or a lost cause?
              Hard to say without seeing the original, but I certainly wouldn't be submitting it at 1600pix in any case.

Comment

Hard to say without seeing the original, but I certainly wouldn't be submitting it at 1600pix in any case.

Name:	IMG_3939(2).jpg
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1042631

Hi Dana, attached is the original image, all I have done to it is convert to .dng and rescale at 1600px so it can be posted here. Hopefully it's workable, if so I'll have a go with it at 1280px

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28484[/ATTACH]

Hi Dana, attached is the original image, all I have done to it is convert to .dng and rescale at 1600px so it can be posted here. Hopefully it's workable, if so I'll have a go with it at 1280px
                  That's 480pix, and would need to see the full-sized to know if it would be worth the effort.

Comment

That's 480pix, and would need to see the full-sized to know if it would be worth the effort.
                    Hmmm don't know what happened there, when I look at the file info it's definitely 1600. I don't seem to be able to upload the image at full size here, it just refuses to.

Any ideas how I can do it?

Comment

Hmmm don't know what happened there, when I look at the file info it's definitely 1600. I don't seem to be able to upload the image at full size here, it just refuses to.

Any ideas how I can do it?
                      Should be easy, just attach the full-res jpeg. Don't think you can post .tif/raw files.

Comment

Should be easy, just attach the full-res jpeg. Don't think you can post .tif/raw files.
                        Must have been having a moment, because not once did i think about converting to jpeg.

Hopefully this attachment works.

Size:	891.3 KB
ID:	1042669

I've also had an attempt at improving the other two, hopefully they are better.

Name:	IMG_3395.jpg
Size:	481.6 KB
ID:	1042670

Name:	IMG_3408.jpg
Size:	597.8 KB
ID:	1042671

Thanks

Comment

Must have been having a moment, because not once did i think about converting to jpeg.

Hopefully this attachment works.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]28526[/ATTACH]
                          Ok, yeah, so that's really soft, to the point of being nearly blurry towards the right edge - as I suspected. Honestly, if that had been mine, it would have been deleted from the card before I got home. I don't have a similar angle shot to compare directly, but I've taken one of my own shots, cropped it from full-res with no other editing, and placed it next to yours (inverted so the angle matches). Open it and view it at full-size, and hopefully you can see there is a significant difference in quality/sharpness between the two (especially towards the right side of the frame), which is why I personally wouldn't have even bothered with the BA 320 shot if it had been mine.

Size:	562.0 KB
ID:	1042676

Originally posted by DominicHall View Post
                          I've also had an attempt at improving the other two, hopefully they are better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28527[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28528[/ATTACH]

Thanks
                          First still borderline contrast for the shadow, but both would be ok for me.

Comment

Ok, yeah, so that's really soft, to the point of being nearly blurry towards the right edge - as I suspected. Honestly, if that had been mine, it would have been deleted from the card before I got home. I don't have a similar angle shot to compare directly, but I've taken one of my own shots, cropped it from full-res with no other editing, and placed it next to yours (inverted so the angle matches). Open it and view it at full-size, and hopefully you can see there is a significant difference in quality/sharpness between the two (especially towards the right side of the frame), which is why I personally wouldn't have even bothered with the BA 320 shot if it had been mine.
                            Thanks the advice, looking at it next to yours like that, it's like chalk and cheese the difference, and I totally see what you mean now.
                            I'm still very new to the photography game, not even been at it for a year yet, but I think I'm learning. I've had some accpeted images which have not been pre-screened so my eye must be getting there for what is acceptable.

Once again thanks for all of the advice given, I'm sure I'll be needing a lot more of it still.

Comment

• Good Evening,

Wondering if this shot would be acceptable?

Name:	IMG_5383.jpg
Size:	585.0 KB
ID:	1042711

Thanks

Comment

Good Evening,

Wondering if this shot would be acceptable?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28571[/ATTACH]

Thanks
                                Borderline for the awkward crop on the right side.

Comment

Working...
                                X