Pre-screening Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Evening,

Another one to cast your eyes over if you'd be so kind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6067.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	1034328

I know I seem to struggle on the contrast front, so hopefully this will at least be OK on that front.

Comment

Originally posted by DominicHall View Post
      Good Evening,

Another one to cast your eyes over if you'd be so kind.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23528[/ATTACH]

I know I seem to struggle on the contrast front, so hopefully this will at least be OK on that front.
      Blurry and soft.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
        Blurry and soft.
        Aah the dreaded softness strikes again. Can see the blurriness as well now. At least the contrast seems ok.

Any advice for the softness problem, either when shooting or editing? I never want to take it too far in lightroom for fear of making it too noisy.

Comment

Aah the dreaded softness strikes again. Can see the blurriness as well now. At least the contrast seems ok.

Any advice for the softness problem, either when shooting or editing? I never want to take it too far in lightroom for fear of making it too noisy.
          Better to fix sharpness issues before editing. In that case, for that image in particular, the blurriness is more of a factor than anything else; unsurprising as shooting at 1/125 at that focal length will usually tend towards blurry results.

Comment

I usually shoot at 1/250 for props, god knows what made me go lower today. Won't be doing that again!

I have an earlier shot that was taken with aperture priority rather than shutter, should be sharper. I've been staring at this screen for so long now I can't tell.

Name:	IMG_6041.jpg
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	1034330

Comment

I usually shoot at 1/250 for props, god knows what made me go lower today. Won't be doing that again!

I have an earlier shot that was taken with aperture priority rather than shutter, should be sharper. I've been staring at this screen for so long now I can't tell.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23530[/ATTACH]
              Though not quite as bad, this image is also soft (among other issues).

Comment

Hi all,

another one here, let's see if I'm learning from this feedback. Personally I think this will be rejected for soft (especially around the nose) and blurry. was shot with aperture priority so it must have used 1/125 shutter speed to compensate.

Name:	IMG_5998.jpg
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	1034343

Like I say, not one I intend on submitting, just looking to see if I am picking up on points.

Thanks

Comment

Hi all,

another one here, let's see if I'm learning from this feedback. Personally I think this will be rejected for soft (especially around the nose) and blurry. was shot with aperture priority so it must have used 1/125 shutter speed to compensate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23546[/ATTACH]

Like I say, not one I intend on submitting, just looking to see if I am picking up on points.

Thanks
                  Yes, this is soft. Also suffering from poor contrast and compression.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                    Yes, this is soft. Also suffering from poor contrast and compression.
                    Compression...When i export in lightroom I do so at 75%, is this too low?

Comment

Compression...When i export in lightroom I do so at 75%, is this too low?
                      Always save at the highest possible quality setting, in this case presumably 100%
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                        Always save at the highest possible quality setting, in this case presumably 100%
                        Makes sense, only reason I have not in the past was having read some articles about lightroom editing that said the difference between 75% and 100% would be a negligible difference in quality, but with the bonus of having a smaller file.

I'll ignore that going forward then.

Comment

Name:	IMG_5998.jpg
Size:	583.2 KB
ID:	1034361

Any improvement to be seen here? I've re-exported from the original to preserve quality and eliminate compression. Also added some additional contrast and sharpening.

Like you've suggested in the past, weather and light conditions were far from ideal, so I think you'll agree that if this is still below par then realistically it's the end of the line for this one.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23564[/ATTACH]

Any improvement to be seen here? I've re-exported from the original to preserve quality and eliminate compression. Also added some additional contrast and sharpening.

Like you've suggested in the past, weather and light conditions were far from ideal, so I think you'll agree that if this is still below par then realistically it's the end of the line for this one.
                            This would be rejected for soft and contrast. Probably best to move on.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I've got three here, but only looking to use one of them. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Name:	IMG_6319.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	640.9 KB
ID:	1034431

Name:	IMG_6320.jpg
Size:	632.2 KB
ID:	1034432

Name:	IMG_6321.jpg
Size:	624.0 KB
ID:	1034433

Thanks

Comment

Hi Guys,

I've got three here, but only looking to use one of them. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23643[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]23644[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]23645[/ATTACH]

Thanks
                                Please select one, otherwise a similar rejection would apply.

Comment

Working...
                                X