Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photo Database Problems

Dang, the photo that was mistaken as my photo is up again!

are you still having problems?? I uploaded a batch of photos last night and I am missing at least 2 pics (two of my favorites). they weren't rejected, but they werent posted either.. one is an Atlas Air B744 taken around dawn, and the other is a C185 from K2 aviation. where are they?? photos I submitted before/after them were posted or rejected, but these 2 arent in the d-base.. I just checked my management section and the ID# for them says that the photos do not exist in the database. what happened?????????

looks to me like there are more probs than just a backup issue

please find them -

#1 id#38263, filename PANC GTI B744F.jpg
    #2 id#38417, filename Z41 K2 Avn C185F.jpg

Default Frustration!

Well i speak for a friend actually.....He uploaded a ton of pics twice....i will not say his name but if you have been looking at pics you will know who i am talking about.....I think he was up or 100 that were lost twice.....now that i know what goes into just putting one pic on..... WoW that was a lot of time

Hope this doesn't happen again....

Grant

P.S. keep up the great work, i love the site!

I always save all of the submission status emails I receive and when I saw this

I'm sorry to say that the only way to recover your photos would be if you happen to have a list of Photo IDs matched with the photo's original filename. . . Chris
    I thought 'great, I can get my photos reinstated with views counts and won't have to re-upload each photo.'

Unfortunately, when I checked the emails I found that they only provided the Photo IDs that I had uploaded (A.Net's status emails provide only the original file name)

It would be nice if the submission status emails could provide BOTH the original file name and a Photo ID link. Not just as a just as a precaution against possible future losses such as those which have occurred recently but to enable photographers to better track the shots they have uploaded.

My first upload was just before the first crash and the second bomb only got 15 of mine, so while I was somewhat frustrated, I really did not have that much time invested and am slowly re-uploading the missing pics. I guess my main disappointment was in losing the 3,500 or so views counts that had accumulated before the second failure.

This is still a great site!

Nick Sharp

Chris,

I did as you recommended and sent an e mail on 4 March to your address with 30 photo IDs and matched file names. As yet no response.
    Did you get it or is it too soon to expect you to sort it with all the other problems?
    Should I start reuploading?

Great site, keep up the good work.

Ian Crean

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kilroy
    Mark,

I'm sorry to say that the only way to recover your photos would be if you happen to have a list of Photo IDs matched with the photo's original filename, which amazingly, one photographer did.

If you have that, we can recover your photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Deke
    Chris,

I did as you recommended and sent an e mail on 4 March to your address with 30 photo IDs and matched file names. As yet no response.
    Did you get it or is it too soon to expect you to sort it with all the other problems?
    Should I start reuploading?

Great site, keep up the good work.

Ian Crean

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kilroy
    Mark,

I'm sorry to say that the only way to recover your photos would be if you happen to have a list of Photo IDs matched with the photo's original filename, which amazingly, one photographer did.

If you have that, we can recover your photos.
    Deke .. email the list to me, [email protected]
    JetPhotos.Net Lead Programmer
    www.jetphotos.net/matt/