Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• undersharpened "soft"

Hello everybody, hello Jetphotos team,

i have a few questions about the rejection reason "soft" i edit my pictures with the "photoshop-elements-2018". I shoot in RAW mode and edit the image with the RAW-module in the "photoshop-elements". Sharpening of the image i take here too. The image is "Sharpness" 120% -150% and "Details" 80%.When resizing the image I choose the option "Bicubic-sharpening" (optimal for reduction).The pictures are partly accepted and partly rejected.
    Here are my questions:
    -Is this the right way to sharp the image?
    -What can I do better to avoid "soft"?
    -How do I know wan enough "sharpness" is present, or not?
    -How does the screener recognize the blurring in the image, here is an indicator for?

Thanks for your answers and or tips

Originally posted by Timberjack View Post

i have a few questions about the rejection reason "soft" i edit my pictures with the "photoshop-elements-2018". I shoot in RAW mode and edit the image with the RAW-module in the "photoshop-elements". Sharpening of the image i take here too. The image is "Sharpness" 120% -150% and "Details" 80%.When resizing the image I choose the option "Bicubic-sharpening" (optimal for reduction).The pictures are partly accepted and partly rejected.
    Here are my questions:
    -How does the screener recognize the blurring in the image, here is an indicator for?

There is no 'right way' to sharpen an image. Each image and set of conditions is different. You will find many different settings/steps being used by people, but what works someone may not work for someone else, or even for any given two images. Best way to avoid softness is to start with a sharp image, so that you don't need to rely on editing too much. As for recognizing it, generally best to look for anywhere there should be hard transition lines and see if there clear and distinct borders in those areas.

Comment

Couple of personal tips:
      1. try Using a standard canon 18-55mm lense for any JP pictures
      2. Canon teloscopic Lenses do not work well past 135mm

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyOne View Post
        Couple of personal tips:
        Could you explain what it means to use an 18-55? I guess you are referring to very close or very large aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Timberjack View Post

Here are my questions:

As Dana says unfortunately post-production is an art, and like all art, everyone interprets it in his own way.
          I, for example, use the "sharpness" function in Adobe camera RAW filter, with a factor of 75-85, a radius of 1.3 - 1.4. this never gave me problems (except photos that were soft originally).
          Sorry my bad english

Comment

Couple of personal tips:
            Now that's interesting....

Comment

Couple of personal tips:
              1. Try using it, but it won't be good enough ... by far not! 55mm is simply not enough on most spotting locations.
              2. That's plain wrong!!!! Nothing to add.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Couple of personal tips:

Simply trying to make fun of you If you have instagram aviation account, then np with that :P

Comment

Working...
                X