Beechcraft Duke fatal crash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
    I'm glad "we" solved this one so quickly.
    Are you flyboy? Or this some commonality that comes with puppy-mill training?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
      My zero hours in the Duke tell me that Vmc is around 80kts.
      My zero hours in the Duke tell me that engine-out-at-takeoff is a widespread problem in ALL light twins, not just specific ones, and that it's probably killed a lot more people than DCAS on the 737-MINlav.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
        My zero hours in the Duke tell me that engine-out-at-takeoff is a widespread problem in ALL light twins, not just specific ones, and that it's probably killed a lot more people than DCAS on the 737-MINlav.
        But, to repeat: "While the Duke shares the delightful handling of the Beech line, should pilots have the joy of single-engine operation, they will be up against the highest rudder-force of any piston twin – 150 pounds at Vmc – which happens to be the maximum the FAA allows."

So that could play a factor, eh?

And if you put your Vr below your Vmc I guess all the rudder force in the world isn't going to save you. (I think 100-130kts is normal Vr here?)

Comment

Riveting,,

Comment

Working...
          X