German Air Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Air Force

Well. I should be able to say only the best words here in this topic.

But probably I am also one of only two jetphotos members who knows a little bit more than the average guy on the street. So. I think this topic must be discussed on a brilliant aviation platform like jetphotos. With honest words, no exaggerated politeness.

Sometimes I like to say, well, why don't you call a B744, there is at least one in Germany. Mostly I've said something like that when a member of the
    German Government ordered a flight, but that flight was not able to take off.

Now, as I am not the only person who wonders how you can be a member of the German Government and order a flight but not be able to take off,
    let's discuss it.

Jetphotos indeed is a briliant platform, jetphotos like this included:
    10-23. Airbus A310-304. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This is an Airbus A310-300, the series was built between 1982 and 1998. The a/c in the photo is ex registration 'DDR-ABC',
    so, that seems to be an Airbus which yet existed before November 1989. 30 years old.

But now there is a fact which nobody until today has explained. This ex DDR-ABC flies and flies and flies and flies, without 1 problem. Why.

My answer would be, the A310-300 is easier, less complicated and faster to maintain than let's say an A340-300.

Only an assumption, I am not a technician. Another crazy fact is, members of the German Government order a flight. But that does not mean that two pilots who 24/7 only wait for that moment jump into their cockpit and within minutes the flight takes place.
    The fleet is not based in Berlin. That means, whenever somebody orders a flight, that order arrives at the fleet. Then two pilots who 24/7 only wait for that moment jump into their cockpit,
    and then they fly to Berlin!

With the Bombardier Global 5000 it's even better, not either based in Berlin, but maintained in Berlin! So, if you need new tires or a screw, the Bombardier jet will be flown to Berlin. Only for 1 screw, if you urgently need a screw. And then the Bombardier jet will be flown back to its parking position.

Earlier this night I said that I'll try to be polite. But this procedure is not efficient. It is the opposite of efficiency!
    And prone to mistakes.

PS: Only in case... LH #510 today 21:55 local.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2019-04-27, 00:31. Reason: Buenos Aires.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

What?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
      What?
      +1 !!
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Probably I should appreciate that at least two men answered my call for help. But I had never expected that these two men are not from continental Europe. So first of all, thanks alot that this topic was able to survive. Not all topics which I start do survive.

I should say what I expected when I started this topic. Well. We all know (at least) two jetphotos members who are based on DUS, me included. I know at least another guy who is based on CGN. Then there is (at least) one jetphotos forum member who is based in Switzerland. That makes.. 4 , at least.

But the only two answers come from USA and Great Britain. And I can understand why ATL asked 'What'. This probably is a German topic.

To be honest, it is a Berlin topic. And I admit, this is not harmony at its best, this is, say what you think about aviation in your country. Nevertheless, I have three questions.

1. Don't we have one jetphotos forum member who is based in Berlin?
        2. Where are all the jetphotos forum members who as far as I know are based in Germany and Switzerland?
        3. With the date of today (May 26th 2019), how long does it take to establish a maintenance crew for Bombardier Global 5000 near or better on its current home airport (which indeed is not Berlin) ... ?
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2019-05-26, 01:38. Reason: Not Berlin.

Comment

The real question is why the German Air Force has such low rates of aircraft serviceability and reliability and why there have been so many incidents and close calls recently. I think I have some idea, but it would be nice to hear from an expert in the country on the ground there. In not more than 100 words please

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
            The real question is why the German Air Force has such low rates of aircraft serviceability and reliability and why there have been so many incidents and close calls recently. I think I have some idea, but it would be nice to hear from an expert in the country on the ground there. In not more than 100 words please
            Oh, Dear Heavens, please don't encourage him!

Comment

I would argue the aviation world would benefit from his incisive and cogent analytical skills.

Comment

I would argue the aviation world would benefit from his incisive and cogent analytical skills.
                You have outed yourself as a North Korean spy sent to sabotage the western worlds advanced technology I see.

Comment

Hm. And I thought that this aviation platform is so very brilliant that we have more than only ... let me just count.. 4 or 5 German speaking jetphotos members. Probably this platform is too brilliant for people who should be responsible for the ancient ruins of the BER airport, which indeed is under construction since September 2006.

So, I am the one who must explain why in Berlin nobody is able to build a rather small (too small) BER airport within 13 years (!).

Not Bundesminister Andreas Scheuer (CSU) is able to explain it, but me?! Hm. In less than 101 words. Which I never promised.

Between 1949 and 1999, the city of Bonn was the Federal Capital of Germany, not without reason. Here we have (at least) two major airports who until today work like a charm. DUS and CGN. Less than 101 words? Guess how many nautical miles today are between an airport who works like a charm
                  and "the new address" for the Chancellor of Germany, in Eastern Germany.

If you ask me, Paris is 212 nautical miles away from here, Zurich 240 nautical miles, and Berlin is the longest route, 256 nautical miles away from here. Now, somewhere is the parking position and on the other end of these 256 nautical miles there sits the maintenance crew for German Bombardier Global jets.

Halcyon, I think your question has been answered as good as it is possible in public. Would you drive your car 256 nautical miles (air-line distance) or 565 kilometers on the road only because the only maintenance crew who you trust is that far away?

I wouldn't, and as far as my avatar is concerned, I don't have to.. Nobody who is responsible for his own economic success would do something like that.

You'll have to notice, here in public I will not go into further detail.

PS: Mainly it is a huge waste of time, if you know that between the current parking position and Berlin, a good passenger jet like the Airbus A320 needs 1 hour and 10 minutes. Not to mention waste of fuel, and, what you mentioned, a serviceability of near zero. Imagine you are chancellor, you call the fleet, now, Sunday night, 0326 CEST. And they need 70 minutes or more before..

Please don't ask me for more in public.
                  Last edited by LH-B744; 2019-06-16, 01:29. Reason: 256 nautical miles are more than nothing.

Comment

Working...
                  X