Pre-screening guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-screening guidance

Getting my feet wet here at JetPhotos and testing the limitations of what is acceptable. Here is a shot with this as the rejection criteria
    • Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
    • Obstructing Objects / Foreground Clutter
    • Undersharpened (Soft)

Is there any way to get this into the Database or is this not worth trying to fix. I was centring the nose of the aircraft for the middle.

Thank you for looking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CFIVWtowyul.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	536.2 KB
ID:	1046009

Dear Craig, even though Softness and Centering are easy to fix in any editing programm, unfortunatelly the tow truck obstructs the right engine and this is something that cannot be fixed.

Sotiris
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/29739

Comment

Originally posted by flying Doc View Post
      unfortunatelly the tow truck obstructs the right engine and this is something that cannot be fixed.
      Thank, noted.

Comment

Rejected again for softness, which I thought I corrected, is it really that bad? Thank you for looking.

Name:	CGJZZtraxiYUL2.jpg
Size:	387.6 KB
ID:	1034839

Comment

Originally posted by baldwin8 View Post
          Rejected again for softness, which I thought I corrected, is it really that bad? Thank you for looking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24122[/ATTACH]
          Just slight softness, imho. If the original is sharp, should be an easy fix.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            Just slight softness, imho. If the original is sharp, should be an easy fix.
            Thanks, I didn't want to overdo it.

Oh crap, noticed my sharpening was set to Gaussian blur removal, rather than Lens blur.
            Last edited by baldwin8; 2019-05-05, 16:45. Reason: Oooops

Comment

Guidance for this one. Rejection : Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue) Working this ramp for a number of years, the concrete in late afternoon always gives an odd tone but what am I missing?

Name:	CFYJPparkedrampYUL.jpg
Size:	532.1 KB
ID:	1035281

Comment

Guidance for this one. Rejection : Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue) Working this ramp for a number of years, the concrete in late afternoon always gives an odd tone but what am I missing?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24652[/ATTACH]
                While not very strong, there is a slight red/magenta hue to the image (fuselage on Rouge should be white). Borderline chances if you wanted to appeal; if not, a slight adjustment should be all that is needed.

Comment

While not very strong, there is a slight red/magenta hue to the image (fuselage on Rouge should be white). Borderline chances if you wanted to appeal; if not, a slight adjustment should be all that is needed.
                  Thank you dlowwa, will edit soon.

Now this is an unedited shot, but I am not sure how it should be cropped for acceptance. Should I include the "Lufthansa" name in the shot or just include the forward entrance door? Or are nose shots unacceptable?

Thank you for looking.

Name:	P1000722.JPG
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1035395

Comment

Now this is an unedited shot, but I am not sure how it should be cropped for acceptance. Should I include the "Lufthansa" name in the shot or just include the forward entrance door?
                    It's a subjective thing, so do whatever is most aesthetically pleasing to you.

Or are nose shots unacceptable?
                    Plenty of nose shots on the DB already.

Comment

It's a subjective thing, so do whatever is most aesthetically pleasing to you.

Plenty of nose shots on the DB already.
                      Thank you for the advice as always.

Here is one I shot in the hangar. Suggestions?

Name:	Tail848hangar.jpg
Size:	819.4 KB
ID:	1040165

Comment

Thank you for the advice as always.

Here is one I shot in the hangar. Suggestions?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25575[/ATTACH]
                        Likely a personal decision for the crop; white balance also looks a bit warm.

Comment

Reject for Window glare/Dirt. I don't see it, is there something I'm missing?

Name:	N304PQniterampYUL.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	499.1 KB
ID:	1084315

Comment

Reject for Window glare/Dirt. I don't see it, is there something I'm missing?
                            There's a very large, faint circle above the nose, either from lens flare, or maybe something on the lens itself. Too big to be dust, which wouldn't show up at night anway:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_30084.jpg Views:	0 Size:	525.1 KB ID:	1084326

Comment

There's a very large, faint circle above the nose, either from lens flare, or maybe something on the lens itself. Too big to be dust, which wouldn't show up at night anway:
                              I can see a faint light object slightly to the left of that on the original which I believe to be lights from an aircraft on approach to 06L but not in the area you are showing. I will ditch this one, not the end of the world for me. Maybe there is a lens flare.

Thank you dlowwa

Comment

Working...
                              X