Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 123

Thread: dxtrx-Prescreening request / Editing advice

  1. #101
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dxtrx View Post
    OK I see. And how about the other three?Also acceptable?
    Don't see any major issues.

  2. #102
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Tianjin
    Posts
    71

    Default

    May I ask for some advice on these four please? Thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7751.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	495.9 KB 
ID:	25626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7811.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	503.0 KB 
ID:	25627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7887.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	486.1 KB 
ID:	25628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7991.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	495.1 KB 
ID:	25629
    (BTW I found that the sharpness of the picture seems to be related to the size? In that way, should I lower a bit sharpness from the appropriate level in the origin photo in order to avoid oversharpening? Not sure about that...)

  3. #103
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Tianjin
    Posts
    71

    Default

    I‘ve just got a rejection for the reason “Too much or too little contrast”. But I think the contrast is acceptable according to the histogram and the photo itself?
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7365607

  4. #104
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dxtrx View Post
    I‘ve just got a rejection for the reason “Too much or too little contrast”. But I think the contrast is acceptable according to the histogram and the photo itself?
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7365607
    Contrast is ok, but missing Night Shot category.

  5. #105
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Tianjin
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Contrast is ok, but missing Night Shot category.
    So...can I correct it via appealing?Or must upload again?

  6. #106
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Beijing, China / College Station, TX, USA
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dxtrx View Post
    So...can I correct it via appealing?Or must upload again?
    You'll need to upload it again with the correct category.

  7. #107
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Tianjin
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyx323 View Post
    You'll need to upload it again with the correct category.
    OK. Many thanks! And some comments on those four photographs above please.

  8. #108
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Beijing, China / College Station, TX, USA
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dxtrx View Post
    OK. Many thanks! And some comments on those four photographs above please.
    I don't see any major issues in them.

  9. #109
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Tianjin
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Thanks a lot for the previous feedback. Here I got a new rejection, but I’m not quite sure about the reasons. Some help please.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7368108

  10. #110
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dxtrx View Post
    Thanks a lot for the previous feedback. Here I got a new rejection, but I’m not quite sure about the reasons. Some help please.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7368108
    Horizon looks ok to me, so can't really tell you.

  11. #111
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Tianjin
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Horizon looks ok to me, so can't really tell you.
    Thanks. And how about the “wrong category”? I just chose the default option.

  12. #112
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dxtrx View Post
    Thanks. And how about the “wrong category”? I just chose the default option.
    There are no "default options". You need to select "Special Scheme" category for this photo.

  13. #113
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Tianjin
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LX-A343 View Post
    There are no "default options". You need to select "Special Scheme" category for this photo.
    emm...But this is not a special livery at all:-D All 20+ China Southern’s 787s (except B1168) have the same paint. So it maybe not qualified for “Special Scheme”? I did a search in database and I found some photos of CZ’s Dreamliners are considered as special scheme while others are not, and that’s really confusing for me...

  14. #114
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dxtrx View Post
    emm...But this is not a special livery at all All 20+ China Southern’s 787s (except B116 have the same paint. So it maybe not qualified for “Special Scheme”? I did a search in database and I found some photos of CZ’s Dreamliners are considered as special scheme while others are not, and that’s really confusing for me...
    Correct, All 20+ China Southern’s 787s (except B116 have the same paint, but not all China Southern Aircraft. This is not the normal China Southern livery.

  15. #115
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Tianjin
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LX-A343 View Post
    Correct, All 20+ China Southern’s 787s (except B116 have the same paint, but not all China Southern Aircraft. This is not the normal China Southern livery.
    All right then. I will reupload that one. Thanks.

  16. #116
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Tianjin
    Posts
    71

    Default

    By the way if a photo was taken in late afternoon(4:00PM-6:00PM for example), how can I determine whether it is a night shot or a ordinary one?
    To be more specific, should these two be categoried as night shots?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4524.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	428.8 KB 
ID:	25684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4354a.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	467.3 KB 
ID:	25685
    (not for pre-screening, just about the category problems) Much appreciate!

  17. #117
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Beijing, China / College Station, TX, USA
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dxtrx View Post
    By the way if a photo was taken in late afternoon(4:00PM-6:00PM for example), how can I determine whether it is a night shot or a ordinary one?
    To be more specific, should these two be categoried as night shots?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4524.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	428.8 KB 
ID:	25684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4354a.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	467.3 KB 
ID:	25685
    (not for pre-screening, just about the category problems) Much appreciate!
    For night shots near dawn/dusk, they should show a red-orange glow and long shadows, so these two images do not qualify for night shots. For borderline/unsure cases, it's best if you could leave a short message to the screeners about it.

  18. #118
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Tianjin
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyx323 View Post
    For night shots near dawn/dusk, they should show a red-orange glow and long shadows, so these two images do not qualify for night shots. For borderline/unsure cases, it's best if you could leave a short message to the screeners about it.
    OK I see. Thanks!

  19. #119
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Tianjin
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Much appreciate for the prescreening.
    I'm still not sure about this kind of photos with aircrafts on the ground.The histograms tell that the exposures are OK but I feel the bottom of the planes and the backgrounds are a bit dark? Are they acceptable?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8140.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	861.4 KB 
ID:	25856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7588.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	828.2 KB 
ID:	25855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8650.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	803.2 KB 
ID:	25857
    Oh BTW how about their sharpness? I tried some new settings on these three.

  20. #120
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dxtrx View Post
    Much appreciate for the prescreening.
    I'm still not sure about this kind of photos with aircrafts on the ground.The histograms tell that the exposures are OK but I feel the bottom of the planes and the backgrounds are a bit dark? Are they acceptable?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8140.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	861.4 KB 
ID:	25856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7588.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	828.2 KB 
ID:	25855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8650.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	803.2 KB 
ID:	25857
    Oh BTW how about their sharpness? I tried some new settings on these three.
    Exposure is fine on these images.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •