Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aeroplaneman747 - editing/rejection advice

Hi,

Was going through some airshow photos and was struggling with getting these level. In one I have levelled it with the horizon, in the other with the taxiway. From my understanding of the area there is some slope in the ground, and levelling it with the horizon seems to produce an unnatural result in my eyes. What do you think?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	level1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1046041
    Click image for larger version

Name:	level2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1046042

Originally posted by aeroplaneman747 View Post
    Hi,

Was going through some airshow photos and was struggling with getting these level. In one I have levelled it with the horizon, in the other with the taxiway. From my understanding of the area there is some slope in the ground, and levelling it with the horizon seems to produce an unnatural result in my eyes. What do you think?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]24311[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]24312[/ATTACH]
    I would go with the second one. Seems more natural, and the 'horizon' that's visible isn't really far enough away to be a reliable indicator imho.

Comment

Hi,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24311[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]24312[/ATTACH]
      Yep, Pic 2 definitely
      View me on JetPhotos

Comment

Help understanding rejection

Hi,

I recently had the following photo rejected https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7570665 with the comment 'Corners of frame brighter than center.' I am having trouble seeing this on my monitor and have edited in the same way as my other photos. Is the problem with all corners or just some? If someone could help me understand this rejection that would be great!

Thanks,
        Michael

Comment

Hi Michael,

If you look on the "Check for Dust" application, you can clearly see vignetting on all 4 corners. To eliminate this, try using the lens correction setting in Photoshop if that's what you're using to edit your photos. I'm not a screener, but I'm simply stating what I can see.

Regards,
          Dohwan Kim

Comment

I recently had the following photo rejected https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7570665 with the comment 'Corners of frame brighter than center.' I am having trouble seeing this on my monitor and have edited in the same way as my other photos. Is the problem with all corners or just some? If someone could help me understand this rejection that would be great!
            Corners are indeed brighter than the center, probably due to some editing after effect, most likely vignetting correction.

Originally posted by Dohwan Kim View Post
            To eliminate this, try using the lens correction setting in Photoshop if that's what you're using to edit your photos.
            Actually that's probably what's causing the problem, so I'd be very careful if you choose to use such a function.

Comment

Thanks, the check for dust definitely makes it obvious, must be the Profile Correction in Lightroom causing it - will be more careful when using it in the future.

Comment

Working...
              X