Thread: RSD hue/color - editing advice

Default RSD hue/color - editing advice

Hello,

Still trying to demystify the screening process here. ( thank you on previous threads)
    I have just got results for 2 airplanes, with the 313 accepted where I was certain of rejection and the b738 rejected where I sure of acceptance.
    Another interesting fact, if I may, is the exact opposite screening result at planespotters, where the same 2 exports were screened.

Nevertheless, I would like to try to understand how this hue/color saturation is judged here
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7277671

I m guessing it is an over saturation, since the hue is unchanged. I do not believe it is an under.

Thank you

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Quote Originally Posted by RSD View Post
    Hello,

Still trying to demystify the screening process here. ( thank you on previous threads)
    I have just got results for 2 airplanes, with the 313 accepted where I was certain of rejection and the b738 rejected where I sure of acceptance.
    Another interesting fact, if I may, is the exact opposite screening result at planespotters, where the same 2 exports were screened.

Nevertheless, I would like to try to understand how this hue/color saturation is judged here
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7277671

I m guessing it is an over saturation, since the hue is unchanged. I do not believe it is an under.

Thank you
    Doesn't look too bad to me; cyan/blue a bit strong but other than that looks ok.

See right side here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48620_1556675063.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	798.5 KB 
ID:	24335

Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Doesn't look too bad to me; cyan/blue a bit strong but other than that looks ok.

See right side here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48620_1556675063.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	798.5 KB 
ID:	24335
    Thanks for the feedback. I actually had put -5 vibrance. I believe that the logo is quite color saturated on the painting itself, for having seen that aircraft many times. Do you think it is worth a appeal ?

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Thanks for the feedback. I actually had put -5 vibrance. I believe that the logo is quite color saturated on the painting itself, for having seen that aircraft many times. Do you think it is worth a appeal ?
    As I said, the cyan/blue is a little too strong, so if the appeal came to me, I would reject it again. I advise correcting the color as I suggested in the example, and then re-submitting.

Default [Editing advice ] Pre-screening. Until i get to 10 :)

Hello,

Thanks for the help recently. I down to 3 now wohoo.
    I would like to use that method of pre screening, at least until I reach the 10 goal line.

Here are 5 pics that I really like. What do you think ?
    Thx in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A319_AirCanadaRouge_C-GKOB_DSC01914.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	619.0 KB 
ID:	24413   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A321_AirCanadaRouge_C-GHPJ_DSC02411.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	538.8 KB 
ID:	24414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B738_Sunwing_C-FRZG_3_20190411.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	518.9 KB 
ID:	24415   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRJ2_AirCanadaExpress_C-FEJA_DSC02108.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	679.6 KB 
ID:	24416   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH8C_AirCanadaExpress_C-GABO_DSC02414.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	521.0 KB 
ID:	24417  

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Hi, please read this when you get the chance:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ning-from-crew

As per #4, we'd like you to keep all of your editing/prescreening requests to a single thread.

Here are 5 pics that I really like. What do you think ?
    Thx in advance
    1. soft
    2. ok
    3. dark
    4-5 ok

Hello,

Thanks. Looks like you re doing a lot on this advice aspect of the website, appreciated. I wish I had read the thread on pre screening thread before, it's done now. The requirements make sense.
    Regarding your pre screen, cool, i'm getting there. May I ask regarding 1 and 3.
    1 - If sharp enough, this kind of angle/composition is then acceptable ?
    3- So with a black livery, one should go higher in the exposition to compensate ? I actually turned it down before the pre screen export, I guess I had a better gut feeling before
    Thx for your help

JetPhotos.Net Crew

1 - If sharp enough, this kind of angle/composition is then acceptable ?
    Nothing technically wrong with the angle (it won't be rejected for this), though some (myself included) don't find it a particularly attractive angle. Given the livery is not really visible, the image will also likely be excluded from FR24.

3- So with a black livery, one should go higher in the exposition to compensate ? I actually turned it down before the pre screen export, I guess I had a better gut feeling before
    Dark liveries are a little harder to judge, but looking at the tail and sky, there is some room for brightening to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Nothing technically wrong with the angle (it won't be rejected for this), though some (myself included) don't find it a particularly attractive angle. Given the livery is not really visible, the image will also likely be excluded from FR24.

Dark liveries are a little harder to judge, but looking at the tail and sky, there is some room for brightening to occur.
    Thx I ll keep that in mind and add the exp on the sunwing.