Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RSD hue/color - editing advice

Default RSD hue/color - editing advice

Hello,

Still trying to demystify the screening process here. ( thank you on previous threads)
    I have just got results for 2 airplanes, with the 313 accepted where I was certain of rejection and the b738 rejected where I sure of acceptance.
    Another interesting fact, if I may, is the exact opposite screening result at planespotters, where the same 2 exports were screened.

Nevertheless, I would like to try to understand how this hue/color saturation is judged here
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7277671

I m guessing it is an over saturation, since the hue is unchanged. I do not believe it is an under.

Thank you

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Quote Originally Posted by RSD View Post
    Hello,

Still trying to demystify the screening process here. ( thank you on previous threads)
    I have just got results for 2 airplanes, with the 313 accepted where I was certain of rejection and the b738 rejected where I sure of acceptance.
    Another interesting fact, if I may, is the exact opposite screening result at planespotters, where the same 2 exports were screened.

Nevertheless, I would like to try to understand how this hue/color saturation is judged here
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7277671

I m guessing it is an over saturation, since the hue is unchanged. I do not believe it is an under.

Thank you
    Doesn't look too bad to me; cyan/blue a bit strong but other than that looks ok.

See right side here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48620_1556675063.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	798.5 KB 
ID:	24335

Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Doesn't look too bad to me; cyan/blue a bit strong but other than that looks ok.

See right side here:

Name:	48620_1556675063.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	798.5 KB 
ID:	24335
    Thanks for the feedback. I actually had put -5 vibrance. I believe that the logo is quite color saturated on the painting itself, for having seen that aircraft many times. Do you think it is worth a appeal ?

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Thanks for the feedback. I actually had put -5 vibrance. I believe that the logo is quite color saturated on the painting itself, for having seen that aircraft many times. Do you think it is worth a appeal ?
    As I said, the cyan/blue is a little too strong, so if the appeal came to me, I would reject it again. I advise correcting the color as I suggested in the example, and then re-submitting.

Default [Editing advice ] Pre-screening. Until i get to 10 :)

Hello,

Thanks for the help recently. I down to 3 now wohoo.
    I would like to use that method of pre screening, at least until I reach the 10 goal line.

Here are 5 pics that I really like. What do you think ?
    Thx in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A319_AirCanadaRouge_C-GKOB_DSC01914.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	619.0 KB 
ID:	24413   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A321_AirCanadaRouge_C-GHPJ_DSC02411.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	538.8 KB 
ID:	24414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B738_Sunwing_C-FRZG_3_20190411.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	518.9 KB 
ID:	24415   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRJ2_AirCanadaExpress_C-FEJA_DSC02108.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	679.6 KB 
ID:	24416   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH8C_AirCanadaExpress_C-GABO_DSC02414.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	521.0 KB 
ID:	24417  

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Hi, please read this when you get the chance:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ning-from-crew

As per #4, we'd like you to keep all of your editing/prescreening requests to a single thread.

Here are 5 pics that I really like. What do you think ?
    Thx in advance
    1. soft
    2. ok
    3. dark
    4-5 ok

Hello,

Thanks. Looks like you re doing a lot on this advice aspect of the website, appreciated. I wish I had read the thread on pre screening thread before, it's done now. The requirements make sense.
    Regarding your pre screen, cool, i'm getting there. May I ask regarding 1 and 3.
    1 - If sharp enough, this kind of angle/composition is then acceptable ?
    3- So with a black livery, one should go higher in the exposition to compensate ? I actually turned it down before the pre screen export, I guess I had a better gut feeling before
    Thx for your help

JetPhotos.Net Crew

1 - If sharp enough, this kind of angle/composition is then acceptable ?
    Nothing technically wrong with the angle (it won't be rejected for this), though some (myself included) don't find it a particularly attractive angle. Given the livery is not really visible, the image will also likely be excluded from FR24.

3- So with a black livery, one should go higher in the exposition to compensate ? I actually turned it down before the pre screen export, I guess I had a better gut feeling before
    Dark liveries are a little harder to judge, but looking at the tail and sky, there is some room for brightening to occur.

Nothing technically wrong with the angle (it won't be rejected for this), though some (myself included) don't find it a particularly attractive angle. Given the livery is not really visible, the image will also likely be excluded from FR24.

Dark liveries are a little harder to judge, but looking at the tail and sky, there is some room for brightening to occur.
    Thx I ll keep that in mind and add the exp on the sunwing.

Hello everyone,
    Would you say this one has a chance? The quality is not there, but the shot is quite nice Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02426.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	477.0 KB 
ID:	25106

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Hello everyone,
    Would you say this one has a chance? The quality is not there, but the shot is quite nice Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02426.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	477.0 KB 
ID:	25106
    I agree, nice image, but very likely a rejection for soft.

I agree, nice image, but very likely a rejection for soft.
    Yeah that s what I thought. Thx

Hello,

I feel this one could have a chance thought it s definitely borderline.
    But being french and spotting my presidential plane in Quebec, I would love to be able to submit it
    What do you guys think ? I have these two options

Name:	DSC02594.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	483.3 KB 
ID:	25239

Name:	DSC02597.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	340.9 KB 
ID:	25240

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Hello,

I feel this one could have a chance thought it s definitely borderline.
    But being french and spotting my presidential plane in Quebec, I would love to be able to submit it
    What do you guys think ? I have these two options

Name:	DSC02594.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	483.3 KB 
ID:	25239

Name:	DSC02597.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	340.9 KB 
ID:	25240
    These images would be considered similar. Please choose just one.

These images would be considered similar. Please choose just one.
    Thx for the reply. What I meant is that I had these two that maybe could have a chance, and was trying to get help choosing the one that has the most chance. I would like the first one ( climb) better, so if it is acceptable I will try it out

JetPhotos.Net Crew

I would like the first one ( climb) better, so if it is acceptable I will try it out
    This image is very soft, almost blurry. It would have no chance at acceptance.

Ok thx I understand

Hello,

I have just received the following reasons for this photo
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7406050

- Not centered
    - Horizon
    - Part of aircraft cut off.

I m not going to appeal with 3 reasons given, but I need to clarify the following

- Aircraft not centered and horizon is well, let s say I would not appeal this because even though it was close enough to me.

BUT
    - Part of aircraft cut off is most certainly not a valid reason since I have got multiple acceptance with the same cropping (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9350077, https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9349719)

Could we at least clarify this is not a valid reason. As I intend to upload others of this cropping style.

Thank you !

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Hello,

I have just received the following reasons for this photo
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7406050

- Not centered
    - Horizon
    - Part of aircraft cut off.

I m not going to appeal with 3 reasons given, but I need to clarify the following

- Aircraft not centered and horizon is well, let s say I would not appeal this because even though it was close enough to me.

BUT
    - Part of aircraft cut off is most certainly not a valid reason since I have got multiple acceptance with the same cropping (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9350077, https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9349719)

Could we at least clarify this is not a valid reason. As I intend to upload others of this cropping style.

Thank you !
    Sorry, but your rejected image is very awkwardly cropped. The aircraft takes up less than half of the frame compared to the wing, while in the other accepted images it fills more of the frame. Cut off/centering, whichever reason you want to apply, the basic idea is that the crop is quite unbalanced.

Thank you. It helps me understand better what can be expected on the website.
    I really appreciate your input, I would like to nuance a bit. I would say "the fuselage compared to the wings" as wings are parts of an aircraft, even an airframe (when engines are not). I m sure you understand that there are areas that fall into the cracks based on what the guidelines cover, so and it is definitely hard to understand to what extend creative work is allowed.