Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSD hue/color - editing advice

Hello,

Still trying to demystify the screening process here. ( thank you on previous threads)
    I have just got results for 2 airplanes, with the 313 accepted where I was certain of rejection and the b738 rejected where I sure of acceptance.
    Another interesting fact, if I may, is the exact opposite screening result at planespotters, where the same 2 exports were screened.

Nevertheless, I would like to try to understand how this hue/color saturation is judged here
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I m guessing it is an over saturation, since the hue is unchanged. I do not believe it is an under.

Thank you

Originally posted by RSD View Post
    Hello,

Still trying to demystify the screening process here. ( thank you on previous threads)
    I have just got results for 2 airplanes, with the 313 accepted where I was certain of rejection and the b738 rejected where I sure of acceptance.
    Another interesting fact, if I may, is the exact opposite screening result at planespotters, where the same 2 exports were screened.

Nevertheless, I would like to try to understand how this hue/color saturation is judged here
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I m guessing it is an over saturation, since the hue is unchanged. I do not believe it is an under.

Thank you
    Doesn't look too bad to me; cyan/blue a bit strong but other than that looks ok.

See right side here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	48620_1556675063.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	798.5 KB
ID:	1035021

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Doesn't look too bad to me; cyan/blue a bit strong but other than that looks ok.

See right side here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24335[/ATTACH]
      Thanks for the feedback. I actually had put -5 vibrance. I believe that the logo is quite color saturated on the painting itself, for having seen that aircraft many times. Do you think it is worth a appeal ?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I actually had put -5 vibrance. I believe that the logo is quite color saturated on the painting itself, for having seen that aircraft many times. Do you think it is worth a appeal ?
        As I said, the cyan/blue is a little too strong, so if the appeal came to me, I would reject it again. I advise correcting the color as I suggested in the example, and then re-submitting.

Comment

[Editing advice ] Pre-screening. Until i get to 10

Hello,

Thanks for the help recently. I down to 3 now wohoo.
          I would like to use that method of pre screening, at least until I reach the 10 goal line.

Here are 5 pics that I really like. What do you think ?
          Thx in advance
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, please read this when you get the chance:

Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

As per #4, we'd like you to keep all of your editing/prescreening requests to a single thread.

Here are 5 pics that I really like. What do you think ?
            Thx in advance
            1. soft
            2. ok
            3. dark
            4-5 ok

Comment

Hello,

Thanks. Looks like you re doing a lot on this advice aspect of the website, appreciated. I wish I had read the thread on pre screening thread before, it's done now. The requirements make sense.
              Regarding your pre screen, cool, i'm getting there. May I ask regarding 1 and 3.
              1 - If sharp enough, this kind of angle/composition is then acceptable ?
              3- So with a black livery, one should go higher in the exposition to compensate ? I actually turned it down before the pre screen export, I guess I had a better gut feeling before
              Thx for your help

Comment

1 - If sharp enough, this kind of angle/composition is then acceptable ?
                Nothing technically wrong with the angle (it won't be rejected for this), though some (myself included) don't find it a particularly attractive angle. Given the livery is not really visible, the image will also likely be excluded from FR24.

3- So with a black livery, one should go higher in the exposition to compensate ? I actually turned it down before the pre screen export, I guess I had a better gut feeling before
                Dark liveries are a little harder to judge, but looking at the tail and sky, there is some room for brightening to occur.

Comment

Nothing technically wrong with the angle (it won't be rejected for this), though some (myself included) don't find it a particularly attractive angle. Given the livery is not really visible, the image will also likely be excluded from FR24.

Dark liveries are a little harder to judge, but looking at the tail and sky, there is some room for brightening to occur.
                  Thx I ll keep that in mind and add the exp on the sunwing.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                    Would you say this one has a chance? The quality is not there, but the shot is quite nice Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02426.jpg
Size:	477.0 KB
ID:	1039755

Comment

Hello everyone,
                      Would you say this one has a chance? The quality is not there, but the shot is quite nice [ATTACH=CONFIG]25106[/ATTACH]
                      I agree, nice image, but very likely a rejection for soft.

Comment

I agree, nice image, but very likely a rejection for soft.
                        Yeah that s what I thought. Thx

Comment

Hello,

I feel this one could have a chance thought it s definitely borderline.
                          But being french and spotting my presidential plane in Quebec, I would love to be able to submit it
                          What do you guys think ? I have these two options

Name:	DSC02594.jpg
Size:	483.3 KB
ID:	1039875

Name:	DSC02597.jpg
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	1039876

Comment

Hello,

I feel this one could have a chance thought it s definitely borderline.
                            But being french and spotting my presidential plane in Quebec, I would love to be able to submit it
                            What do you guys think ? I have these two options
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]25239[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]25240[/ATTACH]
                            These images would be considered similar. Please choose just one.

Comment

These images would be considered similar. Please choose just one.
                              Thx for the reply. What I meant is that I had these two that maybe could have a chance, and was trying to get help choosing the one that has the most chance. I would like the first one ( climb) better, so if it is acceptable I will try it out

Comment

Working...
                              X