Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos editing suggestions - Manos

Hello everybody,

I have recently tried to upload some pictures of an aircraft, but my submissions have been rejected due to the following reasons:
    - Undersharpened (Soft)
    - Backlit
    - Too much noise or grain
    - JPG compression artefacts
    - Categories wrong or missing

As of the editing process which I followed, I thought that in order to cover the photos submission resolution requirements, I had to crop the pictures or to compress them, since they exceeded the maximum approved resolution.
    However, they finally got rejected and now I find myself a little bit confused as to what to do.
    Therefore, any recommendations and tips as regards the editing process could be much appreciated.

Thank you very much
    Manos

Originally posted by Manos View Post
    Hello everybody,

I have recently tried to upload some pictures of an aircraft, but my submissions have been rejected due to the following reasons:
    - Undersharpened (Soft)
    - Backlit
    - Too much noise or grain
    - JPG compression artefacts
    - Categories wrong or missing

As of the editing process which I followed, I thought that in order to cover the photos submission resolution requirements, I had to crop the pictures or to compress them, since they exceeded the maximum approved resolution.
    However, they finally got rejected and now I find myself a little bit confused as to what to do.
    Therefore, any recommendations and tips as regards the editing process could be much appreciated.

Thank you very much
    Manos
    The upload guidelines (https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ES-New-version) should answer most of your questions. It contains examples of what not to do that will address your queries regarding backlit, soft, compression, etc.

Comment

Alright, thank you!

Comment

Alright, thank you!
        And remember you can create a pre-screening thread on this forum to ask for advice before using a queue slot. Just remember to stick to a single pre-screening thread for all your requests.

Comment

Dear Manos,

I have just took a look at your pics, and even though I am not the screener involved , here some comments to help you improve your editing techniques.

First this one. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7281558
          Categories is simple. Small Prop. If you have read carefully the guidelines before hiting the "upload" button , you could have got this right.
          JPG compression artefacts: As you can see, the whole plane looks jaggy and blocky in many areas. If you shoot JPG, the PIC is already compressed from the camera software and trying to resize/compress them more, in order to fit the size requirements, worsens the problem. If you shoot RAW (i kindly doubt it) then at the end of the editing process, you have to save the file in the maximum size possible to avoid that.

Then this one: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7284870

JPG compression: As mentioned above
          Categories: As mentioned above
          Backlit: It is more than obvious that the light comes from behind the plane, hence the whole plane is dark and in the shadow. Always try to shoot with the sun BEHUND YOUR BACK and not behind the plane. Very easy to do that.
          Noise/grain : The whole plane is grainy. So either bad camera settings (ISO around 800 or more) for a sunny day (needs ISO 100) or more possible, you took the pic with a "poit a shoot" or "bridge" camera or with your smartphone at maximum digital zoom, which caused the problem.
          Soft: Probably the same reason with the noise/grain rejection and no editing at all.

Hope that I have helped.

Sotiris
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/29739

Comment

Pre-screening thread

Hello,

I would like to know if any of the attached pictures may be accepted for uploading.

Thank you for your time,
            Manos
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I would like to know if any of the attached pictures may be accepted for uploading.

Thank you for your time,
              Manos
              1 and 2 look OK
              3 does not meet our criteria for size ratio
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer!

Comment

Like LX-A343 said the size ratio on photo 3 needs to be fixed. Photo 1 also looks a tad bit dark. I'm not looking at a histogram, nor am I a screener so I can't say for certain.

Comment

Working...
                  X