Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panorama image

Dear Team,

First of all, I am sorry if there is already a topic for this question. This is just to be sure of my thoughts and I do NOT intend to upload the following example.

Today I had the privilege of being up close and personal with this gem. In this particular spot where I took some shots, the aircraft was just too big to fit in the whole frame, even at 24mm on a full frame body. As I don't have a "fish-eye" lens, I took a sequence of 20 RAW shots in order to create a panorama on Lightroom.

The digital processing was almost perfect and I just noted a small issue in the assembly which I think it's visible in the attachments (just behind the left engine).

Therefore, it will remain only for my personal collection or, in the limit, to publish in one of my social media accounts.

My question is: if the assembly was just perfect, would it be suitable to upload to JetPhotos? I read (again) the Upload Guidelines and I think below statement applies to this case:

1.1.1 Upload only unaltered images

Cloning anything in or out of a photo will mean that the photo will be rejected and you are running the risk of your upload privileges being withdrawn or limited for some time. Manipulating a photo is something we will never tolerate. We reserve ourselves the right to remove manipulated photos from the database. All that we allow to be cloned out are artefacts in the picture that look like sensor dust spots.

Any manipulation of a photo will not be tolerated and might result in a ban if repeated.

Anyway, I just wanted some of you to confirm that this is anyway a case of digital manipulation and, therefore, not acceptable at all, even if the final result is good and makes us remember the famous "fish-eye" effect.

Your time and feedback is highly appreciated in advance.

Kind regards from OPO,

Carlos Miguel Seabra

Click image for larger version

Name:	74Y.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1046060Click image for larger version

Name:	N740CK-2.jpg
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	1046061

Although there is nothing specific in the guidelines, we generally don't accept composite or stacked images, be it for exposure reasons (HDR) or panoramic stitching like you have done. It would fall into the manipulation category, yes, but this kind of manipulation shouldn't cause further repercussions (reduced slots, ban, etc.) since it's not done with bad intentions (like removing or altering part of the frame) - especially if you're upfront about it like you are being.

If unsure, it's always a good idea to do just as you've done, either ask first here in the forum, or at the least include a message to the screeners when uploading.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Although there is nothing specific in the guidelines, we generally don't accept composite or stacked images, be it for exposure reasons (HDR) or panoramic stitching like you have done. It would fall into the manipulation category, yes, but this kind of manipulation shouldn't cause further repercussions (reduced slots, ban, etc.) since it's not done with bad intentions (like removing or altering part of the frame) - especially if you're upfront about it like you are being.

If unsure, it's always a good idea to do just as you've done, either ask first here in the forum, or at the least include a message to the screeners when uploading.
      I have to say that I am quite impressed with his “stitching” skills.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        I have to say that I am quite impressed with his “stitching” skills.
        Have a look at this one - wingtip was from a separate image
        [1280x] - One of Multiple General Aviation Aircraft at Omaka for the Yealands Classic Fighters Omaka 2019 Airshow!. ZK-COX. Piper PA-22-150 Pacer. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
          Good afternoon dear Team,

Last month I was in the ramp and, as the light was nice, I decided to take a sequence of RAW shots to create a panorama of this ACJ, which was parked next to the aircraft I was giving assistance on that evening.

I worked on the panorama on Lightroom/Photoshop afterwards and I must say the final result is okay; I carefully analyzed the picture and it looks there are no "stitching issues".

I'd like to kindly ask if this would be acceptable in the database (if all the other parameters are also fine, of course).

Click image for larger version

Name:	CSTQJ.JPG
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	1042754

Your feedback is once again highly appreciated in advance.

Kind regards from OPO,

Carlos Miguel Seabra

Comment

Originally posted by 8989898 View Post
            Good afternoon dear Team,

Last month I was in the ramp and, as the light was nice, I decided to take a sequence of RAW shots to create a panorama of this ACJ, which was parked next to the aircraft I was giving assistance on that evening.

I worked on the panorama on Lightroom/Photoshop afterwards and I must say the final result is okay; I carefully analyzed the picture and it looks there are no "stitching issues".

I'd like to kindly ask if this would be acceptable in the database (if all the other parameters are also fine, of course).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28618[/ATTACH]

Your feedback is once again highly appreciated in advance.

Kind regards from OPO,

Carlos Miguel Seabra
            I'm sure your image looks great, but as mentioned above we won't be making exceptions to not allowing such manipulation. Doing so would open a whole box of possibilities that I don't think we're interested in looking at for the DB. Best to keep it as simple as possible - no manipulated/stitched/stacked images.

Thanks for being forthright about it though

Comment

maybe you could take a few steps back?

Comment

Working...
              X