Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Joe Waxman - editing help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default Joe Waxman - editing help

    Hello all! I've been editing some recent photos and noticed some pretty bad halos... Any tips on preventing/getting rid of them?

    I put this photo in the queue, then clicked the 'check for dust' box and it revealed some pretty bad halos...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_1341566176985_20190526_212211216_1_1280x.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	520.7 KB 
ID:	24932
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	24933

    P.S. I'm not using any clarity or dehaze when I edit.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Aaaaaand I fixed my own problem ! Turns out I just brought the highlights slider down too far. Brought it back up to 0, and voilą!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	24934

  3. #3
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Indeed, shadow/highlights, clarity, vibrance, and de-haze editing features all tend to cause such halos, thus the overprocessed rejections that usually go along with them.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    95

    Default

    If you ever have a problem like that again there's a great thread with a process to get rid of halos caused by the shadows/highlights tool. It doesn't fix halos caused by other things though.

    https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ips-and-tricks

    #4 is the one dealing with halos but there's loads of other great stuff in there.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default Cropping Help

    Hello, I recently spotted an MD-11 that diverted to Norfolk, and I'm not really sure how to crop it... This is what I've come up with so far... Any advice?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_55431369137614_20190531_235128422.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	25128

  6. #6
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Waxman View Post
    Hello, I recently spotted an MD-11 that diverted to Norfolk, and I'm not really sure how to crop it... This is what I've come up with so far... Any advice?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_55431369137614_20190531_235128422.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	25128
    A bit tight for my tastes, but crop should be acceptable.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default Prescreening Request

    Hello, I'd like to get this photo prescreened please.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_93880530047967_20190616_110906363.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	25591

  8. #8
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Waxman View Post
    Hello, I'd like to get this photo prescreened please.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_93880530047967_20190616_110906363.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	25591
    Once again, I'll ask you to please read here THOROUGHLY, in this case especially #6:

    https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ning-from-crew

    Can't prescreen an image if you won't actually be able to upload it.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Alright, let's try this again. I'd like to get this one prescreened... Sorry about that.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2098.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	510.9 KB 
ID:	25601

  10. #10
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Waxman View Post
    Alright, let's try this again. I'd like to get this one prescreened... Sorry about that.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2098.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	510.9 KB 
ID:	25601
    Borderline contrast (bit harsh), and motive. If the faces are deemed identifiable, then it's a motive rejection.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •