Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bapt0708: Pre-screening/How to do a better editing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reworked the first one and normaly the color profile is the good one (RGB)Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7209 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	420.5 KB
ID:	1040074

Comment

Originally posted by bapt0708 View Post
      I reworked the first one and normaly the color profile is the good one (RGB)[ATTACH=CONFIG]25457[/ATTACH]
      Looks very over sharpened / over processed.
      View me on JetPhotos

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7209.jpg
Size:	418.2 KB
ID:	1040078 is this better ?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25461[/ATTACH] is this better ?
          Borderline oversharpened/contrast, and again wrong color profile. Am not going to discuss this again.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            Borderline oversharpened/contrast, and again wrong color profile. Am not going to discuss this again.
            Yep. I agree. Absolutely no point continuing trying to get this photo up. Make sure your using the correct SRGB profile too.
            View me on JetPhotos

Comment

ok so i stop trying for this photo so just 2 question for the next pictures:
              these are my 2 big problems to see for me:
              -How can i know in which color profile i'am because when i go to color profile in my image settings photoshop say that i'am in SRGB but you say i'am not so how can i see i am in the good profile
              - second question how can i know if i have too much or too little contrast ?
              Thank you .

Comment

ok so i stop trying for this photo so just 2 question for the next pictures:
                these are my 2 big problems to see for me:
                -How can i know in which color profile i'am because when i go to color profile in my image settings photoshop say that i'am in SRGB but you say i'am not so how can i see i am in the good profile
                - second question how can i know if i have too much or too little contrast ?
                Thank you .
                First question is an easy fix. Somewhere in your work flow there is a dialog box asking you which profile to assign. One of the versions you posted was indeed sRGB, which shows that it's completely up to you and you are able to adjust this. As for contrast, that is something that is subjective, and can fall into three problematic areas: too much, too little, and unappealing (aesthetically). Most contrast issues for JP fall into the latter two categories. Too little contrast can be see when most of the image is exposed correctly, but the shadows are very weak. The last type (unappealing) is much more subjective, and usually occurs when the the light overall is very flat, and there is little difference between the subject (aircraft) and the background.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                  First question is an easy fix. Somewhere in your work flow there is a dialog box asking you which profile to assign. One of the versions you posted was indeed sRGB, which shows that it's completely up to you and you are able to adjust this. As for contrast, that is something that is subjective, and can fall into three problematic areas: too much, too little, and unappealing (aesthetically). Most contrast issues for JP fall into the latter two categories. Too little contrast can be see when most of the image is exposed correctly, but the shadows are very weak. The last type (unappealing) is much more subjective, and usually occurs when the the light overall is very flat, and there is little difference between the subject (aircraft) and the background.
                  OK thank you so i'm doing an example, i take one of my pictures
                  for me all of this are in the good color profile,
                  and if i understand everything, the first one has too little contrast

Name:	IMG_6825.jpg
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1040108
                  The second has good contrast

Name:	IMG_6825 2.jpg
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1040110
                  and the last one has unappealing contrast

Name:	IMG_6825 copy.jpg
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	1040109
                  is that correct ?

Comment

OK thank you so i'm doing an example, i take one of my pictures
                    for me all of this are in the good color profile,
                    and if i understand everything, the first one has too little contrast
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25512[/ATTACH]
                    The second has good contrast
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25514[/ATTACH]
                    and the last one has unappealing contrast
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25513[/ATTACH]
                    is that correct ?
                    To be frank, the contrast is terrible in all three images, and none would be acceptable.

Comment

Ok maybe try an other exemple
                      so the first one has too little contrast (the shadows are weak)

Name:	IMG_4407.jpg
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1040127
                      the second one has some good contrast (the shadows are good)

Name:	IMG_4407 copy.jpg
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	1040129
                      and the last one has very bad contrast

Name:	IMG_4407 copy 2.jpg
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	1040131
                      is this better ?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25532[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]25534[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]25536[/ATTACH]
                        is this better ?
                        1, 3: terrible
                        2: contrast is a bit harsh, overall a bit too dark
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25532[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]25534[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]25536[/ATTACH]
                          is this better ?
                          As Geri is hinting at, all three would likely be dark/contrast rejections. You might want to start with an image taken in decent light before adding/subtracting contrast to make your point.

Comment

Ok i'm starting to understand the contrast setting i have a picture with better light but with not a lot of shadows, how is it for the contrast and in general ?

Name:	IMG_9304.jpg
Size:	453.4 KB
ID:	1040137
                            Maybe it looks oversharpened ? but i did nothing for the sharpen during the editing this time to follow your advice.

Comment

Ok i'm starting to understand the contrast setting i have a picture with better light but with not a lot of shadows, how is it for the contrast and in general ?
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]25544[/ATTACH]
                              Maybe it looks oversharpened ? but i did nothing for the sharpen during the editing this time to follow your advice.
                              This would be rejected for cropping ratio, cut off, centering, and color. Contrast is the least of your worries with this image.

Comment

Ok so this image is dead for jetphoto because a part of the elevator is cut off in the original picture, but i would like to know the cropping ratio, it's because if i take another ratio the fence is really visible, is it a problem or not ? this is the original picture:

Name:	IMG_9304.jpg
Size:	969.0 KB
ID:	1040147
                                i changed the color profile in my settings i was in e-Srgb and not Srgb

Comment

Working...
                                X