5D IV vs 5DsR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5D IV vs 5DsR

I'm planning on upgrading my main body to either of the current 5D models, the 5D IV or the 5DsR. While the 5D IV seems to be better for night, from what I can see the 5DsR seems to be better for everything else. Can someone link me to accounts that use the 5D IV or the 5DsR, and give me recommendations on which to go for.

Originally posted by NZDN_spotting View Post
    While the 5D IV seems to be better for night, from what I can see the 5DsR seems to be better for everything else.
    It seems that you do know the answer to your own question. If you wanna take night shots, go for the former. Otherwise go for the latter. Simple.
    But my personal taste is the 5D IV. Just incredibly efficient.

HAN HPH VII VDH HUI DAD UIH CXR DLI SGN PQC KUL KCH SIN BKK CNX PNH RGN MNL CEB HKG CAN PEK NKG HGH NNG PVG WUH ICN GMP PUS CJU TPE NRT HND ITM
    B78X - B789 - B788 - B77W - B773 - B772 - B744 - B739 - B738 - B737 - A388 - A359 - A333 - A332 - A321 - A21N - A320 - A20N - A319 - E190

Comment

I have the 5D IV since late 2017, definitely the best camera I have ever had the chance to play with.

Regards
      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
        I have the 5D IV since late 2017, definitely the best camera I have ever had the chance to play with.

Regards
        Alex
        That's what I've heard from everyone who owns one. Do you know of any photographers on here using the 5Ds or 5DsR?

Comment

For aviation photography,5D IV

Comment

Originally posted by NZDN_spotting View Post
            That's what I've heard from everyone who owns one. Do you know of any photographers on here using the 5Ds or 5DsR?
            I know of one photographer, but not on here, that uses it and to be honest I wouldn't have known since most of his images resolve in his editing. But do you really need the megapixels when you're down sizing the image to 1920px? I think it would be useful if you're doing studio work or need massive prints. Other than that the 5d4 is more than capable.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
              I know of one photographer, but not on here, that uses it and to be honest I wouldn't have known since most of his images resolve in his editing. But do you really need the megapixels when you're down sizing the image to 1920px? I think it would be useful if you're doing studio work or need massive prints. Other than that the 5d4 is more than capable.
              It's not a matter of need, my 800D does a great job. I'm just wanting something better. I'm thinking I'll wait until its 63mp replacement comes out later this year.

Comment

Hi,
                I currently have the 5div and a 6d mk2. I owned the 5dsr a couple of years back mainly for big print (as James says above) commercial clients.
                I did use it a few times for aviation and put some up here see https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8214840.
                I have to say you need a very good technique using the 5dsr and there’s plenty of info out there about that, in the main it is a camera best suited for setup shots and not action imo.
                Regards T
                Last edited by 777MAN; 2019-06-13, 07:21.

Comment

So would you recommend going for the 5D IV or the 5DsR II when it comes out?

Comment

Sorry, hadn't seen your reply.

5D mk iv all the way for me. its an all round amazing DSLR with quality Canon L or equivalent just top!. Only go for the 5DsR for set up shots. The 5D mjiv has amazing quality pixels/photosites on the sensor and importantly top quality AI Servo almost matching the Canon 1 DX mk11, when tracking. its priceless. The 5DsR and 6D mk11 doest have have the same. YMMV id go 5D mk iv and never look back, T

Comment

Working...
                    X