Microsoft Flight Simulator is back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Flight Simulator is back!!!

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Hm. The Flight Simulator section of this forum most of the time is something like my benchmark. If I am the last person who has written something here in this section then everything is ok. Nobody has thrown me out of this platform.

This saturday night is different. Somebody who if we'd only take the shere number of his posts is qualified to be a good moderator goes into the cellar and he likes to meet the people down there..?

Well, I'll take that as a compliment. Back on topic. Msfs for xbox. Ja, that seems to be a logic idea. Why not very much earlier. I know that Msfs 9 exists since anno 2004 (2003?), for people who use personal computers (PC).
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
        Hm. The Flight Simulator section of this forum most of the time is something like my benchmark. If I am the last person who has written something here in this section then everything is ok. Nobody has thrown me out of this platform.

This saturday night is different. Somebody who if we'd only take the shere number of his posts is qualified to be a good moderator goes into the cellar and he likes to meet the people down there..?

Well, I'll take that as a compliment. Back on topic. Msfs for xbox. Ja, that seems to be a logic idea. Why not very much earlier. I know that Msfs 9 exists since anno 2004 (2003?), for people who use personal computers (PC).
        As I read in the news, Microsoft would not tell much but they did tell that the new MSFS will also be available for PC.

And for the first part. I just came across the news by chance and thought I would share it. Nothing to do with wanting to throw you out of this platform or anything like that.

Go ahead and reply something so you are the last one.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
          As I read in the news, Microsoft would not tell much but they did tell that the new MSFS will also be available for PC.

And for the first part. I just came across the news by chance and thought I would share it. Nothing to do with wanting to throw you out of this platform or anything like that.

Go ahead and reply something so you are the last one.
          Oh Gabe, you know that I sometimes expect to be thrown out of this platform. But not by you, at least not as long as you don't become a moderator.

And not on such a brilliant racing sunday, in good mood, with more than seven hours to go..

In case of a doubt, I still have one or two properly attended topics which I have opened..

Btw, do you know how many posts you need to be a good administrator? If it only were the number of posts, then I only know 1 man here on jetphotos who still is better than you.
          Theoretically, we both are old enough. I can say why I'll never apply for 'an office' here at jetphotos. I understand an office which only can be enforced online as a Burden. And if you are unlucky, you become a lightning conductor for people who are ten years younger than you, who are not here since 15 years but only since 10 years...
          who seem to share an airport with you...

Nobody knows what I'm talkin about. Probably except 1. Back on topic.

A new msfs for pc, that would be msfs XI (11). I know that, because I own and fly and edit (?!) the X . And I know at least two airports which urgently need an improvement, compared to the X version.
          1. SBBR Brasilia. Which could be developed as a fs/XI masterpiece. Sloped on all four ends. With the new 2014 Terminal layout, quite modern, Lohausen style (?) , or newer. And, what always suprises me, with at least one parking position for overseas jets like for example a TP-A339 (type heavy, 72 x 72 m). The fsx default SBBR has nothin, so I helped myself..
          2. SBBE Belém. plus at least one 'type heavy' parking position, which the real thing has.

Btw, nobody has read my last entry here in the simulator section? Maraba is much too small for type B744. So what did I do. Brasilia - Maraba - Belém, with a VFR Maraba bypass (without landing). During the Brazil simulator journey, I learned to take the fuel for the return flight with me. You don't find that many alternates. What a 747 is good for.

Fs/XI. Not without type 747, I'd say.

Comment

Very nice. How much am I going to have to pay for a computer capable of running it ?
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Running it? Whatever you have will work. Running it at a decent combination of graphics quality and frame rate? USD 1200 (just for the tower) if your definition of decent is not too tough.

That's my guess.

Comment

I currently run a dual cpu 3.4 GHz i7 motherboard with 16 GB ddram and an nVidea gtx 660 running 4GB RAM.

It runs FSX quite well at 30 FPS provided I don’t go much more than 50% on the scenery and traffic. I should really drop the FPS to 25 as the human eye and brain cannot distinguish any difference at faster rates.
                Last edited by brianw999; 2019-06-20, 11:58.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                  [...]
                  It runs FSX quite well at 30 FPS provided I don’t go much more than 50% on the scenery and traffic. I should really drop the FPS to 25 as the human eye and brain cannot distinguish any difference at faster rates.
                  . I'm astonished, or .. as a rather friendly grandmother in London is often quoted, 'I'm amused'. You run fsx with the default frame limiter set to 30? Well, that sounds ok, if you use a really high resolution like 1080p .
                  My question is, do you experience situations in your fsx when the fps are lower than 30?

My trick is, I use 'only 900p' . And I still experience situations with 30 fps or less. But I assume that my video card ventilates very very good with the frame limiter set to 90. Which I achieve with most of the fsx default aircraft, like Beech Baron 58 or Beech King Air 350!
                  I've never been an nvidia man, I use amd radeon since ..clearly more than a decade. Today with not more than 2GB video memory. But for me that works like a charm.

And now they've announced fsXI or fs11.. with a clear question mark, what video card and how many GB of video memory do you need to achieve 90 fps with a 900p resolution in fs11?

I have found remarks by my favorite games magazine, and they usually always say something about the system requirements, but fsXI really seems to be so new that they haven't yet found the perfect configuration. Nevertheless, here is what they say until today (in German, but I can translate if you want), trailer included.
                  The comments are also worth a look, imho!

Das GameStar Magazin mit einer ersten Meinung zu MS fsXI

PS: Is that the man who I talked to 5 or 8 years ago with the words 'wouldn't you like to deepen your experience in a flight simulator..' . The answer must be 'yes'.

Comment

The human eye can not detect the difference at frame rates above 25 - 30fps. Using faster frame rates than 30fps is a waste of processor speed and power which can be better used for scenery generation.

Comment

I don't use faster frame rates with the frame limiter set to 90. I only let my video card decide when to go down to 30 or less.

And I bet, your video card is as clever as mine. Have you ever tried something like aerosoft London Heathrow fsx? I own this brilliant piece of digital artwork. That's an airport where I discovered that I don't have to reduce my video card to less what it is. Still with the limiter at 90, aerosoft Heathrow fsx gives me... frames, hm, that very clearly depends on the aircraft which I use. Choose one.

Don't say Captain Randazzo's BA-B744, I also own her, but wouldn't that be too normal? I rather think of something like a Flyin Kangaroo. If you buy Randazzo's B744, you also own the Wunala Dreaming. Which in my eyes is one of the most beautiful birds on this planet!
                      And Heathrow since a couple of months is the only European airport (!) which really fits.

Sydney? Oscar Echo Juliet is type Boeing 747-400ER. Ready for Take/Off.

PS: I know that somebody decided to get rid of Wunala. So, as far as I know Oscar Echo Juliet 744ER is still in the air. But no longer as the most beautiful Boeing 747 which I've ever seen. That's where 40 year old men step in who still use a semi-pro flight simulator at home. With Wunala Dreaming.
                      Last edited by LH-B744; 2019-09-22, 21:12. Reason: The fps with Randazzo's QF-B744ER 'Wunala Dreaming' fsx at Heathrow? Wait..

Comment

Back on topic, this one was opened for the successor of fsx, which I call fsXI.

My criterion for the new one is clear. Ask Captain Robert S. Randazzo if he's willing to publish his worldwide famous Boeing 747 not only for fsx, prepar3d and xplane.

But also for the 2020 Microsoft fsXI. I don't buy it without his participation!

Comment

The fps with Randazzo's QF-B744ER 'Wunala Dreaming' fsx at Heathrow.

28 is my answer. Is it allowed to upload the evidence? I know, this platform is optimized for performance, so, let's try to avoid traffic.

No direct upload. Which is ok and easier for me to enforce copyright. So, if you need evidence for the 28, leave me a message.

Comment

I recently got hands on experience with the new Microsoft Flight Sim, and had the chance to pitch questions to the team. Here's what I found out. -----------...

Looks really nice! Just imagine a PDMG product on this platform.

Comment

Put it full screen NOW!

Comment

Working...
                              X