Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indianbhaji - prescreening request

Hello,

I am a novice at editing aircraft photos it appears. I was wondering if I would be able to get some advice and request some pre-screening on the following renditions of the same image:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jp2_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	575.0 KB
ID:	1046341Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1252.jpg
Size:	802.0 KB
ID:	1046342

The original image that I uploaded to JetPhotos, but was rejected is here:

It was rejected for the following reasons:
    - No vignetting allowed (I observe no vignetting, maybe I do not have the eye, however, this has left me quite stumped!)
    - Bad composition (The aircraft looks very centred to me, is it because I have the tail of another aircraft to the right, or is it due to the unappealing nature of the shrubbery at the base of the image?)
    - Oversharpening (I admit it was oversharpened)

If anyone can give me advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

Kindest regards
    Eric
    Attached Files

Your new edit would be rejected for vignetting and heat haze, and possibly cut off (tight crop on left) and horizon (CW needed). Vignetting is easily visible on the whole left side, but especially the corners, as is typical. Heat haze is not really fixable, and was hidden with the oversharpening previously.

Comment

Hello dlowwa,

Thanks for feedback! It's a shame really, I was looking to get a/this photo onto JetPhotos seeing that it had only just come out of the paint shop. I am not as informed as some may be with regards to photo editing so I'll leave it for someone else to take. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Dear all,
        Please find attached images I wish to be pre-screened. I have been attempting to hone my aircraft photography editing skills ever since my devastation at being rejected last time. If there is anything that can be done to resolve any issues that are found, I would appreciate this advice as well!

Name:	DSC_2055.jpg
Size:	679.5 KB
ID:	1040529

Name:	DSC_1798R.jpg
Size:	971.2 KB
ID:	1040531
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by indianbhaji View Post
          Dear all,
          Please find attached images I wish to be pre-screened. I have been attempting to hone my aircraft photography editing skills ever since my devastation at being rejected last time. If there is anything that can be done to resolve any issues that are found, I would appreciate this advice as well!
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]25997[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]25999[/ATTACH]
          1. color (not sRGB), borderline soft, needs CW rotation, and bad edit in the sky top left.
          2. color, vignetting, poor centering/crop

Comment

Hello, I return after many months of hibernation. Please may I request prescreening on this image?
            Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0830.jpg Views:	0 Size:	220.3 KB ID:	1077625
            Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hello, I return after many months of hibernation. Please may I request prescreening on this image?
              Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0830.jpg Views:	0 Size:	220.3 KB ID:	1077625
              Thank you in advance!
              Would be rejected for soft, compression, contrast, color, and dark.

Comment

Hi,

I'd like to try my luck again at getting something successfully screened. Please may I request screening on this image?

Name:	DSC_3692.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	1092304
                Thanks in advance!
                Eric

Comment

Hi,

I'd like to try my luck again at getting something successfully screened. Please may I request screening on this image?

Name:	DSC_3692.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	1092304
                  Thanks in advance!
                  Eric
                  This would be rejected for soft, contrast, and centering.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

This would be rejected for soft, contrast, and centering.
                    Thanks for the feedback! I'm not fully well-versed when it comes to image processing and would love to improve - so if possible, I'd like to get some help and advice on the contrast and centering rejection reasons.

Contrast
                    I read your post about contrast on the forums here (https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...-or-too-little) - whilst I understand what you wrote, I was wondering if I could get some judgement as to whether the contrast is fixable - whilst it was overcast on the day, I was thinking that the contrast might be workable as the lighting conditions aren't as extreme as the one you described in your post. I have uploaded the original .nef file here. At a quick glance, are you able to suggest whether I could fix the contrast on that image? (you don't need to download the file, you should be able to view the original .nef image in your browser when you click on that link).

Centering
                    As for the centering, is the issue with the vertical centering or with the horizontal centering? I personally think that the horizontal centering is fine but I can see why it might be rejected for centering due to the vertical position of the aircraft in relation to the image?

Appreciate the pre-screening and I would be ever more grateful if you could deliver more insight into how I can improve the image.

Thanks,
                    Eric

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not fully well-versed when it comes to image processing and would love to improve - so if possible, I'd like to get some help and advice on the contrast and centering rejection reasons.

Contrast
                      I read your post about contrast on the forums here (https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...-or-too-little) - whilst I understand what you wrote, I was wondering if I could get some judgement as to whether the contrast is fixable - whilst it was overcast on the day, I was thinking that the contrast might be workable as the lighting conditions aren't as extreme as the one you described in your post. I have uploaded the original .nef file here. At a quick glance, are you able to suggest whether I could fix the contrast on that image? (you don't need to download the file, you should be able to view the original .nef image in your browser when you click on that link).

Centering
                      As for the centering, is the issue with the vertical centering or with the horizontal centering? I personally think that the horizontal centering is fine but I can see why it might be rejected for centering due to the vertical position of the aircraft in relation to the image?

Appreciate the pre-screening and I would be ever more grateful if you could deliver more insight into how I can improve the image.

Thanks,
                      Eric
                      The contrast/exposure on the original does look better than the image attached to your first post. With that in mind, I would say it's possible to get something that might be accepted here, but not guaranteed. Anything taken in overcast conditions like that will be a struggle. As to the centering, it is too low in the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

The contrast/exposure on the original does look better than the image attached to your first post. With that in mind, I would say it's possible to get something that might be accepted here, but not guaranteed. Anything taken in overcast conditions like that will be a struggle. As to the centering, it is too low in the frame.
                        Thanks for the response and advice! With the advice in mind - could I request prescreening on this new edit of the image please?

Name:	DSC_3692-Edit-3.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	604.4 KB
ID:	1092365

Thanks,
                        Eric

Comment

Thanks for the response and advice! With the advice in mind - could I request prescreening on this new edit of the image please?

Name:	DSC_3692-Edit-3.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	604.4 KB
ID:	1092365

Thanks,
                          Eric
                          Likely a contrast rejection. Really, unless there is some special significance to this particular image, I'd recommend moving on and working on something taken in better light.

Comment

Working...
                          X