Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mirrorless camera for spotting...???

Quote Originally Posted by zomeu View Post

I do not remember being rude to you in any way.

For the rest, we'll see ...

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/2019-camera-rumors/
    "Rumors also suggest the Canon has already abandoned a DSLR in-development (allegedly another variation of the 5DS). Canon has been making a big push into the mirrorless market with the EOS M and EOS R line. It looks like thatís were they will continue to push hard in 2019."

https://www.canonrumors.com/canon-sa...velopment-cr2/

And R&D budgets are not unlimited : 1DX III was developped yet, will probably be launched. Maybe the last one....
    From that line ... Rumors also suggest the Canon has already abandoned a DSLR in-development (allegedly another variation of the 5DS) ... I don't see "DSLR's are going to disappear from the market within two years...", as you mentioned above. Canon will reduce the number of DSLR models and increase the number of mirrorless models. And finally there seem also to be lenses for the EOS R line on the way.

BTW, I also see Nikon going that way, but still having their DSLR lines on offer for many years.

What I said is :
    - It's currently very difficult (quite impossible) to finance R&D (and assembly lines) for two different technologies on a decreasing market,
    - There are new DSLR's yet developped, going to go to the market within the two coming years, probably not beyond. No new DSLR model will be developped during this time.
    - These probably last new DSLR's will be produced until amortization of developpement costs and specific tools (see my previous posts).

- New lenses will obviously appear : their commercial cycle is much longer than bodies, and mounts are (partially) independant from optical part.

Industry has not the same rules as photography...

PS : I can remember since I was young : The same kind of debates raised when TTL viewfinders appeared vs double-lens reflex, when 35mm appeared in front of 6x6 and 6x9, when digital threatened film, etc...
    The only difference was that the forums were the small pub on the street corner...
    Cheers !...

I do not remember being rude to you in any way.

For the rest, we'll see ...

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/2019-camera-rumors/
    "Rumors also suggest the Canon has already abandoned a DSLR in-development (allegedly another variation of the 5DS). Canon has been making a big push into the mirrorless market with the EOS M and EOS R line. It looks like that’s were they will continue to push hard in 2019."

https://www.canonrumors.com/canon-sa...velopment-cr2/

And R&D budgets are not unlimited : 1DX III was developed yet, will probably be launched. Maybe the last one....
    Im a Canon CPS Platinum member/pro . Both Canon and Nikon/Sony latest DSLR incarnations will be in heavy use at next years Olympic games and beyond.

My friend in Dubai is a new Sony ambassador - the latest A9 doesn't quite cut it for action, its work in progress..

Either way, it's about gear to situation and importantly knowing how to use it!.

James wasn't being rude just pragmatic.

Regards T
    Last edited by 777MAN; 06-28-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 777MAN View Post
    [SNIP]

James wasn't being rude just pragmatic.[/SNIP]
    That line really made my day

Quote Originally Posted by seahawk View Post
    DSLRs are the steam machines of photography.
    So they'll be more or less extinct soon, with a handful of people being really nostalgic about them?

Quote Originally Posted by 777MAN View Post
    Im a Canon CPS Platinum member/pro
    Oh, well, sorry Sir.
    Deepest respects.

I didn't give Canon $300 to receive an embroidered bag, a nice strap, two lens caps, -30% on repairs and a metal-grey "Platinium" plastic card, and I consequently didn't have the special skills it gives to talk (friendly and freely in a normal case) about industrial strategy of multinational firms.

As a former (recently) associate in a 900 persons strategy and finance consulting firm, I just modestly tried to bring in mind the most usual (actually, don't dream : maybe unpleasant, but only) way I think I perfectly know a board of directors will reason. I certainly (really not difficult...) have more knowledge of this than in photography : to each one his own job...

Let's keep in mind that company's boards represent only shareholders and their money, and not photographers and the stuff they are used to, even with $300 cards...

They are pragmatic.

And I am very sincerely open to any other interesting and supported view (other than the possession of an expensive discount card at a merchant or having a friend in the Middle East).

Oh, well, sorry Sir.
    Deepest respects.

I didn't give Canon $300 to receive an embroidered bag, a nice strap, two lens caps, -30% on repairs and a metal-grey "Platinium" plastic card, and I consequently didn't have the special skills it gives to talk (friendly and freely in a normal case) about industrial strategy of multinational firms.

As a former (recently) associate in a 900 persons strategy and finance consulting firm, I just modestly tried to bring in mind the most usual (actually, don't dream : maybe unpleasant, but only) way I think I perfectly know a board of directors will reason. I certainly (really not difficult...) have more knowledge of this than in photography : to each one his own job...

Let's keep in mind that company's boards represent only shareholders and their money, and not photographers and the stuff they are used to, even with $300 cards...

They are pragmatic.

And I am very sincerely open to any other interesting and supported view (other than the possession of an expensive discount card at a merchant or having a friend in the Middle East).
    What did you say "I do not remember being rude to you in any way."

How old are you?

• Canon do NOT offer $300 cards/memberships nor anything else!
    • Their service like Nikon etc.. is aimed at Professional photographers who make a living from their work and require professional support.
      I am an internationally published award winning photographer, with the RPS and American Photographic Society. Your assertion is unfair. I hold a BA (HONs) and MA (University of Manchester).
      I was in law enforcement for 33yrs finishing at a senior level
      Head of Counter terrorism for 5 yrs
      taught photography for the last 5 years.
      I hold directorships on boards at executive and Non ex level

Oh, and btw our senior/admin are still Pragmatic, objective, supportive etc.. T
    Last edited by 777MAN; 07-02-2019 at 11:13 PM.