A question on memory cards for Aviation shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question on memory cards for Aviation shooters

I am new to the forum, i am using a canon t6 camera, please suggest which memory cards will be most reliable for shooting. I do not want to loose any pictures while capturing aircraft..any help greatly appreciated...

Welcome to the forum! I started out with three 16 gig memory cards for my D3400 and that was plenty. I just had to switch memory cards a lot. Now I have a 128 gig, 64 gig, and those three sixteen gigs. The larger cards will last more than one trip for me now, which is really nice. The amount of storage I have now should last me through a full day at an airshow, plus some. So make sure you have a lot more space than you think you'll ever need. As far as brands go, SanDisk and Lexar are the best. You'll also want an external hard drive to store photos on. I started out with more than 200 gigs of storage space on my computer, and two months later I filled it all up.
    This is the 128 gig memory card I bought. It also has options for 64, 32, and 16 gig memory cards, all reliable and at really good prices. https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memor...gateway&sr=8-3

Comment

Any well known brand should work. (Sandisk, Lexar, Transcend, Samsung, Kingston... ) all should work and all can fail. Sandisk is very helpful when you have defective card and it is easy to get a replacement and they offer a long warranty.

I would avoid the fastest and the slowest cards. Something in the middle is usually my choice.

I prefer to use more smaller cards instead of one larger, so that a card failure does not kill so many pics.

Comment

could you help me with some specific details like brand, type of card and speed... this would be most helpful as i see there are many options available.

Comment

Originally posted by laksh View Post
          could you help me with some specific details like brand, type of card and speed... this would be most helpful as i see there are many options available.
          If you are shooting in RAW instead of JPG, then you need a bigger card.
          I have two 64GB sandisks ultra but I would buy an extreme as they is faster.

Comment

just one question sorry to digress a bit, do you shoot jpeg or raw and would ultra be enough for jpeg shooting and full HD video.

Also was looking at your jetphotos photo stream absolutely brilliant color and light...

Comment

just one question sorry to digress a bit, do you shoot jpeg or raw and would ultra be enough for jpeg shooting and full HD video.

Also was looking at your jetphotos photo stream absolutely brilliant color and light...
              I would go extreme if you can. I use extreme and extreme pro. My extreme 32mb card is rated at 90mb/s and I also have a 64gb Ultra which is meant to be the same speed but is noticeably slower to write raw files on my 6D. If you're shooting video you want as fast as possible.

Comment

thank you for the quick response. My camera only supports full HD 1080P maximum resolution.

will definitely look at the extreme and extreme pro...

Laksh

Comment

thank you for the quick response. My camera only supports full HD 1080P maximum resolution.

will definitely look at the extreme and extreme pro...

Laksh
                  I would still look at the extreme cards if you can even if you're shooting HD. I can't shoot 4k but I would still get an extreme for HD.

Comment

As a 5d mark2 user, I use an 8gb card. it is possible to simply synchronize photos with my mobile phone.

Comment

Working...
                    X