Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyBoyOne View Post
    Hello All
    Recently i have been getting spate of soft rejections (One linked below). that photos was currently set my sharpness to 150 with quality at 100% (I shot at 1/4000 as it the highest my camrea can go)

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7380453

Thanks
    FBO
    Well, to start with, you need a sharp photo. Sharpening something that's already quite soft or blurry isn't going to do much good. From the looks of your photo (sharp in the center, soft towards the edge/corner, indicative of lens softness) sharpening the image is not the problem so much as taking a sharp image in the first place.

Comment

(I shot at 1/4000 as it the highest my camrea can go)
      What was your aperture for this photo?

Comment

Usaully about 4.5-5.6 as otherwise its just way to overexposed

Comment

[QUOTE=dlowwa;687588(sharp in the center, soft towards the edge/corner, indicative of lens softness) sharpening the image is not the problem so much as taking a sharp image in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Is there anyway to sort out a soft lens i tried Dr Google but with no joy

Comment

I suggest, you start by learning more abiut camera settings. I don't know, what settings you used, but try the following for a photo as shown above:
            - ISO 100, 200 or 400
            - set the camera to Aperture priority
            - f/8
            - let the camera find the appropriate exposure
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

As Geri suggests, you might want to start with the basics of camera operation, especially aperture and how it can affect different aspects of the image taking process. Softness could be caused by a number of factors, including depth of field, focusing issues, etc.., but in this case, as I said above, I suspect that due to the relatively wide aperture you used, the corners are much softer than the center. This is very common with lower-end lenses, and can usually be remedied (to varying degrees) as Geri suggests, by stopping down the aperture.

Comment

Lovely ill give that a shot thanks!

Comment

Hello All again
                  JUst wondering if this is a problem with my RAW photos not being sharp eough from the outset or me just being a idiot in the editing bit

Couple of exaples
                  JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hello All again
                    JUst wondering if this is a problem with my RAW photos not being sharp eough from the outset or me just being a idiot in the editing bit

Couple of exaples

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7438190
                    Not sure exactly what you are asking, but I can confirm these images are quite soft.

Comment

Im unsure if it is because The photos I use are soft (Currently using AV with F8 And ISO 100) or its just my editing

Comment

Im unsure if it is because The photos I use are soft (Currently using AV with F8 And ISO 100) or its just my editing
                        Kind of hard to tell without something to compare to, like say, the original, don't you think?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7869.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	1041132
                          Here Is one of them for the same Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7869.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	1041132day sorry that I didnt attach it before!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26675[/ATTACH]
                            Here Is one of them for the same [ATTACH=CONFIG]26675[/ATTACH]day sorry that I didnt attach it before!
                            This is not the same as either of the two you posted earlier, but in any case 1) yes the image is quite soft, and 2) even so, a really good edit might have been able to hide that fact. So likely the soft rejections are due to the combination of soft images to start, and lack of good editing skills to hide that fact.

Comment

i think it might be the fact you cut off the wheel. i'm not 100% cause it might not be enough to cause a rejection but that's why i would say it was rejected

Comment

Cheers that probally is the fact

Comment

Working...
                                X