777-FZB or not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 777-FZB or not.

Hi, I just noticed, that autofill categorised my picture of N705GT as Boeing 777-FZB and was wondering if this is still correct since I thought Boeing stopped using costumer codes on 777 aircraft after a certain line number.
    Can anyone clarify what's the case at the moment, other site don't seem to agree on one designation.

I think the new designation only applied for new aircraft such as the 787-8, the new 777, MAX8 ect.
    For the aircraft still being produced like the 767F I think they are still using the previous designation.
    Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

I thought that Boeing stopped using costumer codes for all aircraft at some point in 2016. But I might be wrong. I see the same difference for the other Boeing types as well: JA73AC is listed as a 737-8AL on JP, Skyliner for example lists it as a 737-800

Comment

Customer codes are not dropped. There only will be no nee ones. The autofill is correct.
        “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
          Customer codes are not dropped. There only will be no nee ones. The autofill is correct.
          By Boeing, they were. By Jetphotos, they were not. Personally, I do not understand the reasoning behind this, but customer codes for existing models (777, 737NG) were not used beyond a certain line number. I forget the actual ln number where they no longer applied, but this change occurred quite some time ago.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by PrestonFiedler View Post
            By Boeing, they were. By Jetphotos, they were not. Personally, I do not understand the reasoning behind this, but customer codes for existing models (777, 737NG) were not used beyond a certain line number. I forget the actual ln number where they no longer applied, but this change occurred quite some time ago.

Regards
            They are not. All excisting customer codes are still applied. But I do not want to start a discussion here.

At JP we use the customer codes.
            “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
              They are not. All excisting customer codes are still applied. But I do not want to start a discussion here.

At JP we use the customer codes.
              Actually, that is incorrect. From line 6082 onwards for the 737NG, no customer code applies. It is a fairly easy internet search to see that that is correct. That information is reported by several reputable outlets, and directly from the manufacturer. If JP wants to use the customer code, then that is up to the crew. Personally, it does not make much sense to me, but that's a discussion that's not for here, and probably one not worth having on my end.

Regards

Comment

Working...
              X