Thread: I had no idea!

And I thought I started quite a while ago! This is the man that is running our country. I don't know about you all, but it scares the sh*t out of me!

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    I don't know about you all, but it scares the sh*t out of me!
    That he talks about airports captured 1775 is the least of the concerns.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

"Our army manned the [unintelligible]. It rand the ramparts. It took over the airports."

At least the third sentence isn't jibberish.

And I thought I started quite a while ago! This is the man that is running our country. I don't know about you all, but it scares the sh*t out of me!
    At your age you're this easily scared?

Quote Originally Posted by ATLcrew View Post
    Daley! This man and some of his cohorts are turning this country in to Germany 1930's Scared? More like terrified.

Daley! This man and some of his cohorts are turning this country in to Germany 1930's Scared? More like terrified.
    Daley?

Daley?
    Oops, daily.

What is the objective of this topic?

Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilian10 View Post
    What is the objective of this topic?
    You really made a forum account to ask that question ?

Goal of that topic is, I suppose, to have a bit of fun, even if I admit it's hard to say if it's funny or scary....

Initial report is out. Just prior to the event, the automation was lost (perhaps due to rain ingress of the teleprompter). The President Speaking (PS) took manual control of his own words but exhibited a lack of skill and discipline in manual speech. The PS may also have developed bad instincts over time with regard to the truth. The reference to airports in 1775 was apparently the result of improvised cowboy speechmanship. The PS was probably disoriented due to startle factor by the suddenness of the switch from automated to manual speech and seems to have little or no proficiency on memory items, or memory anything for that matter.

Recommended actions include subjecting the PS to history retraining from the 3rd-grade level and a more stringent safety culture on the part of the nation during future election cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Initial report is out. Just prior to the event, the automation was lost (perhaps due to rain ingress of the teleprompter). The President Speaking (PS) took manual control of his own words but exhibited a lack of skill and discipline in manual speech. The PS may also have developed bad instincts over time with regard to the truth. The reference to airports in 1775 was apparently the result of improvised cowboy speechmanship. The PS was probably disoriented due to startle factor by the suddenness of the switch from automated to manual speech and seems to have little or no proficiency on memory items, or memory anything for that matter.

Recommended actions include subjecting the PS to history retraining from the 3rd-grade level and a more stringent safety culture on the part of the nation during future election cycles.
    Now that's a good one Evan!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    You really made a forum account to ask that question ?

Goal of that topic is, I suppose, to have a bit of fun, even if I admit it's hard to say if it's funny or scary....
    Ya think?

Of all of the jokes and sarcasm above, this is the most unrealistic part:

a more stringent safety culture on the part of the nation during future election cycles.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Per usual, I see a near total dismissal the fundamental knowledge of Aviation and US history might be applied...The Wright brothers first flew in the early 1900's and air power was not really relevant until WW I...but to call on such knowledge is "improvisation". One can only think in a war-specific mindset- what is the specific modes of battle for this war...for that war. No thinking is allowed- only rote regurgitation.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Not aviation-related, but still. I never liked the guy. Then I thought him running for the Republican nomination was a bad joke. He got the nomination and then the debates started. It was during either the first or the second debate when he claimed "our GDP is 1%, and [paraphrase] I think it's now even lower than that". So much talk about economic growth, and 1) the guy doesn't know the difference between GDP and GDP % growth; and 2) he quotes a really fake number for economic growth (annualized, which is what would matter). And his supporters loved him. I still wasn't scared because I didn't think he was going to win. I saw the chance for Brexit happening at about 50%, but I didn't think Trump was going to win.

And apparently he has done worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-k6PEb93Q

When the Revolutionary War airports comment came about, I thought it was funny. Maybe I'm desensitized

Quote Originally Posted by Black Ram View Post
    Maybe I'm desensitized
    It's the only way to get through this. Every time I see him in the guise of the president, I think I'm trapped in a Simpsons episode. Well, if I am, we know that Lisa Simpson will win the next election, so there is that to look forward to...

Every time I see him in the guise of the president, I think I'm trapped in a Simpsons episode.
    Have you ever seen the movie "Idiocracy"? Reality seem to get closer to it every day...
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Quote Originally Posted by Black Ram View Post
    Not aviation-related, but still. I never liked the guy. Then I thought him running for the Republican nomination was a bad joke. He got the nomination and then the debates started. It was during either the first or the second debate when he claimed "our GDP is 1%, and [paraphrase] I think it's now even lower than that". So much talk about economic growth, and 1) the guy doesn't know the difference between GDP and GDP % growth; and 2) he quotes a really fake number for economic growth (annualized, which is what would matter). And his supporters loved him. I still wasn't scared because I didn't think he was going to win. I saw the chance for Brexit happening at about 50%, but I didn't think Trump was going to win.

And apparently he has done worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-k6PEb93Q

When the Revolutionary War airports comment came about, I thought it was funny. Maybe I'm desensitized
    As I said early in the thread...

That he talks about airports captured 1775 is the least of the concerns.
    Nothing compared with what he said about climate change, renewable energies, vaginas, immigration (bot illegal and legal), world trade, and a big list of etceteras.

In Argentina we are very used to this kind of celebrities. They are called populists. The came both in liberal and conservative flavor, and the common denominator is that they say what the people wants to hear, doesn't matter if it is true, good or sustainable.

And as sure as I was that he was not going to win the election, now I am sure that he will win the re-election much easier and with much more margin than the 1st time.
    I was wrong with my first prediction, so no all hopes are lost.

I don't know what you expect how old he is. As far as I know, here at jetphotos we have members between .. 14, if the father says, ok, I like to show you what I do in the internet, ...
    so, members between 14 and... 74?

And what would you guess, BoBo's avatar is quite young, i.e. his avatar is younger than himself. 1969? That's a year about Bobo can tell you something.

So, I am able to understand what BoeingBobby means. Let's say he was born 1945. Then I completely understand what he means.

And I absolutely second what BoeingBobby says. There is one man on this planet who sits on the red button. And if I had no choice but live next to this red button, then I'd try to make it to Honolulu (far far far away from the red button), or before that, I'd try to discuss it, and why not on an aviation platform.... !

A man with a red button in his hands who is convinced that aviation on planet Earth already existed in 1775?!

So, let's take KIAD airport (Washington-Dulles Intl). How many runways did they have back then in 1775?

I had no idea!

PS: As for TeeVee and Gabriel, also for BoeingBobby and for you my invitation is valid. Come to EDDL (est 1927, do not confuse with 1727), and I'll buy 3 to 5 drinks for each of us, I think after this topic we need it. Is he really running your country or is he an actor?!

EDDL, the one and only airport which existed before 1795. Confirmed by nobody.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 07-11-2019 at 11:59 PM. Reason: 5 x 5. That's what I meant.
    LH also has a intercontinental history, the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955.
    A/C type: Lockheed Super Constellation.
    The operator on the DUS - NYC route, on the DUS - BKK route, and on the shiny new DUS - LAS nonstop route? EW, one of the dearest LH daughters .

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years. A whole decade here on this platform.