No announcement yet.

I had no idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not aviation-related, but still. I never liked the guy. Then I thought him running for the Republican nomination was a bad joke. He got the nomination and then the debates started. It was during either the first or the second debate when he claimed "our GDP is 1%, and [paraphrase] I think it's now even lower than that". So much talk about economic growth, and 1) the guy doesn't know the difference between GDP and GDP % growth; and 2) he quotes a really fake number for economic growth (annualized, which is what would matter). And his supporters loved him. I still wasn't scared because I didn't think he was going to win. I saw the chance for Brexit happening at about 50%, but I didn't think Trump was going to win.

And apparently he has done worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-k6PEb93Q

When the Revolutionary War airports comment came about, I thought it was funny. Maybe I'm desensitized

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ram View Post
      Maybe I'm desensitized
      It's the only way to get through this. Every time I see him in the guise of the president, I think I'm trapped in a Simpsons episode. Well, if I am, we know that Lisa Simpson will win the next election, so there is that to look forward to...

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        Every time I see him in the guise of the president, I think I'm trapped in a Simpsons episode.
        Have you ever seen the movie "Idiocracy"? Reality seem to get closer to it every day...
        Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ram View Post
          Not aviation-related, but still. I never liked the guy. Then I thought him running for the Republican nomination was a bad joke. He got the nomination and then the debates started. It was during either the first or the second debate when he claimed "our GDP is 1%, and [paraphrase] I think it's now even lower than that". So much talk about economic growth, and 1) the guy doesn't know the difference between GDP and GDP % growth; and 2) he quotes a really fake number for economic growth (annualized, which is what would matter). And his supporters loved him. I still wasn't scared because I didn't think he was going to win. I saw the chance for Brexit happening at about 50%, but I didn't think Trump was going to win.

And apparently he has done worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-k6PEb93Q

When the Revolutionary War airports comment came about, I thought it was funny. Maybe I'm desensitized
          As I said early in the thread...

That he talks about airports captured 1775 is the least of the concerns.
          Nothing compared with what he said about climate change, renewable energies, vaginas, immigration (bot illegal and legal), world trade, and a big list of etceteras.

In Argentina we are very used to this kind of celebrities. They are called populists. The came both in liberal and conservative flavor, and the common denominator is that they say what the people wants to hear, doesn't matter if it is true, good or sustainable.

And as sure as I was that he was not going to win the election, now I am sure that he will win the re-election much easier and with much more margin than the 1st time.
          I was wrong with my first prediction, so no all hopes are lost.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
            At your age you're this easily scared?
            I don't know what you expect how old he is. As far as I know, here at jetphotos we have members between .. 14, if the father says, ok, I like to show you what I do in the internet, ...
            so, members between 14 and... 74?

And what would you guess, BoBo's avatar is quite young, i.e. his avatar is younger than himself. 1969? That's a year about Bobo can tell you something.

So, I am able to understand what BoeingBobby means. Let's say he was born 1945. Then I completely understand what he means.

And I absolutely second what BoeingBobby says. There is one man on this planet who sits on the red button. And if I had no choice but live next to this red button, then I'd try to make it to Honolulu (far far far away from the red button), or before that, I'd try to discuss it, and why not on an aviation platform.... !

A man with a red button in his hands who is convinced that aviation on planet Earth already existed in 1775?!

So, let's take KIAD airport (Washington-Dulles Intl). How many runways did they have back then in 1775?

I had no idea!

PS: As for TeeVee and Gabriel, also for BoeingBobby and for you my invitation is valid. Come to EDDL (est 1927, do not confuse with 1727), and I'll buy 3 to 5 drinks for each of us, I think after this topic we need it. Is he really running your country or is he an actor?!

EDDL, the one and only airport which existed before 1795. Confirmed by nobody.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2019-07-11, 23:59. Reason: 5 x 5. That's what I meant.
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
            X