Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Warnings

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    109

    Default Warnings

    Hi,

    I've been posting photos here for nearly two years which I do for the enjoyment, to improve my photography, learn from others and hopefully meet new friends to do some photography with.

    My last photo was accepted but I had a screener comment telling me this was my third warning. I was a bit taken back with the directness of this since I hadn't broken any rules or been nasty to anyone, in fact I'd been quite the opposite. Secondly, I wasn't sure we were operating on warnings, nor that I already had some (nor why I had them) and what the consequence of this is.

    I just want to check in case I'd inadvertently broken any strict rules, caused offence or posted something inappropriate. I'm here for my enjoyment rather than getting hassled.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,741

    Default

    Hi,

    Screeners can add warnings to photographer's accounts while screening, but these are usually for internal use, and don't necessarily have any consequences - they're just messages for future reference if there are repeated issues with a given photographer. In the case of a serious infraction, the photographer may be contacted and receive a direct warning, as well as have a warning placed on their account.

    Your three warnings are rather innocuous, all for missing categories. In a situation like that, there are no further consequences for you other than we are less likely to correct categories for you the more warnings for missing categories you have. I agree it was unfair for the screener to comment about the warnings if you have no way of seeing them or even knowing about them. We try to let photographers know whenever they are repeatedly having the same issue so they can avoid it in the future, but as we can see in your case, this doesn't always happen.

  3. #3
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
    Hi,

    I've been posting photos here for nearly two years which I do for the enjoyment, to improve my photography, learn from others and hopefully meet new friends to do some photography with.

    My last photo was accepted but I had a screener comment telling me this was my third warning. I was a bit taken back with the directness of this since I hadn't broken any rules or been nasty to anyone, in fact I'd been quite the opposite. Secondly, I wasn't sure we were operating on warnings, nor that I already had some (nor why I had them) and what the consequence of this is.

    I just want to check in case I'd inadvertently broken any strict rules, caused offence or posted something inappropriate. I'm here for my enjoyment rather than getting hassled.

    Cheers
    That was the third time a screener corrected your categories and left you a note. The screeners then write a note for future reference for the screeners. That note is called warning in our screen.

    Within the screeners we follow an unwritten rule: we correct a category and accept a photo, up to a certain number of such corrections. I for one think, three such hints, or notes, or warnings or however we want to call them, are enough.
    Last edited by LX-A343; 07-09-2019 at 08:05 PM.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Hi,

    Screeners can add warnings to photographer's accounts while screening, but these are usually for internal use, and don't necessarily have any consequences - they're just messages for future reference if there are repeated issues with a given photographer. In the case of a serious infraction, the photographer may be contacted and receive a direct warning, as well as have a warning placed on their account.

    Your three warnings are rather innocuous, all for missing categories. In a situation like that, there are no further consequences for you other than we are less likely to correct categories for you the more warnings for missing categories you have. I agree it was unfair for the screener to comment about the warnings if you have no way of seeing them or even knowing about them. We try to let photographers know whenever they are repeatedly having the same issue so they can avoid it in the future, but as we can see in your case, this doesn't always happen.
    That makes perfect sense and very useful to know, especially if through lack of experience I miss out on things. Do you know what definition is used for Night? Couldn't find one here and as there are a few it would be easy to get the wrong one.

    I'm appreciative for the support screeners provide, its improve the quality of what I do.

    Cheers

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    120

    Default

    In the photo upload guidelines it says that if the photo has long shadows and a red-orange glow it counts as a night shot. Basically, if you see some of that red-orange glow then you should tick the box.

  6. #6
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rodeback View Post
    In the photo upload guidelines it says that if the photo has long shadows and a red-orange glow it counts as a night shot. Basically, if you see some of that red-orange glow then you should tick the box.
    Nothing to add.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •