Thread: Clarification on hot photo new livery rule

Default Clarification on hot photo new livery rule

I recently had what I thought was a hot photo of a repainted aircraft (new livery) rejected for invalid hot because "the livery may change again". From how I understand the rules, any change in livery is hot.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7423665

Can someone clarify this for me?

Cheers
    Reuben

The airplane is in process of painting - the livery is not fully visible right now. Screener left you a comment in appeal which clears your doubts by the way

Quote Originally Posted by TomEPKK View Post
    The airplane is in process of painting - the livery is not fully visible right now. Screener left you a comment in appeal which clears your doubts by the way
    Yes. I saw the comment. However, there is nothing in the detailed upload guidelines stating this. If photos are going to be rejected for a reason like this, then state it in the detailed upload guidelines. If it was stated there, I wouldn't have uploaded as hot and therefore wouldn't have had this problem. From my perspective, the livery is different, so therefore the way I see it and the way the guidelines say it, is it should be hot, and therefore should be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by NZDN_spotting View Post
    Yes. I saw the comment. However, there is nothing in the detailed upload guidelines stating this. If photos are going to be rejected for a reason like this, then state it in the detailed upload guidelines. If it was stated there, I wouldn't have uploaded as hot and therefore wouldn't have had this problem. From my perspective, the livery is different, so therefore the way I see it and the way the guidelines say it, is it should be hot, and therefore should be accepted.
    Quite common sense that she is not hot.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Quote Originally Posted by ErwinS View Post
    Quite common sense that she is not hot.
    I don't see it that way, but if that's the screener's perspective, then please change the detailed upload guidelines to reflect this

The plane is under going a re-paint, so the livery changes every work step, it is obvious that only the final result will count as hot.