Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: jakew04 - general questions

No problem!

There are a lot of photographers who upload a lot of photos to Jetphotos. So if your photo gets rejected you lose an upload slot, and you don't get it back for two weeks. After two weeks you get that slot back, but until then, there is no way to delete it from the database. I guess it sort of incentivizes people to only upload their best photos so the screeners spend less time screening photos that will get rejected. It's a bit of a bummer, but that's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rodeback View Post
    There are a lot of photographers who upload a lot of photos to Jetphotos. So if your photo gets rejected you lose an upload slot, and you don't get it back for two weeks. After two weeks you get that slot back, but until then, there is no way to delete it from the database. I guess it sort of incentivizes people to only upload their best photos so the screeners spend less time screening photos that will get rejected. It's a bit of a bummer, but that's how it works.
    ok thanks

It's also a way to weed out people with poor quality shots trying to start - they fill their 5 slots with rejections, and usually give up

I would not say weed out, I would say reduce frustration on both sides. It is no fun screening some 20 mobile phone shots up-loaded at 1200 with a file size around 20-50kb and it is also probably no fun to up-load 20 pics just to have them all rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawk View Post
    I would not say weed out, I would say reduce frustration on both sides. It is no fun screening some 20 mobile phone shots up-loaded at 1200 with a file size around 20-50kb and it is also probably no fun to up-load 20 pics just to have them all rejected.
    yea i understand, but is there a lot of people who upload via there phone?

Quote Originally Posted by NZDN_spotting View Post
    It's also a way to weed out people with poor quality shots trying to start - they fill their 5 slots with rejections, and usually give up
    hmm ok

Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jakew04 View Post
    yea i understand, but is there a lot of people who upload via there phone?
    Mainly the Instakids generation but yeah we get a huge increase of people sending us phone pics since the Instagram spotting community exploded

Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar

and to go back to the initial question, there's just no technical way to remove a rejection from your account

Regards
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    Mainly the Instakids generation but yeah we get a huge increase of people sending us phone pics since the Instagram spotting community exploded
    hmm ok

Default private or not?

hey guys i took a photo of registration- N3333U and only found one other photo on here and it said private but it has ruiying yacht on the tail if any of you guys know for sure if this is private or not can you tell me i'm about to post it and i don't want to get a rejection for bad info

thanks in advance

Go with the autofill data as it says private

Hello

I’m not a screener, but if I were you I wouldn’t change the autofill data which says “Private” unless you have info about the owner.

Good luck

hey guys i took a photo of registration- N3333U and only found one other photo on here and it said private but it has ruiying yacht on the tail if any of you guys know for sure if this is private or not can you tell me i'm about to post it and i don't want to get a rejection for bad info

thanks in advance
    Private indeed
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

is it ok thanks just wanted to double check

Default appeal queue

hey guys

i got a photo just now rejected for to little contrast and i appealed it, it's my first tine appealing a photo and i'm not sure how long i have to wait, does it go to the back of the queue again or is there a appeal queue

thanks in advance

To the best of my knowledge, appeals are handled by senior screeners and you will have to wait for one to start doing his volunteer time to process the appeal.

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Appeals may be screened immediately, or take a day or two, depending on who is available, and how many others there are in the queue. I'd say typically they are screened in under 6 hours.

Default no reg= hot photo?

hello guys

i took a photo of registration 14+04 it's a german air force global express aircraft and can't find a photo of it. so if it's a new registration can i class it as a hot photo?

thanks in advance

JetPhotos.Net Crew

hello guys

i took a photo of registration 14+04 it's a german air force global express aircraft and can't find a photo of it. so if it's a new registration can i class it as a hot photo?

thanks in advance
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/keyword/14-04

71 images of it already in the DB. Not hot.