X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1920 px. or other size...?

Hello friends!
    I apologize in advance for my English.
    Here I want to ask. I was puzzled by the question after discussing my publications on the JP (This is not a reason for visiting my profile). This is not about content. We talked about the size of the photo. There was a discussion.
    The bottom line is that the smaller the photo, the more it looks.
    My friend explained this by the fact that most of the JP users use mobile devices.
    The fact is that I try to publish photos in 1920 pixels on the wide side.
    That's my fault? Maybe you do not need to take pictures of this size?

Originally posted by Pavel B View Post
    Hello friends!
    I apologize in advance for my English.
    Here I want to ask. I was puzzled by the question after discussing my publications on the JP (This is not a reason for visiting my profile). This is not about content. We talked about the size of the photo. There was a discussion.
    The bottom line is that the smaller the photo, the more it looks.
    My friend explained this by the fact that most of the JP users use mobile devices.
    The fact is that I try to publish photos in 1920 pixels on the wide side.
    That's my fault? Maybe you do not need to take pictures of this size?
    Hi,
    No need to apologise for bad English. As far as I can see you have 5 recent rejections? I don't have time right now to go through them all, the last upload had editing halos.
    Processing issues will be evident at various upload sizes., more so at larger upload sizes.
    I don't understand /follow your point about mobile devices - sorry.

I do upload at 1920pix, but thats the exception not the norm, I am normally in the 1600pix range for JP, thats my personal comfort zone.
    Happy to help if you have further questions as will crew/forum members
    Regards T

Comment

Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
      Hi,
      No need to apologise for bad English. As far as I can see you have 5 recent rejections? I don't have time right now to go through them all, the last upload had editing halos.
      Processing issues will be evident at various upload sizes., more so at larger upload sizes.
      I don't understand /follow your point about mobile devices - sorry.

I do upload at 1920pix, but thats the exception not the norm, I am normally in the 1600pix range for JP, thats my personal comfort zone.
      Happy to help if you have further questions as will crew/forum members
      Regards T
      Hello!
      Thanks for talking to me.
      All the deviations that I have are justified. I tried to challenge such a decision. But ultimately, after clarifying the reasons for rejection. I agree with the screener 100%. Thank them for their work and patience.
      It is interesting to me to make and process photos of exactly large size. I understand that it is more difficult and the number of marriages may be greater.
      I asked about photo views. View statistics.
      My buddies claim that few people look at a photo of a large size. In particular, due to the fact that many people use either a phone or a tablet for viewing. And mobile internet.
      I do not know ... I disagree with that.

Comment

We have in the last few years seen a shift in viewing photos towards mobile devices away from traditional PC screens, so yes you could say it's not necessary to upload at the largest sizes. I've tended to upload at around 1600px although trying some more 1920px stuff lately. However, the larger the photo, sometimes the more evident any flaws/issues. A photo that looks soft at 1920px can look much sharper at say 1200px. As they say, bigger isn't always better.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
          We have in the last few years seen a shift in viewing photos towards mobile devices away from traditional PC screens, so yes you could say it's not necessary to upload at the largest sizes. I've tended to upload at around 1600px although trying some more 1920px stuff lately. However, the larger the photo, sometimes the more evident any flaws/issues. A photo that looks soft at 1920px can look much sharper at say 1200px. As they say, bigger isn't always better.
          Yes, I agree. The larger the photo size, the more flaws you can see.
          But personally, the interest is precisely in this - to choose the best photo from the entire array of the footage. And, publish in the photo in large size. On the big photo you can see the details. I'm certainly far from perfect, but I try very hard.

Comment

Working...
          X