Why was this shot rejected so quickly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was this shot rejected so quickly

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This shot was rejected in under 30 minutes, before I could even properly review it myself. Why? First you get me used to 7+ days in the queue now you rejected it in minutes. I literally tried to run dust check on it after grabbing a drink and it was gone already?

I didn't flag it as hot or anything of the kind?

I'm very confused.

Because it is a new registration. Then the shot will be in the hot queue.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Ok a couple things:

I have previously uploaded a new reg and it did not automatically go to the "hot" queue.

27 minutes seems exceptionally fast when the lockout lasts 2 weeks for someone new to this. If there is such fast results there should be a warning prior to upload. I don't trust my main display so I tend to double check on a second computer, and I often see issues there I don't on the first and vice-versa... this kind of thing would make me not want to continue with this. The process in this case makes this all seem excessively unfair and make me question the whole point.

In this case after looking on the second computer I would of deleted the photo from my queue and redone the crop... To be literally robbed of a slot for this when I'm trying to figure out exactly what the screeners are looking for seems wrong.
      Last edited by northstardc4m; 2019-07-23, 20:25. Reason: clarification of thoughts

Comment

You know, we would usually have even more people complaining because we don't screen hot photo faster

So... Feel free to come up with a better idea, knowing that hot photo guidelines are clear in the upload guideline + on the upload page.

Regards
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by northstardc4m View Post
          Gee great no warning of that and another slot locked out... Yea just great. This is really not a good way to encourage people to upload better pics of they don't even have time to properly review their own uploads, just saying.
          You van always check the photo at your end, just saying. The queue is that, a queue, not a photo checking tool, just saying.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Gee great no warning of that and another slot locked out... Yea just great. This is really not a good way to encourage people to upload better pics of they don't even have time to properly review their own uploads, just saying.
            Well most people do see the hot photo queue as a perk rather than a burden, it means that photographers don't have to wait long periods of time to upload to the site and if its a new registration aircraft like it sounds that yours was you do get a badge for it should it get accepted.

In future just type the aircraft rego in the search bar prior to upload and if it looks like it will be a new registration make sure to review the image in your personal editor for dust spots.ect before uploading it to the queue.

Kind Regards,
            Jordan W

Comment

Ok let me clear on this, because I did clarify my earlier post but the new comments all appeared after I did so...

I do not see anywhere the automatic hot queue is listed. I would not of chosen the hot queue. I have checked the guidelines, it is not mentioned. I have previously uploaded a new reg, N10JP on a new type, it did not go to the hot queue. I cannot find any mention of pics being automatically put in the hot queue.

Again:

I am not complaining about how the hot queue is processed BUT,

I did not choose hot,

I did not know about this automatic placement in the hot queue, and a previous new registration did NOT go the hot queue, how would I have known about this as

I cannot find it documented, it is not in the guidelines for sure:

2.5 Hot Photo

The following will be accepted as hot for 48 hours after the first photo got accepted:

1. New aircraft type produced by a manufacturer. (including subtypes)
              2. New aircraft type / subtype for an airline or air force. (including roll-outs or test flights at the factory)
              3. First appearance of a new airline colour scheme. (incl. for all subtypes)
              4. First appearance of a special scheme for an airline or air force. Air force special scheme must be at least a full tail marking or similar size on the fuselage. (also for subtypes). Airline special scheme includes all alliance schemes such as Star Alliance, One World etc.
              5. Other Newsworthy events at the discretion of the screening team. (typical hand over ceremonies, promotion tours by new airliner types,..)
              6. photos of airliners with a registration not in the database will count as hot. (the 48h hours guideline will not apply to those)
              7. Please note that new routes are not considered as hot.

Hot photos for which the 48 hour guideline does not apply

In order to improve the cooperation with FlightRadar24 and have the most up to date photo available for the FlightRadar24 site the following will be accepted as hot for the first photo accepted only.

1. A new delivery of an aircraft type that already exists in the fleet.
              2. An existing aircraft in the fleet that is repainted in a new colour scheme.
              3. Any change to the colour scheme (for example: removal of a special scheme, new stickers) or to the aircraft itself (Winglets, Sharklets) - Note that this is only valid for active aircraft
              4. Photo of an airliner with a registration not in the database or re-use of a registration for a new airframe

Remember, these are hot only for the first accepted image.

If it is new reg my previous upload of N10JP should of triggered the same but it didn't, either time I uploaded it, and for that one it STILL isn't in the database on a Gulfstream 450, and yet it took a normal screening time to be screened, both times, and yes the shot is probably unfixable so I've given up on it.

So yes, I'm angry, I feel cheated and I feel it's unfair. If something like this is going to be sprung on new users it should at the very least be in the guide linked on the upload page and/or a warning should appear and/or the option to delete after screening for a fair period of time should exist in these cases.

Comment

Ok let me clear on this, because I did clarify my earlier post but the new comments all appeared after I did so...

I do not see anywhere the automatic hot queue is listed. I would not of chosen the hot queue. I have checked the guidelines, it is not mentioned. I have previously uploaded a new reg, N10JP on a new type, it did not go to the hot queue. I cannot find any mention of pics being automatically put in the hot queue.

Again:

I am not complaining about how the hot queue is processed BUT,

I did not choose hot,

I did not know about this automatic placement in the hot queue, and a previous new registration did NOT go the hot queue, how would I have known about this as

I cannot find it documented, it is not in the guidelines for sure:

2.5 Hot Photo

The following will be accepted as hot for 48 hours after the first photo got accepted:

1. New aircraft type produced by a manufacturer. (including subtypes)
                2. New aircraft type / subtype for an airline or air force. (including roll-outs or test flights at the factory)
                3. First appearance of a new airline colour scheme. (incl. for all subtypes)
                4. First appearance of a special scheme for an airline or air force. Air force special scheme must be at least a full tail marking or similar size on the fuselage. (also for subtypes). Airline special scheme includes all alliance schemes such as Star Alliance, One World etc.
                5. Other Newsworthy events at the discretion of the screening team. (typical hand over ceremonies, promotion tours by new airliner types,..)
                6. photos of airliners with a registration not in the database will count as hot. (the 48h hours guideline will not apply to those)
                7. Please note that new routes are not considered as hot.

Hot photos for which the 48 hour guideline does not apply

In order to improve the cooperation with FlightRadar24 and have the most up to date photo available for the FlightRadar24 site the following will be accepted as hot for the first photo accepted only.

1. A new delivery of an aircraft type that already exists in the fleet.
                2. An existing aircraft in the fleet that is repainted in a new colour scheme.
                3. Any change to the colour scheme (for example: removal of a special scheme, new stickers) or to the aircraft itself (Winglets, Sharklets) - Note that this is only valid for active aircraft
                4. Photo of an airliner with a registration not in the database or re-use of a registration for a new airframe

Remember, these are hot only for the first accepted image.

If it is new reg my previous upload of N10JP should of triggered the same but it didn't, either time I uploaded it, and for that one it STILL isn't in the database on a Gulfstream 450, and yet it took a normal screening time to be screened, both times, and yes the shot is probably unfixable so I've given up on it.

So yes, I'm angry, I feel cheated and I feel it's unfair. If something like this is going to be sprung on new users it should at the very least be in the guide linked on the upload page and/or a warning should appear and/or the option to delete after screening for a fair period of time should exist in these cases.
                So you cant exactly choose what queue you want your picture in if it is a new rego aircraft, in honesty it is just part of it and like I say before most people actually see it as a perk of the site. N10JP is NOT a new rego although it may be a hot photo, there are 8 other images up of a Falcon 2000 in the db so if like you say that rego now belongs to a G450 you need to manually write that the aircraft type has changed in the hot photo box as the system wont pick that kind of thing up.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Williams View Post
                  So you cant exactly choose what queue you want your picture in if it is a new rego aircraft, in honestly is just part of it and like I say before most people actully see it as a perk of the site. N10JP is NOT a new rego although it may be a hot photo, there are 8 other images up of a Falcon 2000 in the db so if like you say that rego now belongs to a G450 you need to manually write that the aircraft type has changed in the hot photo box as the system wont pic that kind of thing up.

https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/N10JP?term=N10JP
                  But this is my point...

No where can I find anything about images being automatically submitted for any kind of priority screening. If i'd known yes I would of changed my method. I want you to think of this from my viewpoint. I have done less than 10 uploads so far, I do not know all these things exist. Having this kind of thing happen is demoralizing when all I want to do is figure out what works here at this point. If it was documented I would know. But now you are saying "well that one isn't automatic because xxx" how am I supposed to know this kind of thing?

Comment

But this is my point...

No where can I find anything about images being automatically submitted for any kind of priority screening. If i'd known yes I would of changed my method. I want you to think of this from my viewpoint. I have done less than 10 uploads so far, I do not know all these things exist. Having this kind of thing happen is demoralizing when all I want to do is figure out what works here at this point. If it was documented I would know. But now you are saying "well that one isn't automatic because xxx" how am I supposed to know this kind of thing?
                    Well actually I have been in your shoes not that long ago and it is a massive learning curve getting your head around all this, so, if it's not in the guidelines ill tell you now for future:

- If its a new rego (ie. the registration of the aircraft has previously not been uploaded to the db) then it will enter automatic screening once you upload it.

- If an aircraft type has changed for a rego (like your G450/Falcon situation) then you need to say so in the hot photo box if you want it to go into priority screening.

- If the livery, or anything other than a new rego situation occurs that constitues a hot photo in the guidelines, you need to write that reason in the hot photo box if you want it to go into priority screening.

Comment

Yes and that would be fine if it wasn't for a 14 day slot lockout that I'm now stuck with taking 1 of only 5... all because this little bit of information is not posted anywhere. It's extremely frustrating as a new uploader.

Comment

Yes and that would be fine if it wasn't for a 14 day slot lockout that I'm now stuck with taking 1 of only 5... all because this little bit of information is not posted anywhere. It's extremely frustrating as a new uploader.
                        Well i'm not sure what else I can tell you, i'm just another member (not a screener or staff member) tying to help you out and you seem to constantly go back to the "its not fair i'm a new uploader" statement which isn't great considering not just myself but everyone here is trying to help you understand so you can have a smooth experience in future.

It does say in the guidelines that any "Photo of an airliner with a registration not in the database or re-use of a registration for a new airframe" is considered hot so whether it is automatic or not shouldn't really be an issue as most would regardless submit it for priority screening, the only difference if you like between them is that you don't get a choice with new regos.

Have a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Williams View Post
                          Well i'm not sure what else I can tell you, i'm just another member (not a screener or staff member) tying to help you out and you seem to constantly go back to the "its not fair i'm a new uploader" statement which isn't great considering not just myself but everyone here is trying to help you understand so you can have a smooth experience in future.

It does say in the guidelines that any "Photo of an airliner with a registration not in the database or re-use of a registration for a new airframe" is considered hot so whether it is automatic or not shouldn't really be an issue as most would regardless submit it for priority screening, the only difference if you like between them is that you don't get a choice with new regos.

Have a good day.
                          I do appreciate that, not trying to be difficult with you.

I'm just pointing out a process flaw and voicing my displeasure at the situation. I am not deliberately aiming comments in a negative way at anyone. Just "squeaky wheel gets the grease" type thing...

And yes, I will go with lesson learned, just annoyed with it, but at least the re-crop got accepted from hot now that I understand all this.

Comment

I do appreciate that, not trying to be difficult with you.

I'm just pointing out a process flaw and voicing my displeasure at the situation. I am not deliberately aiming comments in a negative way at anyone. Just "squeaky wheel gets the grease" type thing...

And yes, I will go with lesson learned, just annoyed with it, but at least the re-crop got accepted from hot now that I understand all this.
                            No problem. congrats on its acceptance.

Comment

Congrats. I see the first was rejected due Cropping / Photo edges / Size Ratio. The image was 1280x690.

In the first instance I was like, oh, of course, that's not 16:9 ratio. (as I can't see any cropping issues). It is 16:8.625.

The new accepted one is 1280x783 which is just as "unusual". 16:9.7875 or 3:1.8352 or 4:2.4469

Then I checked the upload page and it does not specify any longer a size ratio requirement. Only the guidelines §1.3 say
                              Photos can be uploaded with an aspect ratio between 4:3 and 3:2, or at an aspect ratio of 16:9.
                              So I wonder if I missed something on the aspect ratio.
                              A) why does https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9383523 fit into this requirement? and
                              B) could I technically upload a shot 4:2.775 (which is "between 4:3 and 3:2" i.e. 1280x888) ((but not below 4:2.666 which equals 3:2))

Screener's advice highly appreciated!

PS; I'm aware that the thread started on a different topic, but the guidelines, as our Canadian guy already copy-pasted, are quite clear in this respect. The hot photo delay request has been discussed here already.
                              Last edited by bleuair; 2019-08-01, 10:18.

Comment

Working...
                              X