• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northstardc4m View Post
    Are the birds a no go for this?
    Birds should not be an issue.

Comment

shouldn't, I like it.
      I think it adds to the image in a certain way.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154010489@N04/
      https://www.instagram.com/crosswind_...ography/?hl=en

Comment

Well I just want to thank everyone for the advice given... thanks to all that great support this shot made the top 4 yesterday:

SP-LSF. Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

well done, it's a great shot

Comment

Question:

I've had 2 shots rejected for being low in frame on ERJ-170/175s... looking at pics in the database most sidelines on this type seem to be very high in frame with the centerline below the wing top... Can someone provide some guidance on this type what the screeners are seeing differently seemingly?

Comment

unsure about this one... anyone have any advice?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I'm not sure it's got enough contrast? But I can't knock it up anymore without either halos or blowing out the whites.

Comment

unsure about this one... anyone have any advice?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I'm not sure it's got enough contrast? But I can't knock it up anymore without either halos or blowing out the whites.
                Hi, as you can read here (#2)

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

Prescreening isn't offered by crew for any images already in the queue.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Hi, as you can read here (#2)

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

Prescreening isn't offered by crew for any images already in the queue.
                  ? I deleted it from the queue before posting... I've seen that done by others? But ok I'll put it elsewhere then...

like here

Click image for larger version

Name:	YYZ20200530_UR82060_3.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	572.6 KB
ID:	1091290

Comment

? I deleted it from the queue before posting... I've seen that done by others? But ok I'll put it elsewhere then...

like here

Name:	YYZ20200530_UR82060_3.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	572.6 KB
ID:	1091290
                    It was still showing in the queue when I checked, but is gone now

But good thing you pulled it, as this one would have certainly been rejected for soft, and possibly noisy & contrast as well.

Comment

This is the first time I'm attempting edits of images done through glass... any issues or recommendations?

Click image for larger version  Name:	CGWRG_T3_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	744.8 KB ID:	1095210

Click image for larger version  Name:	CFRWA_T3_1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	982.2 KB ID:	1095209

Click image for larger version  Name:	CFHEN_T3_1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	850.5 KB ID:	1095208

Comment

This is the first time I'm attempting edits of images done through glass... any issues or recommendations?

Click image for larger version Name:	CGWRG_T3_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	744.8 KB ID:	1095210

Click image for larger version Name:	CFRWA_T3_1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	982.2 KB ID:	1095209

Click image for larger version Name:	CFHEN_T3_1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	850.5 KB ID:	1095208
                        1. horizon, centering (bit too low)
                        2. horizon, soft
                        3. horizon (CW)

Comment

Thanks didn't notice the rotation... fixed 1 and 3 and added to my queue.

Try again for another close to 2... original couldn't sharpen up well enough, this one looked softer in raw but seems to of sharpened up better?

Name:	CFRWA_T3_B.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	1,021.1 KB
ID:	1095249

Comment

Thanks didn't notice the rotation... fixed 1 and 3 and added to my queue.

Try again for another close to 2... original couldn't sharpen up well enough, this one looked softer in raw but seems to of sharpened up better?

Name:	CFRWA_T3_B.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	1,021.1 KB
ID:	1095249
                            Sharpening looks ok, but you've introduced a little either noise or compression.

Comment

Ok so I have some questions...

Rejection for dark (debatable but fixable... Not the issue)

Vingette ( can't see one, and way image in cropped would be lower left under the watermark if anywhere... Did the screener get confused by the lighter apron spot above the aircraft? If so I'll make sure to note it to screeners on resubmit as it is "actually there".)

Noise (again I don't really see any noticable? Knocked up contrast adjustments, Equalise and other filters... Except for the actual concrete pattern I can't see any noticable noise?)

Just need to ask before adjustments to brighten it up a little and resubmit am I missing something with those?

Comment

Ok so I have some questions...

Rejection for dark (debatable but fixable... Not the issue)

Vingette ( can't see one, and way image in cropped would be lower left under the watermark if anywhere... Did the screener get confused by the lighter apron spot above the aircraft? If so I'll make sure to note it to screeners on resubmit as it is "actually there".)

Noise (again I don't really see any noticable? Knocked up contrast adjustments, Equalise and other filters... Except for the actual concrete pattern I can't see any noticable noise?)

Just need to ask before adjustments to brighten it up a little and resubmit am I missing something with those?
                                I think you are missing something, because the image is noticeably noisy (probably due to shooting at ISO500), and all four corners are noticeably darker than the rest of the frame (again, probably due to your camera settings; in this case a wide aperture at a longer focal length). Be aware that brightening an image almost always introduces more noise, so that's likely to be an issue.

Vingette ( can't see one, and way image in cropped would be lower left under the watermark if anywhere... Did the screener get confused by the lighter apron spot above the aircraft?
                                Funny, but you can trust we know the difference between darkened corners from vignetting, and a shadow (and concrete and noise for that matter). It seems you are the one who might be confused, given the explanation of your camera settings above

Comment

Working...
                                X