Prescreening - NorthStarDC4M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescreening - NorthStarDC4M

Ok to avoid any more new registration mistakes on my part...

Previous attempts at this pic failed due to contrast... I've redone it from NEF (RAW)...

Ideas? Worth trying a third time?

Originally posted by northstardc4m View Post
    Ok to avoid any more new registration mistakes on my part...

Previous attempts at this pic failed due to contrast... I've redone it from NEF (RAW)...

Ideas? Worth trying a third time?
    Likely a rejection for compression and overexposure/contrast. Also a touch low in the frame.

Comment

Ok lets see about this one... rejected once due to contrast and over-editting... but redone from scratch again

Comment

Ok lets see about this one... rejected once due to contrast and over-editting... but redone from scratch again

Contrast a bit low, but don't see any issues with the processing.

Comment

I'm unsure if the contrast is fixable... I'll give it another try though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

As far as I can take it I think... it picks up halos or other processing artifacts if i push the contrast much more

Ditto with the first one

Just really would like to get these up as they are new Registrations (on new type)

Comment

As far as I can take it I think... it picks up halos or other processing artifacts if i push the contrast much more

Ditto with the first one

Just really would like to get these up as they are new Registrations (on new type)
              No halos, but a tad overexposed.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Ok that I can probably fix... Just need to keep the mid and highlights a bit down more as I bring the contrast up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

One more try...

Comment

One more try...

Both are overexposed visually, in fact blown out in parts. Not sure what you are doing in capture/post processing but you have high spikes at the dark and white ends of the histogram.
                    Last edited by 777MAN; 2019-07-27, 20:21.

Comment

Im not sure what you are seeing in the histogram end spikes?

Lightroom window

Yes there is a bit high end blue but every single shot I look at with a blue sky is skewed that way so I'm a little confused? I'm trying to figure this out so if something is out White or Black spike in the histo would someone please explain what I'm not seeing?

Comment

Ok I think I figured out what was wrong and I'm a tad miffed at it... but anyways...

And hopefully these as well:

Comment

Ok I think I figured out what was wrong and I'm a tad miffed at it... but anyways...

And hopefully these as well:

Hi,
                          Exposure looks ok, histograms not clipped.
                          Check the centring on 2&4.
                          5 is too low and a tad dark for me.

Re your Lightroom Histogram question - Lightroom is actually showing you four histograms in one. On top is the luminance histogram, shown in gray. This shows brightness values and has nothing to do with color (blue etc..) The histogram is a useful tool, specifically the luminosity aspect "to set optimum brightness and contrast". (see this by Brian: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...-or-Luminosity).

Happy to help with any other Lightroom question(s) (I use it and Photoshop). You have some nice images in the db for a new uploader.
                          Regards T

Comment

Tony

Thanks for the feedback. I've tried getting back into this hobby after throwing my hands up at it about 10 years ago, and after taking some photography courses (and wasting years being loyal to that other site...), glad to know I am getting into the right track this time.

Yes I figured out the histogram in Lightroom, it's a little different than the style I'm used to but I got it now.

Otherwise the thing I was miffed about is I stuck a plugin into PSP2019 for some artistic photography (aka not aircraft related) about a month ago. Didn't realize that one of those plugins did "Optimize JPG on save" even when the rest of the package wasn't used... and you can guess what that did and why I was getting confused since I kept checking Lightroom for levels, contrast etc since I only use PSP for final resize and crop if needed (I don't know why but PSP does a far better bicubic resize than any version of PS I've tried). That's now removed and the above are the result. (Ironically my shot of C-FPJD that got accepted went through the same thing, I guess the brighter colors kept it from going overexposed through that stupid plugin). For a laugh, C-FNFS above and in post 3 are from the same Lightroom shot (cropping might be a little different but the contrast exposure etc are the same)... feel free grab them both and compare and yea... bit miffed as i said that I've wasted weeks and upload slots because of an oversight like that. At least I can laugh at it now

And for the centering I'll double check those again... might of gotten off center a bit in final resize and cropping.

And Air Belgium I'll see if i can fix it.

Thanks Again.

Comment

Well N10JP got accepted...

C-FNFS got a undersharp rejection which I can probably fix *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                              X