Bad Framing Rejections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Framing Rejections

I rarely get a rejection for "Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)". I've always used the rule that when cropping, the center marker sits in on the windows, at least for a side shot like this.

This is the second or third I've had lately for this reason. When I check them in PS, the crop center marker is on the windows. It might be just barely above or below center of the windows, but I've had other images with a few pixels up/down variation that haven't been rejected. Just not sure what is off enough to nuke the photo.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
    I rarely get a rejection for "Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)". I've always used the rule that when cropping, the center marker sits in on the windows, at least for a side shot like this.

This is the second or third I've had lately for this reason. When I check them in PS, the crop center marker is on the windows. It might be just barely above or below center of the windows, but I've had other images with a few pixels up/down variation that haven't been rejected. Just not sure what is off enough to nuke the photo.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks in advance.
    It's a bit low in frame. Better to center according to the fuselage. In any case this is borderline, so sometimes it works but sometimes not.

Regards from College Station,
    Yixin

Comment

Thanks in advance.
      Yeah, this is low in frame. I don't think an appeal would work. Centering based on the windows is usually a good method, but it's more reliable to put the center of the photo around the bottom of the cabin. This will almost always work. Just about the only times this doesn't work is when the shot is head on or almost head on. This is the method I use for centering and I believe I've only had two bad framing rejections in the last year and a half or so. One of them was a successful appeal.

Comment

These days it is a much better idea to use a smaller grid and align the fuselage in the center of the picture that way - equal space from the top and bottom - can't go wrong with that.

Comment

I would appeal the photo. It seems like both centering methods are accepted. Usinig the windows as center or the body.
          You have so many accepted pictures already in the database where you used the window for correct framing.

N141NN. Airbus A321-231. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

N580UW. Airbus A321-231. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

N220NN. Embraer 170-200LR. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

N758EV. Bombardier CRJ-701ER. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

The aircraft is centred fine, no issues there. Where the problem might be is the very close crop to the nose and tail. Try cropping the aircraft a bit looser, and leave a bit more space between the edges of the image and the nose+tail of the aircraft. ��

Comment

I'm not going to appeal, never been successful in any appeal so why waste the time? In fact, I'm not sure I'm going to upload anymore. I've already pulled what I had left in the queue. My rejection rate is approaching 80% which is unheard of for me and I can't seem to figure out why. The rejections have been for virtually every possible reason so its not just one problem. Equipment hasn't changed so no idea what is going on.

Comment

I'm not going to appeal, never been successful in any appeal so why waste the time? In fact, I'm not sure I'm going to upload anymore. I've already pulled what I had left in the queue. My rejection rate is approaching 80% which is unheard of for me and I can't seem to figure out why. The rejections have been for virtually every possible reason so its not just one problem. Equipment hasn't changed so no idea what is going on.
                Please post rejection links so we can comment, thank you

Comment

Recently I also received a refusal for the same reason. But the plane was perfectly centered so the appeal was successful (and it could not be otherwise). I believe that the overwork of the screeners may involve some cases of this; basically they are people and not automata.
                  Excuse my bad English.

Comment

The rejections have been for virtually every possible reason so its not just one problem.
                    That's not quite true, is it? I just checked, and you've had nine rejections in the past two weeks, and except for the one in your first post, all have been for soft (with noise/compression added on to two of those soft rejections). That's hardly 'every possible reason', and does in fact appear to be almost exclusively just one problem. Why not ask for some help/feedback in the other forum then?

Comment

Working...
                    X