Rejected for wrong but correct type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected for wrong but correct type?

Hi, I had N320DR rejected for bad info, I put the aircraft type as a Columbia 350 (which it is) but it got rejected for bad info saying it was a Lancair LC-42-5 50FG Columbia 350 but I looked under Columbia 350 aircraft on Jetphotots database and other "Lancair-42-550FG Columbia 350" had been accepted under the type of Columbia 350, so I am wondering my same type of plane as the others gets rejected for putting the same type as the others?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1046387Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8889.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1046388

Originally posted by Shannibal32 View Post
    Hi, I had N320DR rejected for bad info, I put the aircraft type as a Columbia 350 (which it is) but it got rejected for bad info saying it was a Lancair LC-42-5 50FG Columbia 350 but I looked under Columbia 350 aircraft on Jetphotots database and other "Lancair-42-550FG Columbia 350" had been accepted under the type of Columbia 350, so I am wondering my same type of plane as the others gets rejected for putting the same type as the others?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26943[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26944[/ATTACH]
    It's possible that the screener saw the "Lanclair" tarp on the aircraft, and thought that it was a Lanclair.

I'd check with an actual screener, though

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Andrew - CVG Spotter
    Canon T4i - 75-300mm

Comment

From a quick google search, FlightAware has it listed as a Lancair LC-42-5 50FG Columbia 350 so try uploading it listed as that and I think it will make it. No guarantees though because I'm not a screener.

Comment

Originally posted by Shannibal32 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26943[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26944[/ATTACH]
        FAA lists it as LC42-550FG

Comment

With a recent other discussion I discovered that this type needs some further clarification.
          The Columbia Models were certified aircraft from the beginning, with the first certification of the 300 (LC-40, with LC standing for Lancair Certified) happening in 1998 and the second of the 400 (LC-41) in 2000. The 350 (LC-42) was certified in 2003.

Now having said this, I believe the availability of the types in Jetphotos under "Homebuilt Aircraft" is not correct. They were all certified aircraft, first with Lancair and from 07/2005 on, with the spin-off of Columbia Aircraft, under their brand name.

Unfortunately, the menus do not offer any proper type under "Lancair" as manufacturer. There is only the Columbia models 350 and 400 (but no 300) under manufacturer Columbia.

The type "LC-4*" remained in FAA database even after the sale to Cessna in late 2007. If you look up N240CA, a former Cessna TTx demonstrator, it is also listed as type LC-41 (a previous 400 model). The upload menus under Cessna offer "Cessna T240 Corvalis TTX", but no Cessna LC-41.

Concluding, I believe that the database requires "Lancair 300/350/400" models for the certified aircraft of under manufacturer Lancair for pre-2005. The homebuilt "LC-xx" types should be moved to this Manufacturer Lancair.
          There is "Columbia 350/400" available (unfortunately I don't know by when the production of the 300 ceased, under Lancair or if there were Columbia 300s as well). As of late 2007 (or 2008 ) the "Cessna 350/400" and later "T240" are also available.

My 2 (or slightly more) cents.

Cheers Mirko

Comment

Originally posted by bleuair View Post
            With a recent other discussion I discovered that this type needs some further clarification.
            The Columbia Models were certified aircraft from the beginning, with the first certification of the 300 (LC-40, with LC standing for Lancair Certified) happening in 1998 and the second of the 400 (LC-41) in 2000. The 350 (LC-42) was certified in 2003.

Now having said this, I believe the availability of the types in Jetphotos under "Homebuilt Aircraft" is not correct. They were all certified aircraft, first with Lancair and from 07/2005 on, with the spin-off of Columbia Aircraft, under their brand name.

Unfortunately, the menus do not offer any proper type under "Lancair" as manufacturer. There is only the Columbia models 350 and 400 (but no 300) under manufacturer Columbia.

The type "LC-4*" remained in FAA database even after the sale to Cessna in late 2007. If you look up N240CA, a former Cessna TTx demonstrator, it is also listed as type LC-41 (a previous 400 model). The upload menus under Cessna offer "Cessna T240 Corvalis TTX", but no Cessna LC-41.

Concluding, I believe that the database requires "Lancair 300/350/400" models for the certified aircraft of under manufacturer Lancair for pre-2005. The homebuilt "LC-xx" types should be moved to this Manufacturer Lancair.
            There is "Columbia 350/400" available (unfortunately I don't know by when the production of the 300 ceased, under Lancair or if there were Columbia 300s as well). As of late 2007 (or 2008 ) the "Cessna 350/400" and later "T240" are also available.

My 2 (or slightly more) cents.

Cheers Mirko
            Thanks for the clarification and the info, but looking under the Cessna 350 category, i found some other aircraft that are also registered as LC-42-550FG but in the database are labeled as Cessna 350's, so should I upload as a Cessna 350 or request a new form a LC-42?

Comment

I believe that's really up to the screeners.

Sometimes, the marketing name is used (would be Lancair Columbia 350), sometimes the type designator is used. I can't see the strategy.

The A220 still runs as a BD-500-1A10 in FAA registry but as Airbus aircraft. I guess that's about the same issue.

Maybe wait a few days until the crew came up with a strategy and responds here?

Comment

Originally posted by bleuair View Post
                I believe that's really up to the screeners.

Sometimes, the marketing name is used (would be Lancair Columbia 350), sometimes the type designator is used. I can't see the strategy.

The A220 still runs as a BD-500-1A10 in FAA registry but as Airbus aircraft. I guess that's about the same issue.

Maybe wait a few days until the crew came up with a strategy and responds here?
                Waited about a week or so and nothing has been added and even tried adding the new aircraft to the db and it got rejected 2 times. Was just wondering if anyone from the crew can add the Lancair LC-42-550FG to the db please, if so that would be amazing.

Comment

Working...
                X