Thread: Help with photo submission

Default Help with photo submission

Hello,

Recently, I have been submitting lots of photos and getting many of them rejected for just one reason: Too much or too little contrast. Upon reading a thread in the forum, I know now that 99 percent of the time, it is too little contrast, but I still would like to know about some things to look for when editing contrast. Could someone give me tips for editing to get a good amount of contrast?

Here is a link to the recently rejected photo:

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7460714

Thanks so much,
    Daniel M.

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Quote Originally Posted by dandemo View Post
    Hello,

Recently, I have been submitting lots of photos and getting many of them rejected for just one reason: Too much or too little contrast. Upon reading a thread in the forum, I know now that 99 percent of the time, it is too little contrast, but I still would like to know about some things to look for when editing contrast. Could someone give me tips for editing to get a good amount of contrast?

Here is a link to the recently rejected photo:

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7460714

Thanks so much,
    Daniel M.
    Unfortunately editing is not going to do much to improve the contrast for this image. The very weak overcast light will make it impossible to get results that are acceptable for here. If you're going to be shooting in such conditions, realize that the images will probably be most suited for your personal collection, rather than something you would want to submit. if your aim is to get images accepted, better to save your shooting for better light conditions.