Click image for larger version

Name:	787View.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	375.2 KB
ID:	1046392
    Thank you very much!

Cut off wheels are not looking good...

Comment

Indeed, almost certainly a rejection for cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by 787Dream
        Great, I even mistyped my name
        Corrected
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi, I have decided to take my submission off the queue because I observed some post processing issue. I would like to use these as a prescreening check with some of my thoughts posted to verify if I understand the keys of postprocessing correctly.

Because I have posted these into queue, I am able to provide JP tools for these photos. I have taken off these photos from the queue.

I think the biggest issue of these images is slight overprocessing. It was very hard for me to notice editing halos using equalize option in PS, but I think it is clear in JP tools.

Also, since these images are the infamous 'read end' shots, I do have some troubles trying to figure out whether I have the correct centering.

These images are taken on the hottest day ever in the meterological record of the city, so the sunlights might be very strong.

1: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10302766
          Click image for larger version  Name:	76856_1657718318.jpg Views:	0 Size:	463.8 KB ID:	1140506Click image for larger version  Name:	76856_1657718318_dust.jpg Views:	0 Size:	298.6 KB ID:	1140507
          I think this image is also oversharpened as I can see a blue edge along the vertical tail.

2: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10302778
          Click image for larger version  Name:	85197_1657718507.jpg Views:	0 Size:	374.7 KB ID:	1140509Click image for larger version  Name:	85197_1657718507_Dust.jpg Views:	0 Size:	268.9 KB ID:	1140508
          Like previous, a bit oversharpened, but not as obvious.

3: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10302783
          Click image for larger version  Name:	16655_1657718581.jpg Views:	0 Size:	492.0 KB ID:	1140510 (Sorry out of attachments, please check link)
          I think the problem for this one is just some editing halos and a small bird or something on the bottom right.

Please get me some advice on how to improve these pics. Thanks!

Comment

To me they indeed seem overedited and too low in the frame.
            I would have centered them more like this.
            Also, I think that the 2 could be cropped more from the sides.
            Not a screenerer though
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 787Dream View Post
              Hi, I have decided to take my submission off the queue because I observed some post processing issue. I would like to use these as a prescreening check with some of my thoughts posted to verify if I understand the keys of postprocessing correctly.
              Hello, please read here when you get the chance, especially #4.

I've moved your post to your previous thread, but please continue to use the same one in the future.

Images are all overprocessed and slightly low in the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Hello, please read here when you get the chance, especially #4.

I've moved your post to your previous thread, but please continue to use the same one in the future.

Images are all overprocessed and slightly low in the frame.
                Sorry, my bad for forgetting that I used to have a post; and thank you for the notes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have changed my workflow and processing a bit and decided to take some photos off from DB submission since they weren't shot on a nice day.

Here I have a new set of photos looking for some prescreening advice (color might be degrading a bit on forum):

Click image for larger version

Name:	B-5629.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	478.9 KB
ID:	1141957Click image for larger version

Name:	B-5660.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	580.6 KB
ID:	1141958Click image for larger version

Name:	B-5481.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	617.8 KB
ID:	1141959Click image for larger version

Name:	B-5601.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	614.2 KB
ID:	1141960Click image for larger version

Name:	B-8360.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	593.2 KB
ID:	1141961

Thanks!

Comment

I have changed my workflow and processing a bit and decided to take some photos off from DB submission since they weren't shot on a nice day.

Here I have a new set of photos looking for some prescreening advice (color might be degrading a bit on forum):
                  There are minor issues with softness, (harsh) contrast, and vignetting.

Comment

There are minor issues with softness, (harsh) contrast, and vignetting.
                    Thanks for the note. It seems like when I downsize the images (and do the smart sharpening), Untamed smart sharpening tends to increase clipped shadows and highlights. Will adjust the contrast a little bit, increase a bit more sharpening (probably with a new method) and reduce more vignetting.

Comment

Hello, I have a new set of five images looking for some prescreening advice; I have refined my workflow again with a strong focus on vignetting and harsh contrast. Please also tell me if there are any photos that needed to go to night shot cat (which I dont think so, but some A/C do have some duskyish color)

Thanks!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I know that it is requested that "if you get a rejection you don't agree with, better to come here and get advice before appealing, not after. There is not much incentive to help those who disregard advice or appeal before asking for it," but I still need to bring it up because I thought the appealing process was not convincing enough for me.

This post is somewhat related to https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...-of-hot-photos.

Additionally, I would like to bring to the table regarding a recent rejection for "invalid hot": https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10360077 (since R2 door has some kind of patch, rather than some dust on the A/C)

Screener notes says: not a livery change --> invalid hot. However, when I was considering it for hot category, I checked the guidelines and found that:
                        3. Any change to the colour scheme (for example: removal of a special scheme, new stickers) or to the aircraft itself (Winglets, Sharklets) - Note that this is only valid for active aircraft
                        I thought that drop of color is kind of change in color scheme and is also in the spirit for updating the looks of the aircraft to FR24, so I appealed. But I got two responses that simply just says that it is not a livery change; it does not seem to provide a good explanation that why my work would not follow rule number 3.

I know in order to process images quickly and smoothly, certain rules needed to enforced, but I thought there probably can have a little bit of fluidity or thinking which change on aircraft is important at times?

For my case, I thought this is a change big enough to be seen from outside that should be the portrait of the A/C for now; I also think that patch is a fun feature and should be updated quickly for people's enjoyment.

If that's the rule, I will take that reject in my limited queue space; but I just want to find some consenus or maybe some understanding?

Sorry for a rather long note.

Comment

Hello, I have a new set of five images looking for some prescreening advice; I have refined my workflow again with a strong focus on vignetting and harsh contrast. Please also tell me if there are any photos that needed to go to night shot cat (which I dont think so, but some A/C do have some duskyish color)
                          Borderline oversharpened/overprocessed.

Comment

Borderline oversharpened/overprocessed.
                            Hi dlowwa,

I have deselected the noise cancellation (let me know if you feel it is grainy) and go easier on some shadow editing and sharpening. Do you think these two could work?

Thanks!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi dlowwa,

I have deselected the noise cancellation (let me know if you feel it is grainy) and go easier on some shadow editing and sharpening. Do you think these two could work?

Thanks!
                              Noise and centering could be issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X